IGNORED

Richarlison

18 minutes ago, StevO said:

That’s the point Bill. Did you know who Tim Cahill or Steven Pienaar were before we signed them? Did anyone at Leicester know who N’golo Kante or Jamie Vardy were before they signed them? How about when Hull signed Harry Maguire and Andy Robertson? 
Why do we only have to sign big names for big money? Good players can be cheap. 

Closer to home, I don’t imagine many were singing the praises of Seamus Coleman upon his signing. On average a cheap signing has a lower % chance of turning into a real player but, as you point out, it still happens fairly regularly.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

That’s the point Bill. Did you know who Tim Cahill or Steven Pienaar were before we signed them? Did anyone at Leicester know who N’golo Kante or Jamie Vardy were before they signed them? How about when Hull signed Harry Maguire and Andy Robertson? 
Why do we only have to sign big names for big money? Good players can be cheap. 

No, the point is neither of those I mentioned will get into our first Eleven, so what's the point.

I'm not posting any more. 

Back on topic Richarlison needs a rest tonight.

55 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i really don't want to sell him, he's a great player, scores goals, works hard, and the players all seem to get along with him.  we don't need the money and will be fleeced if we sell him and then buy his replacements.  please no.

Okay, well, maybe "we" don't need the money, as in the Mosh doesn't need the money.  But, "we" EFC do, in fact, very badly need a fair size packet in order to unfuck our books. 

Not advocating for the move, would much rather they take Kean at half the price (or less), but let's no pretend that we don't need the money.

4 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Okay, well, maybe "we" don't need the money, as in the Mosh doesn't need the money.  But, "we" EFC do, in fact, very badly need a fair size packet in order to unfuck our books. 

Not advocating for the move, would much rather they take Kean at half the price (or less), but let's no pretend that we don't need the money.

I think selling Richarlison to balance the books just sets us back again.  Also brands hasn’t proven he can spend big and get the right players (in my opinion) so I don’t wanna give him 100m to blow on players we’ll be calling deadwood 2 years after we signed them to a 5 year deal.  

I’d rather just keep the player and see where he can take us

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

The same way they've financed the club for years - government aid.

Yeah, the Mbappe deal is being funded by Qatar, Real Madrid are just the smokescreen behind it all. 

I didn't think that he would move this summer, but the quotes from Leonardo (PSG's President) suggest the deal is actually pretty likely.

26 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Yeah, the Mbappe deal is being funded by Qatar, Real Madrid are just the smokescreen behind it all. 

I didn't think that he would move this summer, but the quotes from Leonardo (PSG's President) suggest the deal is actually pretty likely.

how is real madrid funded by qatar?  the qatari's own PSG, not Real Madrid.  i'm confused.

Would really hate to see him go, but I think part of us all knows he will leave for CL football eventually. Seeing as we paid £40m for him I'm sure he would command a very pretty fee with being contracted until 2026.

I would obviously prefer him to stay, he's such an important player for us.

Its very late in the window to sell a player we will be relying on heavily this season. We only need the money if we want to sign someone else. The question is who can we get in 4 days to replace Richy?

Anyone who says Maupay needs to watch Brighton's games from last season, he is good at getting into goal scoring positions, and terrible at converting them into goals. 

If we get Dwight McNeil, Max Aarons and a striker with the funds then it makes sense.

I would imagine that Kean will go as well allowing us to get a attacking midfielder or player who can play accross the front row.

I have a horrible feeling he will go, ahead - if the money is right. If it hinges on the Mbbepe sale, then PSG should be flush and able to spend. 

I think we all knew it would be inevitable. The sad truth is that a big sale is due and needed to help meet the financial rules. 

Like others have said, this time the money can't be wasted.

There should bs plenty of decent players available on loan, if we can't find a permanent transfer in this window.

I am not bothered in the slightest about losing Richarlison. What I am worried about is PSG bullying us into accepting a fee that suits them more than us, and also us having very little time to spend whatever money we got for him.

Can actually see Richarlison pushing for this move and helping PSG. I think this is the only time a big club will ever be in for him so it'll be an opportunity he can't turn down.

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I am not bothered in the slightest about losing Richarlison. What I am worried about is PSG bullying us into accepting a fee that suits them more than us, and also us having very little time to spend whatever money we got for him.

Can actually see Richarlison pushing for this move and helping PSG. I think this is the only time a big club will ever be in for him so it'll be an opportunity he can't turn down.

I agree player power will come into to play here if there is a genuine interest which will play into the hands of PSG. We need to stand firm on our valuation and not be bullied into to letting him go on the cheap just because it suits him, take a leaf out of Spurs and Levy’s book Kane threw his dummy out the pram and didn’t get his own way, it’s alright players downing tools but someone like Richarlison will have more to lose if doesn’t stay committed to his contract, because months training on his own and occasionally getting a game in the U23 won’t do his international career any good and he lives and breath’s playing for his beloved Brazil, he won’t want to jeopardise that.