IGNORED

Chelsea (Home) Saturday December 7th

markjazzbassist

4 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

DCL doesn't press can't finish doesn't win headers to bring in other players useless 

Just got back and I read this. Totally clueless.

He absolutely bullies them all day. This is the difference when the team is set up to utilise a player like him.

Memmaclub, just read you next post after that hahaha brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Just got back and I read this. Totally clueless.

He absolutely bullies them all day. This is the difference when the team is set up to utilise a player like him.

Memmaclub, just read you next post after that hahaha brilliant. 

i'll be honest i am not a DCL fan he needs to do a lot more for me on other days but today he did perform and got the goals. If he goes on to have a 10-15 goal season I will be happy to eat my hat. I want him to succeed like any other player but my complaint has been he has had the chances to show what he can do and up until this season I don't think he has done it. As i said he if gets 10-15 goals this season I will stand corrected.

I also have to say it does show if a manager loses the dressing room it really is a lost cause. This was almost the same team from the derby and worlds apart on perfomance. I would give dunc 5 games see if he makes things better or worse. If better give him the season. Then make the decision on him at that point. If he can have that affect with just passion I can accept that. (Obviously unless we are in a relegation battle then fuck him off)

2 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

i'll be honest i am not a DCL fan he needs to do a lot more for me on other days but today he did perform and got the goals. If he goes on to have a 10-15 goal season I will be happy to eat my hat. I want him to succeed like any other player but my complaint has been he has had the chances to show what he can do and up until this season I don't think he has done it. As i said he if gets 10-15 goals this season I will stand corrected.

Strangly enough he's on for that. He's got 7 right now. 

27 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

DCL ran after everything yesterday, won most aerial challenges, and had someone playing alongside him to benefit, god knows why Marco never tried two up front.

I particularly love his first goal, wins the header, brings it down and slots it home, fantastic determination.

He started the move for the first too, good vision. If Richarlison hadn't been there it would’ve been a hat trick  

21 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

We go the game for days like that 💙 Unbelievable atmosphere at Goodison today that would have given us the advantage over any team, it makes sitting in the cold and seeing us lose to the likes of Norwich worth it to be a part of that crowd. All praise must go to Ferguson for getting the team that fired up and for ensuring that the crowd didn't stay quiet - the levels of grit, determination and passion carried us through that performance, especially when we could have crumbled at 2-1. 

We were starting to really tire and Chelsea were growing more and more into the game. Having two tired strikers would have ended in tears really so it made sense to take one of them off (Charlie the best option as he was on a yellow) and tighten up the midfield with an extra man. 

I get that Zoo I was there too and I must say it was a cracking atmosphere. I felt it was a strange sub as at the time As I thought he offered the most threat particularly as Chelsea were pushing on and a quick break was more likely. Also I felt DCLs legs had gone as he wasn’t chasing much. I couldn’t care less now we have a big 3 points! 😬

Great to see a proper performance... where technical competency can be inconsistent as you expect with low confidence - but effort and work rate is an absolute pre requisite from all 11 players. 

I've gone on and on about Everton players and all involved with the club operating with proper intensity, professionalism and honesty. I'd sooner have someone perform like DCL yesterday than a polished finisher who looks at his teammates asking for service. 

It took a manager who the players actually liked to get sacked to bring in a man with zero managerial experience but an ability to inspire to get some lazy overpaid primadonnas to do what they should always do. Shouldn't have taken that. 

Whilst I'm pleased at what I witnessed yesterday I'm also pissed off that these players have been rolled out week after week spouting the nonsense cliches where basically selling the fans short and trying to get away with it.  They never had Gana to cover the cracks of a laboured weak spirited core and didn't it show.  We were sleepwalking to relegation.

Sadly unless there is a huge culture shift in all areas of our club we will be soon seeing the mundane going through the motions performances from the usual suspects. We can't expect Duncan to maintain his adrenaline fuelled inspired kick arse antics for longer than a few games by which time the same players who will be probably aching for the first time on a sunday will revert back to type.

The club hasn't operated very well at all with the sacking of Silva.  If brands has been accountable for the fiascos that have gone on then he must go, but I think it's more moshiri and bill getting involved where they shouldn't which got us into this mess.  In which case, leave it all to brands. 

55 minutes ago, Hafnia2 said:

Great to see a proper performance... where technical competency can be inconsistent as you expect with low confidence - but effort and work rate is an absolute pre requisite from all 11 players. 

I've gone on and on about Everton players and all involved with the club operating with proper intensity, professionalism and honesty. I'd sooner have someone perform like DCL yesterday than a polished finisher who looks at his teammates asking for service. 

It took a manager who the players actually liked to get sacked to bring in a man with zero managerial experience but an ability to inspire to get some lazy overpaid primadonnas to do what they should always do. Shouldn't have taken that. 

Whilst I'm pleased at what I witnessed yesterday I'm also pissed off that these players have been rolled out week after week spouting the nonsense cliches where basically selling the fans short and trying to get away with it.  They never had Gana to cover the cracks of a laboured weak spirited core and didn't it show.  We were sleepwalking to relegation.

Sadly unless there is a huge culture shift in all areas of our club we will be soon seeing the mundane going through the motions performances from the usual suspects. We can't expect Duncan to maintain his adrenaline fuelled inspired kick arse antics for longer than a few games by which time the same players who will be probably aching for the first time on a sunday will revert back to type.

The club hasn't operated very well at all with the sacking of Silva.  If brands has been accountable for the fiascos that have gone on then he must go, but I think it's more moshiri and bill getting involved where they shouldn't which got us into this mess.  In which case, leave it all to brands. 

This has been my ongoing point in regards to Silva. Players have to be held accountable as much as the manager.

On 07/12/2019 at 16:40, MikeO said:

Another stat; most successful tackles made in a game by us in a decade (37).

Even without Gana at the club anymore! How is that possible :)

21 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

He is just a massive pain in the arse for defenders that aren't up for the physical challenge and it helps him when teams are attacking us as there is more space for him and he is generally isolated against one defender rather than two. Having Richarlison doing the same thing next to him helped do the same thing as well.

DCL's goals didn't come from any excellent technical play, they just came from putting pressure on the defender and making them make a mistake, and what he did best of all yesterday was that he was there to capitalise on it. His hard running and physical challenges throughout the game buttered the defenders up, caused panic and he made the most of those chances.

5 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I just hope this is the first of many similar performances until the end of the season. Even in the games we lose points, if we show the same spirit and determination, I'll be happy to cheer for Everton again.

Agree with this if they they can get that out of the players with dunc in charge I want him until the end of the season.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

It's still there, not deleted or blocked but I can merge the two if you like. Good to have you back Pete.

Cheers Mike. Yeah I can't access last one as I forgot password and my email address I logged under is deactivated. 

Merge them please and keep 'Hafnia"

Cheers!