IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

On 10/04/2023 at 14:49, Goodison Glory said:

Which contract...with us? It was a 3yr contract so I hope we are not paying him off unless that involves some sort of mutual contract cancellation resulting in a much lower payment.

If we dont want him as part of the club, it may be our only choice. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

If we dont want him as part of the club, it may be our only choice. 

I think it would still be better to send him away from the club (gardening leave etc) that way we don't an accelerated expense (£5m ??) that was not forecast.

Unless it's a negotiated pay off the cost is the same so makes sense to spread the cost. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Heath said:

I hope Dele Alli comes back to us full of fight and a desire to get his career moving again. He'll get a chance with Everton, but he has to do his part.

To be honest Heath he can’t stay here even if he turned his game around, we couldn’t afford to pay the 40 whatever million we would owe Spurs if he was to hit the games target to trigger the payment. 

21 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Serious note.

We've already paid an amount for him. It’s gone. How much would it take to buy a new player? How much EXTRA would we need to pay if he hit the next goalpost? 

Is it worth giving him a pre season with Dyche and seeing what he has to offer?

Absolutely, he might shine in the Championship 

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Absolutely, he might shine in the Championship 

As far as I know we haven't paid anything for him it all depends on the amount of games he plays for us which apparently is 20 and we pay 40m for him which will never happen.

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

If that’s true and we made absolutely anything on the loan….. then that shines our club in such a different light.

Means we’ve made money from nothing! Genius.

Not sure there was a loan fee involved and we had to pay part of his wages.

It was just to get him off the books.

2 hours ago, patto said:

As far as I know we haven't paid anything for him it all depends on the amount of games he plays for us which apparently is 20 and we pay 40m for him which will never happen.

You think we pay £40m if he plays 20 games? 😂

There is no scenario where we end up paying £40m. 
It’s an incentive based deal, so for us to start paying money for him he has to play games and we have to win things and/or get into Europe. 
If he plays 20 games we might have to pay £5-10m but £40m is and always was media bollocks. 

Feel like everyone in this thread is either a troll or hasn't read the thread.

His focus should be on recovery before football.  IF he is ready to play football next year, think the best we can hope for as a club is that he gets a loan to see out the last year of his contract.  He needs time and support to recover his career and not sure we should be the ones to give him that.  We have our own massive issues to address.  Just another poor transfer to add to a growing list of them by this club.

4 hours ago, StevO said:

It’s an incentive based deal, so for us to start paying money for him he has to play games and we have to win things and/or get into Europe. 
If he plays 20 games we might have to pay £5-10m but £40m is and always was media bollocks. 

Can you post the deal or the details of the deal please Steve, so we can all see for ourselves how the deal was ironed out. Cheers mate 👍

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Either way he’s a shot player he should retire for a spell then maybe try again later he’s still young

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Can you post the deal or the details of the deal please Steve, so we can all see for ourselves how the deal was ironed out. Cheers mate 👍

I don’t know all the deals, but it is a 100% fact that the £40m rubbish that was being thrown around was made up. 
He was a free transfer with various incentives, the only one that’s public is a payment after 20 premier league games. With no publicly known value. 

As fucked up as this club is, and as stupid as our execs are, they didn’t bring in a player with a £40m clause after 20 games. 

30 minutes ago, StevO said:

I don’t know all the deals, but it is a 100% fact that the £40m rubbish that was being thrown around was made up. 
He was a free transfer with various incentives, the only one that’s public is a payment after 20 premier league games. With no publicly known value. 

As fucked up as this club is, and as stupid as our execs are, they didn’t bring in a player with a £40m clause after 20 games. 

There was a figure of 10 million being banned about, whether that was a correct figure for the first trigger payment I’ve no idea or whether it was guesswork I have no idea, but what ever the real figure I don’t believe it will be cheap. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

There was a figure of 10 million being banned about, whether that was a correct figure for the first trigger payment I’ve no idea or whether it was guesswork I have no idea, but what ever the real figure I don’t believe it will be cheap. 

I’d say £10m would probably be close, it would be enough to suit both parties with little risk. 

What I read when he signed was that it was 10m after 20 appearances - he couldn't do that in year one as we only had 17-18 games left - hence it was free that year.

the details from 10M to 40M were much more secretive but I read that it was something ridiculous like 80+ games. 

I think he's played less than 15 games for us....so all we've paid so far is wages (which aren't cheap admittedly)