IGNORED

Newcastle (Home) Wednesday December 5th

markjazzbassist

17 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

richarlison looks so much better on the left compared to bernard.  and even though tosun wasn't great today, he was laying off the ball and bringing others into the game which is something richie lacks when he plays in the middle.  

Thought Tosun was much better centrally than Richarlison has been.

Richie was clearly annoyed, when Tosun was removed, at having to move back there as well.

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

True Haf that was there game plan and but for Pickford at the end they could have taken all 3 points, I can't help feeling that we should be able to cope with teams like that.

We should... this was a game to rest Gana.  I'd have tried Davies.

What was with the first time shots? Take a touch. Control it. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Even if the game was still going now we’d still be waiting for the players to turn up. 

Never got going. 

We had the spell leading up to the goal but that aside I agree, 'specially second half. We're just fortunate that Jordan was so good (attempt one) and Atsu so bad (attempt two) late on or we'd have lost. The first one I didn't actually see at the time because while everyone around me stood up I just sat there waiting for the groans because I was convinced he'd score. Twenty-two hours since I left home and I've not had a kip yet, need to get my head down for a few hours.

I think the way we lost to Liverpool has effected some of the players a lot more than Pickford who seemed to have put it behind him, which shows he’s a strong character. 

I accept players have off days but so many at the same time tells me some were still feeling the effects of Sunday’s loss, or maybe more the manner of the loss that they let it effect them last night. 

Just a thought because I’m struggling to find a reason as to why some didn’t perform near their best at the same time. 

Quite difficult to put my finger on what we could have done better....

1. One touch passing was off.  Wasting too much time titting about when Newcastle already had 8 men in the box. 

2.crossing.... awful. I'd have done better than Coleman and Digne. Beat the first man ffs.  They had 4 tall lads to 2 of ours.... 

3. Run at the defenders when they are in the box.  We aren't cute enough... buy a penno! 

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Quite difficult to put my finger on what we could have done better....

1. One touch passing was off.  Wasting too much time titting about when Newcastle already had 8 men in the box. 

2.crossing.... awful. I'd have done better than Coleman and Digne. Beat the first man ffs.  They had 4 tall lads to 2 of ours.... 

3. Run at the defenders when they are in the box.  We aren't cute enough... buy a penno! 

There is all that but they are highly paid professionals and shouldn’t need doughnuts like us telling them how to play, for me heads weren’t in the right place with some. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

Newcastle fans saying we are a team of divers.... fuckin joke.  They were lucky to have 11 men never mind 9 which isvshat they should have had. 

To be honest, there were a few times when players went down too easily, but there were many more examples where they were hacked down. There should’ve been at least 2 reds and a pen given, but the ref was shite. 

Silva can only do so much. Some of the crosses were shocking, especially from Digne. He's been solid for us for the most part, but his crossing was way below the usual standard for him. I'm also still thinking about Gylfi's chance. I have no idea why he tried to shoot to the left with a defender approaching from that side.

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

To be honest, there were a few times when players went down too easily, but there were many more examples where they were hacked down. There should’ve been at least 2 reds and a pen given, but the ref was shite. 

There was a big shout for a foul in the build up to their goal and certainly from the Park End reaction we could have had a pen second half but I didn't see either incident. The ref was indeed shite and they got away with murder time wasting/kicking the ball away as well as hacking down every Blue in sight, every trick in the Benitez cook book obviously.

34 minutes ago, MikeO said:

There was a big shout for a foul in the build up to their goal and certainly from the Park End reaction we could have had a pen second half but I didn't see either incident. The ref was indeed shite and they got away with murder time wasting/kicking the ball away as well as hacking down every Blue in sight, every trick in the Benitez cook book obviously.

Lookman was fouled twice in the build-up to theirs as far as I'm concerned.

Mason is always a shithead for us.

We didn't tie because of the ref.

Having said that I feel it's ok to add Lee Mason and Jon Moss should be disqualified from the league. They are truly terrible at their jobs. When I see their faces prior to kickoff an instant and overwhelming sense of disgust and regret wash over. They take years off our lives with their terrible quality. 

13 hours ago, Shukes said:

One match guys.

Weve been pretty consistent with performances recently. The team is entitled to have a bad day once in a while.

Whats important is that they bounce back Monday night.

2 consecutive games where we’ve had good opportunities and not taken them. 

13 hours ago, Shukes said:

One match guys.

Weve been pretty consistent with performances recently. The team is entitled to have a bad day once in a while.

Whats important is that they bounce back Monday night.

2 consecutive games where we’ve had good opportunities and not taken them. 

On 05/12/2018 at 21:48, johnh said:

76% possession, 18 attempts on goal, 14 corners = 1 goal.    Of the 18 attempts on goal only 3 were on target.  We desperately need a striker who knows where the goal is.  These stats are getting very familiar.

On 05/12/2018 at 22:02, DownUnderToff said:

52 crosses and 14 corners, lack of a top quality striker wasn't what killed us today.

Its not just about the striker though, how many of them actually fell to Tosun? 1 maybe 2? 

The whole team need to start taking their chances. We probably had around 4 really good chances including the goal and to end up with just 1 goal isnt good enough from the whole team. 

Its a big problem though and one day we will score a boat load but at the moment it just isnt happening.

On 06/12/2018 at 14:48, sibdane said:

Silva can only do so much. Some of the crosses were shocking, especially from Digne. He's been solid for us for the most part, but his crossing was way below the usual standard for him. I'm also still thinking about Gylfi's chance. I have no idea why he tried to shoot to the left with a defender approaching from that side.

Completely agree. The system he deployed controlled the game. We created enough good chances to finish the game off and have done for a few games now but the players arent doing their bit. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Its not just about the striker though, how many of them actually fell to Tosun? 1 maybe 2? 

The whole team need to start taking their chances. We probably had around 4 really good chances including the goal and to end up with just 1 goal isnt good enough from the whole team. 

Its a big problem though and one day we will score a boat load but at the moment it just isnt happening.

Completely agree. The system he deployed controlled the game. We created enough good chances to finish the game off and have done for a few games now but the players arent doing their bit. 

Exactly. Gylfi, Tosun, and Walcott all had chances to turn the game in our favor but didn’t. I have to give credit to Newcastle for their shape though. They came with a plan and executed it well.