IGNORED

Southampton (Carabao Cup Home) Tuesday October 2nd

markjazzbassist

Wrong line up. Should have kept last weekend's squad the same. The players want to gain momentum and chemistry as much as every one else and not allowing them to do that and being knocked out of the cup on pens gives us that little mental niggle of uncertainty.

He could have been just at the very least adjusted the team slightly.

Too many changes to the team cost us tonight, all the good team work that’s started to show was taken apart, Gana and Davies, Kenny and Walcott, and a totally new pairing on the left. Should have started off with pretty much he sane team, got ahead by a couple and then rested.

only good from tonight was seeing Bernard do full 90 mins, and that he needs to play centrally not on the wing.

onwards and upwards at the weekend.

1 minute ago, Wiggytop said:

Too many changes to the team cost us tonight, all the good team work that’s started to show was taken apart, Gana and Davies, Kenny and Walcott, and a totally new pairing on the left. Should have started off with pretty much he sane team, got ahead by a couple and then rested.

only good from tonight was seeing Bernard do full 90 mins, and that he needs to play centrally not on the wing.

onwards and upwards at the weekend.

Sounded like he caused real problems out wide first half though 

All on the manager for me. What the fuck are we playing at? I’m away in Spain just got the result. Do we want to win anything? Piss poor. As a club what are we doing? Making seven changes? I like silva but I’ve no idea what he thinks he was doing tonight. Small mentality, watch Leicester make the semis. Imagine what that could have done to our club? I’m fucking totally pissed off tonight. Fuck silva fuck the changes, play your best fucking team you can and then bring on the subs. Fucking disgusted. Silva needs to sort that clever shit out, resting fucking players. Get a fucking grip 

Tinkering to that extent with the team takes me back to Koeman's reign, still remember the start of his 1st season we had won 4 and drawn 1 in our first 5 games, then he completely changes a winning team for the league cup against Norwich we get knocked out and everything goes down hill from there, let's hope Silva isn'tt going down the same road.

I must be on my own to think that was a strong side and not too much change. I agreed with the decision to change Richarlison and Walcott for Bernard and Lookman. Goalie was always going to be Stek and then Baines in for Digne meant 3 of the back 4 were same as Saturday. I think Tosun is better than DCL so I don’t get all the blame the manager is getting. Both Richarlison and Gana both got knocks at the weekend and were seen for some time by the physios on the pitch so I think resting them was right 3 days later. We lost by two poor pens by players who didn’t start and played Saturday! Lastly, for years this would had gone to extra time (but unluckily this wasn’t the case this year as I think there would have been only one winner. For me this one wasn’t on Silva. 

Hindsight is an amazing thing.

4 minutes ago, barryj said:

I must be on my own to think that was a strong side and not too much change. I agreed with the decision to change Richarlison and Walcott for Bernard and Lookman. Goalie was always going to be Stek and then Baines in for Digne meant 3 of the back 4 were same as Saturday. I think Tosun is better than DCL so I don’t get all the blame the manager is getting. Both Richarlison and Gana both got knocks at the weekend and were seen for some time by the physios on the pitch so I think resting them was right 3 days later. We lost by two poor pens by players who didn’t start and played Saturday! Lastly, for years this would had gone to extra time (but unluckily this wasn’t the case this year as I think there would have been only one winner. For me this one wasn’t on Silva. 

Hindsight is an amazing thing.

Hindsight is only hindsight when you’ve lost. Play your fucking best team. You’ve just give Pickford a new contract and then rested him!!! Stek is fucking shite!!! Bobby mimms mark 2. That’s just one position. Bad bad desicions today. I’ve stated I’d be happy with progression if we went for it in the cups. Silva has a lot to learn about our club. Fuming 

Agree with most that's been said so no need to up vote the relevant 8-10 posts. Angry that Silva meddled with a winning team. They've got to have the chance to gel in more than one game and if we'd put this to bed in the first half he could then have given the subs an airing.

7 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Hindsight is only hindsight when you’ve lost. Play your fucking best team. You’ve just give Pickford a new contract and then rested him!!! Stek is fucking shite!!! Bobby mimms mark 2. That’s just one position. Bad bad desicions today. I’ve stated I’d be happy with progression if we went for it in the cups. Silva has a lot to learn about our club. Fuming 

Don’t think Stek did anything wrong, he actually made a very good save to keep us in it, and saved a penalty.

The tea problem was Gana, he was nowhere to be seen for there first goal, and didn’t score a penalty!