IGNORED

James Tarkowski

59 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

When you look at the fact that he had no protection of a contract and was putting himself on the line for Burnley after they rejected big bids for him - it shows the type of character he is. 

59 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

As wary as I am about signing him I'd still rather him than Mina simply because he'll be able to be on the pitch.

Absolutely, if you could get 30 games a season out of Mina I would prefer Yerry all day long, however I would take Tarkowski on the pitch over Mina in the stands 

Ive got a good feeling about this signing, especially on a free. We have been crying out for a no nonsense, reliable cab since the days of Jagielka

Presuming it’s a done done deal of cause , but it’s looking good

Nothing sexy about it but in terms of where we are as a club; fee, availability and ability this signing makes total sense.  

In a year when we look back at the 2022-23 season I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being our best defender.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The fact is, some fans would sooner sign a player who had a bit more supposed pedigree than a player who actually has good stats and defensive ability. 

I watched a lot of him in the run in, he pisses all over our current defenders. 

I don't think they'll like that 😊

14 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The author Sam stone had a downer on getting tarkowski… he’s calling it bad business cos he’s 29 and it’s a 4 year deal. 

it’s no way bad business…. He held all the cards, let’s say a 3 year deal was the most sensible, are we gonna lose out on a £40m centre half for nothing over an extra £5m in wages when in all honesty he will likely be a good option at 33?  Fuckin crazy.   

it’s pure snobbery, the lad defends - he wins headers, he puts his body in the way of shots, he tackles hard.  But yeah let’s get upset cos we don’t spend £30m like Villa on a player unproven in the prem who is similar age.   

59 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The author Sam stone had a downer on getting tarkowski… he’s calling it bad business cos he’s 29 and it’s a 4 year deal. 

it’s no way bad business…. He held all the cards, let’s say a 3 year deal was the most sensible, are we gonna lose out on a £40m centre half for nothing over an extra £5m in wages when in all honesty he will likely be a good option at 33?  Fuckin crazy.   

it’s pure snobbery, the lad defends - he wins headers, he puts his body in the way of shots, he tackles hard.  But yeah let’s get upset cos we don’t spend £30m like Villa on a player unproven in the prem who is similar age.   

I agree, he will be 33 when his contract finishes which is no age for a CB and it’s not like he is reliant on his pace anyway

Although I did think the same with Ashley Williams!

For me the fact he is on a free far outweighs the risk of being lumbered with a player past his sell buy date in this case

16 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I agree, he will be 33 when his contract finishes which is no age for a CB and it’s not like he is reliant on his pace anyway

Although I did think the same with Ashley Williams!

For me the fact he is on a free far outweighs the risk of being lumbered with a player past his sell buy date in this case

Ashley Williams seems to be the one player who’s name is appearing on twitter as a reason not to sign him.   Ashley Williams was actually a good signing for 9 months….  He essentially decided that he couldn’t be arsed anymore.  Crap character basically.

what I like about Tarkowski is that he had life changing transfer bids put in for him and Burnley rejected £35m which would have given him a juicy signing on fee and no doubt a double salary rise. He of course wanted the move.   Yet he didn’t spit the dummy out, he was literally a career ending injury away from losing millions and he still defended like a Trojan. I’m confident he will be a great signing. 

On 08/06/2022 at 06:38, Fosse Captain said:

Instantly improves the defence. 
Outstanding signing he isn’t but definitely a step in the right direction. 

Ship Mina and Keane out and defence probably isn’t that far off being solid and dependable…….. as much as our back line can be anyway!! 

Now for the midfield ……. 

I don’t think there is any way we bring one in and then both Mina and Keane leave. One will stay. Best partnership will be Tarkowski and Godfrey (Possibly Mina if he stays and is fit) with Holgate and Mina/Keane as cover. Branthwaite needs to be loaned and play. 

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I heard it was a 3 year deal with Everton having the option for an extra year if that's true it's an excellent deal.

22 hours ago, badaids said:

Nothing sexy about it but in terms of where we are as a club; fee, availability and ability this signing makes total sense.  

In a year when we look back at the 2022-23 season I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being our best defender.

Phil Neville was that age when we signed him and I think Gareth Barry older, both turned out very well.

What a difference a year makes haha. At this time last year if we had made this signing, most everyone would've been moaning about the fact that we've signed a 28 year old center half from Burnley.

Think it's a great signing considering our finances and trying to just get a little stability into the club

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

What a difference a year makes haha. At this time last year if we had made this signing, most everyone would've been moaning about the fact that we've signed a 28 year old center half from Burnley.

Think it's a great signing considering our finances and trying to just get a little stability into the club

Unless those people have seen him play, and like many of us, rate him highly. 

12 hours ago, Btay said:

Add Distin to that list, would love a defender like him back here.

I fucking wouldn't. I will never, ever forgive him for his fuck up at Wembley. Never.

Absolutely nowhere near being able to be listed alongside other older players we've signed that have been successes here.