IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

22 hours ago, c1982 said:

Incredibly bargain thinking if Dyche could get him ‘back on it’ as StevO said - Alli ‘back on it’ is world class - won’t happen but as @StevO  said, “Wishful thinking.”

This needs be to moved. 😂

If he came back, maybe Dyche is the one who could finally get a tune out of Alli. But it would be an expensive mistake.

He's not doing himself any favours, but I fail to see what the Basiktas manager has to gain by going public before he's had a chance to iron things out with Delli, and understand what problems there might be football or personal or otherwise. As much as I don't rate him a player at this moment in time career wise, I hope he's safe and well and no harm comes to him. 

Agree with the concern/sentiment for Dele. However the manner in which the club (Besiktas) handled that seems appalling to me.

I have to consider the language barrier and possible translation issues but the comment about "It's raining so that is probably why we can't find him" seems a bit sarcastic. Perhaps it was genuine concern, given what they just went through as a country, however it didn't come across that way to me.

If we're stuck with him next season for his last year of his contract, does anyone know the financial ramifications of him playing a bit part here and there? I know his fee with Tottenham was structured on appearances but was that only for the first period of time? I doubt he will even set foot on the pitch but if we're fucked with a transfer embargo then we probably need to use everyone available 😭

• 2 weeks later...

He is unfortunately a spent force and would be a negative influence within the team. I was hoping that we would have paid his contract up next season when he arrived back from Turkey, thinking it would have cost us 5.2 million now if reports are true that could be 10.4 million, we probably won’t be able to afford to pay his contract up. It’s been a absolute car crash of a signing and to bring him back and try to integrate him back in squad wouldn’t be the cleverest thing to do, possibly on 200k a week and never tried even in training what’s that say to players who have worked their nuts off for half that money. Keep him away we are not in a position to have someone back who more than likely will cause unrest. 

13 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Which contract...with us? It was a 3yr contract so I hope we are not paying him off unless that involves some sort of mutual contract cancellation resulting in a much lower payment.

He signed the 1 Feb 22 on a 2.5 year contract it doesn’t run out until the 1 July 24, so my understanding we pay him up and hope he takes a reduced amount making him a free agent, or we pay him to hang around and hope someone takes him on loan to offset some of his salary. Either way all the cards appear to be in his hands unless of course we can turn him back into a player good enough to wear the shirt, but big gamble to bring him back into the squad to rock the apple cart with a half hearted attitude. 

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/04/11/everton-news-home-secretary-suella-braverman-wants-new-laws-after-dele-alli-scandal/

Fucking disgracefully. No wonder he can't cut it as a professional. Any other job and you'd be sacked.

You would think there would be some clause in contracts to terminate employment if a player goes about abusing themselves in this way. After all we are paying millions a year for that mind and body to perform at the very highest level.

There was all sorts of talk of Alli being fond of substances before we signed him -  being one of the reasons he struggling as a player. Surly it was more widely know in footballing circles. 

After years of shit signings, the club do the very same thing last January.

Failed at Everton, failed in Turkey, sucking on a balloon - no club as going to go near him, so we are well and truly stuck with the waster.