• Alex Iwobi
    • Allan
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • James Rodríguez
    • Richarlison
    • Tom Davies
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson

Current Player of the Season standings....
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...55
Allan...41
James Rodríguez...39
Niels Nkounkou...34
Abdoulaye Doucouré...21
Yerry Mina...20
Jordan Pickford...20
Michael Keane...17
Séamus Coleman...16
Anthony Gordon...12
Robin Olsen...10
Bernard...9
Gylfi Sigurðsson...8
Lucas Digne...8
Richarlison...7
André Gomes...7
Alex Iwobi...4
Tom Davies...2

Previous MOTM winners...
Manchester United (H)*...Allan
Newcastle (A)*...Robin Olsen
Southampton (A)*...Allan
Liverpool (H)*...Michael Keane
Brighton (H)*...Yerry Mina
Wat Ham (H Cup)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Crystal Palace (A)*...James Rodríguez
Fleetwood (A)*...Niels Nkounkou
West Brom (H)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Salford (H)*...Niels Nkounkou
Tottenham (A)*...Jordan Pickford

*Behind closed doors

Dom - as said, those fouls he won high up the pitch were so important and just took the pressure off in a shocking 2nd half performance. Probably would have gone with Digne but for his mistake at 3-1 and Iwobi on 1st half alone but DCL overall. Thought Allan and Doucoure were very good but we’re still missing that 3rd midfielder to compliment them as we need to score 3 goals each game at the mo to win. We need a bit of luck with Gbamin’s ‘return’.

Iwobi. Couldn't ask more of him first half, just before the second goal I thought he's having a good game and just as I thought that he ran past three players, he was bossing it. Second half done his job which can't be said of the others inviting pressure. Iwobi seemed the only one comfortable to play it out with purpose.

DCL was great at getting in position and being a menace, the goals were the cherry on top. No doubt Ferguson will be proud going through the video analysis with him next week. He was perfect first half but didn't get to see the ball much second half (not his fault). Couple of times he didn't see a runner would be my only criticism, especially the one at the end to kill the game.

Allan and Doucoure were great battling away defensively. But both were fucked over by the lack of help from James, with Allen suffering the most, looking fatigued and not being able to help as much getting forward as game went on.

James needed a kick up the arse at half time and should have been subbed sooner. First half when we didn't have possession he'd wonder up the pitch making the whole team have to shift as he'd left a free man for the opposition, Allen and Doucoure were like mad men putting out the fires. 

Mina stood up to the onslaught and carried the other two. No idea why he's getting the moans and there's little noise in the other two.

Digne and Godfrey frightened the life out of me second half, every time they got near either of them I was worried. First half I don't see why he was even on the pitch, felt like Iwobi done everything for him. Second half he just wasn't soaking up the pressure well enough, lacked conviction in his passing and tackling. Possibly just not settled and lacking confidence but he's really not had a great start. 

Keane at fault yet again getting the basics wrong. Positionally he is the worst centre half I've seen at the club. 

Richarlison's work ethic was faultless but he really needs to find the net more. Hopefully he'll go on a run soon. 

Pickford. Nothing he could do about the goals. Didn't have anything else to deal with which just makes it sad that people are still trying to find something to pick on him about with the slice. Be honest would you moan if any other keeper done that? Get behind the lad he's a very good keeper.

Davies came on and done more for the team in 20 minutes than James did in 70. Really helped us with possession getting hold of the ball giving his teammates a breather. Only issue was they were that shattered they couldn't help him push forward. 

Couldn't tell you what Gylfi offered other than wasting a few seconds but then followed that with a very poor corner.

A few stand out performances I'd say.

Iwobi - really made his mark in this game looked a lot more decisive with the ball and did well getting the ball into dangerous spots a few times, always looked a threat in the first half and the run for our (2nd or 3rd?) was fantastic.  Second half he struggled to get forward like everyone but did his job defending well for the most part.  I'd definitely like to see him given another go n that role.

Digne - perhaps benefited from the 3 centre backs also as well as the quality of Richarilson in front of him but really attacked with a lot of freedom in the first half, such a good player and rarely wastes a chance when presented with space to put the ball across the box.

Doucoure - I wouldn't say I noticed him all the time but he did a hell of a lot, more passes than anyone, 6 interceptions, gets about everywhere and chipped in with a nice (if very unchallenged) headed goal.  Really saw the value in him here.

Allan - As usual Allan got about breaking everything up.  Though Fulham had a lot of the ball in the second half we generally held a solid line and the 2 in front of the defence contantly stopped much of any real threat happening.  

I've given it to DCL though, not just for the 2 goals which was his now usual quality 1 touch finish in the right place at the right time but for his link up play in the first half and his real lone forwards hold up in the second.  We did nothing going forward but he won us a few fouls, did his best with the scraps that we had and really lead the line well throughout.  He's really starting to show that he's the all round real deal up front.

18 hours ago, c1982 said:

Dom - as said, those fouls he won high up the pitch were so important and just took the pressure off in a shocking 2nd half performance. Probably would have gone with Digne but for his mistake at 3-1 and Iwobi on 1st half alone but DCL overall. Thought Allan and Doucoure were very good but we’re still missing that 3rd midfielder to compliment them as we need to score 3 goals each game at the mo to win. We need a bit of luck with Gbamin’s ‘return’.

For me it's alarming how little protection the defence are getting even with those two, Allan and Doucoure. Teams are free to receive the ball in too much space in front of our defence for my liking. Doucoure completely lets Reid go for their equaliser.

DCL is my MOTM too.

I was really please to see Iwobi have a good game - one of his best in a blue shirt. What I like is that Iwobi does look to move the ball forward, he is a talented player - I would like to see him get a decent run in the side - Given his age he is definitely be a player I could see developing into part of the furniture in this team (has the talent to do good things in our team but not be quite good enough to have the big boys chasing his signature). He is a player who can be very influential in the build up to a goal being a pass or two ahead of the goal assist. I really want to see him develop at the club. I am hoping a decent run this next couple of months will show us the really Iwobi.