IGNORED

Moise Kean

37 minutes ago, Btay said:

I think if DCL broke out for Juve’s first team last year he’d be going for 30 million. He’s growing into the hardest role - sole centre forward, in the hardest league and he’s doing a damn good job.

Probs closer to double that, Mings went for £25m! We got £21m for Lookman who was kept out the side 2 years ago by DCL.

Rashford played 2331 minutes,  got 10 goals and 7 assists. Cba checking but I assume most come under Solsjear who based the team around his pace. 

DCL 1769 minutes, 6 goals, 5 assists. In a team focused on the midfield scoring. 

A goal contribution every 161 minutes compared to every 137 mins for Rashford, not bad considering DCL has the harder role. 

Whatever Rashford is worth add a bit extra. 

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

He's doing an average job. If he was doing a good job we wouldn't be pushing for a starting number 9.

I think he’s doing a good job considering his age and experience level. You’re right though that for a side with top 6 aspirations in the toughest league in the world he’s just OK as a front man. It’s a tough ask for anyone given that in order to be someone we’d be satisfied with in that role he’d have to be a top 15 or 20 striker in the world. Nothing wrong with being a solid premier league striker but we do ultimately need a bit more than that if we are going reach our goals as a club. 

6 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

I think he’s doing a good job considering his age and experience level. You’re right though that for a side with top 6 aspirations in the toughest league in the world he’s just OK as a front man. It’s a tough ask for anyone given that in order to be someone we’d be satisfied with in that role he’d have to be a top 15 or 20 striker in the world. Nothing wrong with being a solid premier league striker but we do ultimately need a bit more than that if we are going reach our goals as a club. 

Yeah I like him, he's got a good future ahead of him. He's a valuable player to us and hopefully will still be used if and when we do sign a new striker or two. 

He's 22 he's not a 16/17 year old with bags of room for growth as some seem to make out, granted it's a tough task to be upfront on his own etc

I like him he's a grafter and seems a great lad who has undeniably improved in the last year or so but for me personally he has a clearly visible ceiling that I don't think he'll brake it and go on to become good enough to lead our line olif we want to push on and we don't have the luxury of allowing him to "possibly" improve ala Anichebe

I think he's a great asset to have for the last 30/20 mins of games when legs are tired with his physicality and pace or a foil for a more rounded better partner 

There's to much rose tinted optimism towards some of the younger players (there not kids) at times when loyalty outweighs clear ability

3 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

He's 22 he's not a 16/17 year old with bags of room for growth as some seem to make out, granted it's a tough task to be upfront on his own etc

I like him he's a grafter and seems a great lad who has undeniably improved in the last year or so but for me personally he has a clearly visible ceiling that I don't think he'll brake it and go on to become good enough to lead our line olif we want to push on and we don't have the luxury of allowing him to "possibly" improve ala Anichebe

I think he's a great asset to have for the last 30/20 mins of games when legs are tired with his physicality and pace or a foil for a more rounded better partner 

There's to much rose tinted optimism towards some of the younger players (there not kids) at times when loyalty outweighs clear ability

Regarding the third paragraph, I think the other way around.

Because his finishing isn’t the best, I’d have him starting so he can wear out defences and maybe sub him around the 70m mark for a more gifted finisher against a tired defence. No point bringing on a player upfront who isn’t good at finishing for 20 mins imo

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Regarding the third paragraph, I think the other way around.

Because his finishing isn’t the best, I’d have him starting so he can wear out defences and maybe sub him around the 70m mark for a more gifted finisher against a tired defence. No point bringing on a player upfront who isn’t good at finishing for 20 mins imo

Again we don't have the luxury or full depth of quality in other areas to play a striker that's likely not to score it's not logical imo

He's quick and growing well physically he'd be great at bullying tired defender's other than that I can never see him being good enough to lead the line on his own 

Hope I'm wrong though 

4 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Again we don't have the luxury or full depth of quality in other areas to play a striker that's likely not to score it's not logical imo

He's quick and growing well physically he'd be great at bullying tired defender's other than that I can never see him being good enough to lead the line on his own 

Hope I'm wrong though 

See I think our attacking force is actually quite deep, and the limiting factor is someone to create the space. Between full backs, wingers and Gylfi, there’s a lot of goals potential 

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

See I think our attacking force is actually quite deep, and the limiting factor is someone to create the space. Between full backs, wingers and Gylfi, there’s a lot of goals potential 

Yeah true on paper we should bag a few but I do think a more rounded striker is a must this window and a winger/inside forward

8 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Yeah true on paper we should bag a few but I do think a more rounded striker is a must this window and a winger/inside forward

I’d prefer to give DCL a season, spend the money elsewhere and, if he fails to prove himself, go big money next summer 

1 hour ago, nutmegwolf203 said:

One of the most important things about this deal or any other for a striker is that DCL has competition for this season. It's crucial that he's really pushed at this point in his career. 

These 2 could make an excellent foil though, DCL works defenders hard for 70 mins brings the team into game then Kean comes on and punishes tired defence while we are sitting a bit deeper ( presuming we have controlled the game for 70 mins and got a goal or 2 lead )

8 hours ago, Btay said:

These 2 could make an excellent foil though, DCL works defenders hard for 70 mins brings the team into game then Kean comes on and punishes tired defence while we are sitting a bit deeper ( presuming we have controlled the game for 70 mins and got a goal or 2 lead )

Or play both of them up front and cause all kinds of problems for defenders. 

10 hours ago, Btay said:

Would never work

Your hoping by playing a player to tire legs out that the game is still winnable at that point, no side in the game uses a workhorse for 70 mins hoping the games still within distance to then bring on their better striker...... makes no sense whatsoever 

Goals win games 

11 minutes ago, barryj said:

Buyback is too low. I’d be interested to know when they can activate it and when it would expire. However at least if they take it up it means he been banging in the goals for us. 

What was Gerrys? They had two years to buy him back didnt they? Don't know if thats the norm or what.