IGNORED

James Tarkowski

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread should be fucking booming after today, but his name isn't Michael fucking Keane so he's immune.

This fella is as much of a liability as Keane but he escapes criticism even though he has a mistake in him every single game.

Today he defended like a twat and had me feeling very nervous. It was no surprise that it was him at fault for their goal. I'm sure Nathan Patterson is getting most of the blame though because for some reason you can't say shit about our captain.

In the first half he almost cost us a goal with some braindead defending too letting Silva race in on goal. I lost my shit with the people that sit around me then because nobody was saying a word. So I said to them all if that had been Keane you lot would all be shouting abuse now, why you so quiet now? Not a fucking peep in response.

44 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

This thread should be fucking booming after today, but his name isn't Michael fucking Keane so he's immune.

This fella is as much of a liability as Keane but he escapes criticism even though he has a mistake in him every single game.

Today he defended like a twat and had me feeling very nervous. It was no surprise that it was him at fault for their goal. I'm sure Nathan Patterson is getting most of the blame though because for some reason you can't say shit about our captain.

In the first half he almost cost us a goal with some braindead defending too letting Silva race in on goal. I lost my shit with the people that sit around me then because nobody was saying a word. So I said to them all if that had been Keane you lot would all be shouting abuse now, why you so quiet now? Not a fucking peep in response.

Totally agree, however I’m glad we didn’t with Danjumas miss 1 on 1, we would all be crucifying Maupay ( rightly so of course) , and a hopeless lump up field from Branthwaite in first half, Keane would be booed off the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Totally agree, however I’m glad we didn’t with Danjumas miss 1 on 1, we would all be crucifying Maupay ( rightly so of course) , and a hopeless lump up field from Branthwaite in first half, Keane would be booed off the pitch.

It was an excellent save by Sa rather than a miss. 

Just now, Wiggytop said:

Difficult for me to see from my seat, I won’t dispute it, Leno made two excellent saves from Maupay, we slaughtered Maupay for it, the one time he didn’t really deserve it imo.

I said at the time I wasn't bothered about Maupay's missed opportunities in that game, Doucoure's and Patterson's were the ones.

5 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Difficult for me to see from my seat, I won’t dispute it, Leno made two excellent saves from Maupay, we slaughtered Maupay for it, the one time he didn’t really deserve it imo.

I was trying to explain to the kids around me that were slagging him off, if the keeper is on fire there's not much more you can do and both Sa and Leno had stormers. On their off days, we have 6 points instead of 0, no doubt in my mind. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I have said many times Tarks has a moment in him. Piss poor from him & I am also not surprised we conceded from an error of his. First half moment was poor but Pickford was on his heels - keepers ball all day however Tarks should never have let his man run off him like that.

If he is still at the club in 4 years time after consistently making stupid mistakes you’ll hear the same noise no doubt. 

9 hours ago, Btay said:

I have said many times Tarks has a moment in him. Piss poor from him & I am also not surprised we conceded from an error of his. First half moment was poor but Pickford was on his heels - keepers ball all day however Tarks should never have let his man run off him like that.

If he is still at the club in 4 years time after consistently making stupid mistakes you’ll hear the same noise no doubt. 

I agree about the Pickford incident, but like you say Tarkowski should make sure, not just wave it off.

On 26/08/2023 at 15:06, Matt said:

I was trying to explain to the kids around me that were slagging him off, if the keeper is on fire there's not much more you can do and both Sa and Leno had stormers. On their off days, we have 6 points instead of 0, no doubt in my mind. 

We seem to have a habit of coming up against "keepers on fire"...I recall the Leicester game last year and now two this year...perhaps we are making them look good? I know some of the saves have been worldies....but for some others, perhaps it is a bit of good keeping and average shooting. 

On 27/08/2023 at 00:45, Btay said:

If we get Tanganga Tarks might get benched. 

17 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

We seem to have a habit of coming up against "keepers on fire"...I recall the Leicester game last year and now two this year...perhaps we are making them look good? I know some of the saves have been worldies....but for some others, perhaps it is a bit of good keeping and average shooting. 

I'm hoping that's because we're predictably shit in front of goal and the new forwards will change that. 

I initially put the blame squarely on him for the goal at the weekend, but watching it back a few times you have to also really question Pickford.  By the time the Wolves player gets his head to it they're well inside the 6 and Pickford is on if not behind his line.  The cross was floated in from way out wide and he had more than enough time to come and deal with it.  

9 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

I initially put the blame squarely on him for the goal at the weekend, but watching it back a few times you have to also really question Pickford.  By the time the Wolves player gets his head to it they're well inside the 6 and Pickford is on if not behind his line.  The cross was floated in from way out wide and he had more than enough time to come and deal with it.  

He was only 3 yards when the ball hit him and went in, there was 3 mistakes leading up to the goal. 
1) Gana rushing out to press a ball 30yards in front of him before he got to the player with the ball he passed to the man Gana left on the edge of our area who floated it into the area.                                               2) Tarkowski who completely lost his man how and why only he knows, but from the reactions immediately after did he think he had left his man for Patterson to pick up, even though Patterson was already covering his man at the back post either way poor from Tarkowski.                                     3) As Chicago said Pickford should have been claiming that or at least punching it away but he stays on his line and gets beat from 3 yards by a ball floated in.