IGNORED

Salford City (cup) Wednesday 16/9/20

Btay

2 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

If Rom's first touch was dreadful Kean's is atrocious. Complete cinder blocks. As someone mentioned stop trying to get his back to goal and let him loose out in the wide areas to run at defenders. Rom ended up being great for us with headers and inside 12 yards. That's where Kean will succeed, not as a hold up striker. 

Now you've done it. 

Poor 1st half IMO against 4th tier team. Main thing for me is Jarrads injury, although non contact and bad news for him,   is why we should give the new signings a rest after so little pre season, to lose one of them so early in a game would be awful where squad rotation should be easily enough to win.

Need a 2nd to ease the pressure 

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

It’s totally comfortable.  They were in our half maybe 3 times? One shot straight at goal and the other skied.  They are sat in their half.  If they tried to open up we would be killling them.  I’m not worried in the least.  We will get another and kill it off soon.

A 1-0 lead is never comfortable. It literally only takes one moment for a team to score. 

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

It’s totally comfortable.  They were in our half maybe 3 times? One shot straight at goal and the other skied.  They are sat in their half.  If they tried to open up we would be killling them.  I’m not worried in the least.  We will get another and kill it off soon.

I must say I agree with this, think some people are jumping the gun a little hinting that we're struggling etc. Virginia has had to make one save and it was one that you'd expect him to make in his sleep. I'd have preferred a second goal to properly relax in the second 45 but whilst I'll admit we're not rampant we're nowhere near on the back foot. 

Very, very comfortable with just a goal needed to book a ticket to Fleetwood.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Just to put perspective on this.... Gylfi and Walcott's wages for one week would probably pay Salford's entire team for the season. 

21 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I must say I agree with this, think some people are jumping the gun a little hinting that we're struggling etc. Virginia has had to make one save and it was one that you'd expect him to make in his sleep. I'd have preferred a second goal to properly relax in the second 45 but whilst I'll admit we're not rampant we're nowhere near on the back foot. 

Would you change your mind if they scored and tied the game? I obviously don't want them to, but we should be putting them away.

3 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

We will win it.... That's not in question. The issue is we should be battering this side.  

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

Don’t care win is a win in a cup.  Doesn’t matter if you beat man city or salford, you advance the same.

Of course it matters. Carlo is challenging these players to make a stake for the first team.....  When you have 4 players in a side trying and the rest strolling then it tells you why these players had us looking like relegation candidates.....  In short these players are part of the reason why our club has had a culture issue. 

Would happily make love to that cross from Sigurdsson, A* delivery that should have been converted to be honest. Gutted (again) that Kean wasn't able to hit the back of the net, and inch lower and we'd be sitting at 2-0.

Disagree too @Hafnia, with all due respect think you're looking to be negative for negatives sake. We're cruising, albeit at 1-0. Doesn't matter where Salford play, how much they earn or how many dinnerladies they have on a match-day, you beat what's in front of you and we're doing that in first gear.

7 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Would happily make love to that cross from Sigurdsson, A* delivery that should have been converted to be honest. Gutted (again) that Kean wasn't able to hit the back of the net, and inch lower and we'd be sitting at 2-0.

Disagree too @Hafnia, with all due respect think you're looking to be negative for negatives sake. We're cruising, albeit at 1-0. Doesn't matter where Salford play, how much they earn or how many dinnerladies they have on a match-day, you beat what's in front of you and we're doing that in first gear.

Let's be clear..... This is utter dogshit.   Salford arent even fit.... They've been training alone for months. 

They have had chances to score, we are losing the ball sloppily. Not comfortable at all. Making a meal of it. 

5 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Kean for Charlie now please, 30 minutes won't fatigue anyone and I'd prefer to be sitting at 2-0 with 30 minutes to go. It'd also allow Richie to tweak his shooting boots (which were badly missing against Spurs) for the West Brom game at the weekend. 

That doesn't sound like tactics that indicates we are comfortable zoo.