IGNORED

Norwich (Home) Saturday November 23rd

markjazzbassist

Another winnable game here, we need to keep the momentum going.  Marco said he is pushing the medical staff to have Bernard fit and ready to play for this match, i'd love to see him come off the bench, we need his energy and ability.  I'd like to never see Morgan again, he was awful and offers us nothing more than a body out there.  I"d give Baines a shot, Digne looks beat and exhausted and has been off the mark.  Give him a rest before the holidays.  I want the 433 again, no more of this garbage 4231.  Tosun needs another run out give it to him.

Pickford

Sidibe Holgate Mina Baines

Delph

Davies    Gylfi 

Walcott      Tosun     Richarlison

I would be happy with that side. I thought Tosun did very well leading the line in that first half and I think he is more likely to open up a packed defence, not that Norwich's will be. DCL also came on and had an impact and I think that is a role he is more suited to in these type of games.

1st game of the season for me in the flesh. Cant wait. Daughter in tow too.

Oddly, her last game was Norwich in the league cup - think it was Bobby Martins time.

Goal-fest would be really nice but a win will do to keep us moving up the table. Awful run of fixtures to come - although sometimes that suits us.

Agree with keeping Tosun in - although not sure what DCL has done wrong to not start recently. Our injuries not all9wing for mych change in the line ups - Iwobi I guess could start.

Pickford

Sidibe Holgate Mina Baines

Delph

Davies    Gylfi 

Walcott      Tosun     Richarlison

I would rather play with Tosun and DCL together for this match. We need to utilize a system with two strikers which might come handy against weaker opponents or when we need to come from behind. Perhaps dropping Siggy or dropping Delph with Siggy utilizing more deeper role and fullbacks instructed to play more defensively for this particular match.

Pickford

Sidibe  Holgate  Mina  Baines

Davies   Gylfi

Walcott                          Richarlison

Tosun   DCL

Bernie could be back for this game. Think Cenk got a niggle in midweek so may not be risked.  

Pickford

sidibe.        Mina.     Holgate      Digne 

Davies.   Gilfi

walcott.             Iwobi.          Bernie

Charly 

13 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

To be fair like davies. They’ve both come in and done really well 

Along with Holgate who I never really thought had what it takes, and Sidibe, all 4 have taken their opportunities well. 
To be honest I  have generally stood by Walcott since he arrived here, but he can blow hot and cold, and as Gwlad said he plays for the badge. 

I have been one of walcotts biggest detractors.  I still think he’s Shit, but Marco played it right.  He benched him for a while for garbage performances and not tracking back.  Now when he was given a chance again due to injury he knew he had to take it and couldn’t coast anymore.  He’s still inconsistent and still misses plenty of sitters but he’s working hard and I can’t fault him for that.  Also with Bernie injured and kean not a winger we don’t have much else we can put out there

15 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Bernie could be back for this game. Think Cenk got a niggle in midweek so may not be risked.  

Pickford

sidibe.        Mina.     Holgate      Digne 

Davies.   Gilfi

walcott.             Iwobi.          Bernie

Charly 

Personally I wouldn’t rush Bernard. Quite happy to see the rest of the line up though, maybe with Richarlison wide and DCL up top if a Tosun isn’t fit.

Pickford

sidibe      Mina   Holgate     Digne

Gylfi        Davies    Iwobi

walcott              DCL         Richarlison

lets be brave, we will have most the ball so let’s have attack minded players on it, both their centre backs are not tall so DCL will be a threat. 

20 hours ago, Btay said:

Pickford

sidibe      Mina   Holgate     Digne

Gylfi        Davies    Iwobi

walcott              DCL         Richarlison

lets be brave, we will have most the ball so let’s have attack minded players on it, both their centre backs are not tall so DCL will be a threat. 

Agreed on having the ball but Davies isn't the guy I want as last man back for Norwich counters. Hate to say it but that's Schneiderlin's (ONLY) strength. Morgan for Iwobi, like the rest. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

No way they should be risked this close to the festive fixtures. Give them 7 more days to get it together before 9 games in 31 days. 

3 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Agreed on having the ball but Davies isn't the guy I want as last man back for Norwich counters. Hate to say it but that's Schneiderlin's (ONLY) strength. Morgan for Iwobi, like the rest. 

No way they should be risked this close to the festive fixtures. Give them 7 more days to get it together before 9 games in 31 days. 

Davies is under rated defensively in my opinion. Picks up a lot of loose ball, interceptions and makes his fair share of tackles.

8 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Silva has said he will be in the squad at least. Which means Tosun is probably not fit. If Bernie doesn’t make the squad then it’s Charly on the left iwobi and walcott. DCl or kean up top. 

I heard from a Turkish colleague that Cenk did something to his ankle on international duty so I doubt we’ll see him. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I heard from a Turkish colleague that Cenk did something to his ankle on international duty so I doubt we’ll see him. 

BBC Merseyside last night said he had recovered from a groin strain picked up on international duty, I think we should test him given the run of fixtures coming up, DCL and Moise more than capable for today.

On 12/11/2019 at 21:51, Cisk said:

1st game of the season for me in the flesh. Cant wait. Daughter in tow too.

Oddly, her last game was Norwich in the league cup - think it was Bobby Martins time.

Goal-fest would be really nice but a win will do to keep us moving up the table. Awful run of fixtures to come - although sometimes that suits us.

Agree with keeping Tosun in - although not sure what DCL has done wrong to not start recently. Our injuries not all9wing for mych change in the line ups - Iwobi I guess could start.

Our road trip begins, Park End here we come...