IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

I thought he worked hard enough yesterday. Some of his effort is misdirected but I don't think he has lost any of his desire to work for the team. He looks more frustrated than anything. 

The big question is still about his ability on the ball. He isn't at Gray's level yet and we all hope he is better than that. 

This season was always going to be tough. Teams know about him now, they will work out ways to stop him. He needs to find another level and quickly. 

Not sure if anyone noticed, before his booking he tried to take a man out twice. One - because he reacted late to a situation he panicked and tried to take out the lad before he just shot over, he missed the lad and the lad shot over.  

the penalty dive, he just needed to hold up the ball. He had us in a good position. 

I would sooner try garner out wide than gordon at the moment with the order “don’t beat the man, whip it into the box” 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Thought he was brilliant today and made Coleman's job a lot easier than it might've been up against Zaha.

I’m hoping the message that needed to be delivered has hit home.  He got absolutely pelted the other night for wishing on next game after stinking the gaff out.

I was happy to reject £60m for him because of how highly I rate his talent. Let’s hope he realises it

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I’m hoping the message that needed to be delivered has hit home.  He got absolutely pelted the other night for wishing on next game after stinking the gaff out.

I was happy to reject £60m for him because of how highly I rate his talent. Let’s hope he realises it

So now he is a quality player, your position is somewhat fluid regarding Gordon..........

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

So now he is a quality player, your position is somewhat fluid regarding Gordon..........

Where did I say he wasn’t a quality player? Tell me where…. you can’t because I haven’t.  I noted a change in his attitude post Chelsea interest…. I anticipated that it would happen and that he would need pulling into line.

oh, I’m sorry, were the continuous petulant yellow cards, shite performances, moments where he left his full back exposed and having to get pulled up by team mates a dream?

he’s been piss poor and if he plays well I will give credit and if he’s crap I will give shit. 

As for fluid, try not to get too excited when underperforming players have a good game. It’s a long season. 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Garbage today. Didn't even try. He's so hot and cold it's unreal. 

We need 2 wingers/advanced forwards/wide attackers… whatever they’re called and both need to be able to run at players. Gordon/Gray/McNeil - all decent players but not really consistent game changers - all show flashes and all are good options but we’re crying out for someone who can consistently put the opposition on the back foot and isn’t afraid to do so… a Saint Maximin or Rafinha type - we’re not getting either but there must be the next rough diamond out there somewhere… I do feel Kudus was a player in this mould and sadly that ship has probably sailed.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

We need 2 wingers/advanced forwards/wide attackers… whatever they’re called and both need to be able to run at players. Gordon/Gray/McNeil - all decent players but not really consistent game changers - all show flashes and all are good options but we’re crying out for someone who can consistently put the opposition on the back foot and isn’t afraid to do so… a Saint Maximin or Rafinha type - we’re not getting either but there must be the next rough diamond out there somewhere… I do feel Kudus was a player in this mould and sadly that ship has probably sailed.

I'd love Trossard and Almeron but never going to happen. Or Richarlison back :D