IGNORED

Leon Bailey

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

We need our players to perform. We don’t need major signings.

We need a couple of strengtheners, but we don’t need a massive squad overhaul. A couple of first team players and suddenly were a different team.

Ok, we’re not going to be challenging for the top four, but I do find this fighting for relegation talk a bit ridiculous.

Other teams moving away from us for example. So a Leon Bailey for Grealish is a good swap? Of course it isn’t. Villa will be weaker for it. There’s a reason Man City are going for Grealish and not Bailey. Grealish is a top player, Bailey is a mid table player.

Except Villa are not just signing Bailey , they’ve already brought in Buendia, Ashley Young in addition to Bailey and are bidding for James Ward Prowse and I’m sure if they are armed with another £100m in the transfer warchest there will be more to follow

In my book that will make them considerably stronger 

Villa definitely mean business for next season - so another side battling to get in to that top six. They are going to be one of our direct rivals next season, so gutted to to Baily go there, was painful enough watching Buendia go there (though he would be a decent replacement for James!).

They must be thinking Grelish will be going this season (or next) and this is allowing them to spend, in the knowledge that +£100M will be coming there way sometime over the next 12 months. 

To be fair I haven’t been taking too much notice of other teams, so not sure how they have strengthened.

What I would say though, is they aren’t buying top four players. They are looking in the same markets as us. Although they are buying from that market, where we are just browsing!

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

To be fair I haven’t been taking too much notice of other teams, so not sure how they have strengthened.

What I would say though, is they aren’t buying top four players. They are looking in the same markets as us. Although they are buying from that market, where we are just browsing!

I browse in Poundland.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Kane didn't show for training so looks likely that he is pushing for a move.  Good on him, i wouldn't trust a single thing that snake Levy said.

Even many Spurs fans have sided with Kane on this.   Obviously you are gonna get loads calling him for all-sorts but he had an agreement with Levy..... Which clearly doesn't count for much. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Even many Spurs fans have sided with Kane on this.   Obviously you are gonna get loads calling him for all-sorts but he had an agreement with Levy..... Which clearly doesn't count for much. 

and they should, he's been a model citizen and just wants some silverware at his age, i don't blame him.

4 hours ago, Bill said:

City may pull out of any deal if they sign Grealish, which is looking very likely.

yeah i'm wondering if they can afford both of them as well, 200m in addition to what i'm asssuming will be other additions?  anyone big being sold by them?

25 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

and they should, he's been a model citizen and just wants some silverware at his age, i don't blame him.

yeah i'm wondering if they can afford both of them as well, 200m in addition to what i'm asssuming will be other additions?  anyone big being sold by them?

They have not spent that big over the last 2 years, and have lost quite a bit with players leaving.

Their revenue is immense. 

13 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Its not a matter of whether they can afford him, it's whether they can avoid a fine. Buy even then that's irrelevant. The fine will fall on a different area of the books or can be balanced out by a new sponsorship.