IGNORED

James Tarkowski

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

IMG-20220701-WA0001.jpg

You already know how much this has upset me! 🤬

We’ll have our right back wearing 3 and our centre half wearing 2, and we sold Richarlison. Leighton Baines has still retired from playing. I never saw James Rodriguez play in the flesh. How am I meant to deal with this shit? 

14 minutes ago, StevO said:

You already know how much this has upset me! 🤬

We’ll have our right back wearing 3 and our centre half wearing 2, and we sold Richarlison. Leighton Baines has still retired from playing. I never saw James Rodriguez play in the flesh. How am I meant to deal with this shit? 

These are good I'm told.

I wasn't a massive fan of this transfer to start with, but now on reflection given how much we struggles at the back last season a good solid CB will do us no end of good next season.

Very experienced defender and Burnley where pretty tight at the back considering they went down (top half of the table based on goals conceded). A good solid transfer - I would say very low risk and potentially a high return on the pitch over the next two or three seasons.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I wasn't a massive fan of this transfer to start with, but now on reflection given how much we struggles at the back last season a good solid CB will do us no end of good next season.

Very experienced defender and Burnley where pretty tight at the back considering they went down (top half of the table based on goals conceded). A good solid transfer - I would say very low risk and potentially a high return on the pitch over the next two or three seasons.

He’s far better than anything we have right now.  He’s a step in the direction of jagielka, more aggressive and better in the air. May be slower across the deck but a leader. 

On 01/07/2022 at 13:04, SpartyBlue said:

Could be a million things. Maybe he is still on holiday. Maybe they are having lunch. Maybe it has something to do with the takeover. It really doesn’t matter as long as he’s in by the time training starts. Patience. 

He was away on a stag do not sure how long that went on 

Here is a smartscout comparison of Mina and Tarkowski. They both offer the same attacking threat (headers etc) but look at how much better Tarkowski is at disrupting play and winning back possession.

"It’s clear the former Burnley and Brentford man loves defending. He’ll head anything that moves (aerial duels quantity 99 out of 99), frequently make defensive actions (e.g. tackles, blocks, clearances) out of possession (disrupting opposition moves 69 out of 99), and is active in getting tight to his man (defending intensity 87 out of 99). 

On the ball, he has been used to playing long (progressive passing 95 out of 99) without too much regard for keeping possession"

E154C3A9-11FA-497C-BF61-2ADA57B7971F.jpeg

50CA268C-DECB-437E-9C1D-76ED228AE6FE.jpeg

4 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Here is a smartscout comparison of Mina and Tarkowski. They both offer the same attacking threat (headers etc) but look at how much better Tarkowski is at disrupting play and winning back possession.

"It’s clear the former Burnley and Brentford man loves defending. He’ll head anything that moves (aerial duels quantity 99 out of 99), frequently make defensive actions (e.g. tackles, blocks, clearances) out of possession (disrupting opposition moves 69 out of 99), and is active in getting tight to his man (defending intensity 87 out of 99). 

On the ball, he has been used to playing long (progressive passing 95 out of 99) without too much regard for keeping possession"

But but but he got relegated 

12 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I’ll just finish off the chart.

Shithousery and winding up opponents. 

Tarkowski.  16

Mina. 4,893,292

12 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

What Is the scale actually for here? Is it raw numbers, a % or just a rating like in FIFA? How does it compare to the league averages for a defender? This needs more context. 

10 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

What Is the scale actually for here? Is it raw numbers, a % or just a rating like in FIFA? How does it compare to the league averages for a defender? This needs more context. 

The scale is 0-99.  and it is based on the benchmark of all players in that position in a chosen league. 

The data is based on video from hundreds of football games every week, recording what happened, which players were involved, where it occurred on the field, and when. 

the analytics also accounts for minutes played and gives confidence levels for the data. statistically speaking anything over 950 minutes played has a high confidence level.

hope that helps.

5 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

The scale is 0-99.  and it is based on the benchmark of all players in that position in a chosen league. 

The data is based on video from hundreds of football games every week, recording what happened, which players were involved, where it occurred on the field, and when. 

the analytics also accounts for minutes played and gives confidence levels for the data. statistically speaking anything over 950 minutes played has a high confidence level.

hope that helps.

I'm curious now, 0-99 what? Rating? Percentage? Very vague. 

Can you share the site please? I had a look around but didn't find a page that looked like that. 

From everything I have seen Tarkowski's number are very good, he is first and second in some many Premier league defending stats. He was in a team that was relegated, but Burnley's goals conceded number's where in the top 10 in last seasons final league table - defense wise they where decent. Burnley where relegated because they struggled to score goals. In a team like Burnley who will have been on the back foot in most games, Tarkowski will have massive experience defending against the Premier leagues very best, and has been very good at it.

I have got a good feeling about his and will not be surprised to see him become a 'David Weir' type of signing for us - Didn't Weir arrive with us as a 29 year old? Could easily be a solid CB for us for the next 4-5 years and really help us get through this rough patch and allow our younger CB to develop.

10 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

hope that helps.

Thanks

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

From everything I have seen Tarkowski's number are very good, he is first and second in some many Premier league defending stats. He was in a team that was relegated, but Burnley's goals conceded number's where in the top 10 in last seasons final league table - defense wise they where decent. Burnley where relegated because they struggled to score goals. In a team like Burnley who will have been on the back foot in most games, Tarkowski will have massive experience defending against the Premier leagues very best, and has been very good at it.

I have got a good feeling about his and will not be surprised to see him become a 'David Weir' type of signing for us - Didn't Weir arrive with us as a 29 year old? Could easily be a solid CB for us for the next 4-5 years and really help us get through this rough patch and allow our younger CB to develop.

Out of interest, would you have said the same about Keane when we signed him who had similar numbers when he was at Burnley?

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Out of interest, would you have said the same about Keane when we signed him who had similar numbers when he was at Burnley?

I have got no idea what Keane 'numbers' were, but No, as Keane wasn't 29 at the time and had not got anywhere near the same seasoned experience or leadership qualities Tarkowski is coming in with. So Keane signing was nowhere near a potential 'Weir' type of signing.

Given our problems last season at the back and our financial issue - this is looking like the making of a astute signing. But Like any signing, only time will tell.