IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

Another full season left on his contract..

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/besiktas-confirm-dele-alli-transfer-27086477?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

He's on £100k a week.

If we have to have him for a full season doing sweet FA and paying him that this just shows how badly managed we've been! 

“Our contract with Dele Alli is over. He was a player we were very excited about when he came. He won’t come back. We didn’t get what we expected from him. I hope he recovers as a human.”

Actually feel for the guy, mental health issues are obviously hard to recover from, but for it to be plastered over shitrags every day must destroy you. 

On the other hand, if he knows he's not up for it anymore then he's just knowingly stealing £5.2m from us over the next 12 months knowing he'll never have to kick a ball...

I'm completely with you on the hunan element. I hope he is getting all the help and support the club can offer. 

It's the board/management I'm upset with. To have picked up Dele on the deal we did, we must have known some of the issues in play when we made the deal. This was never a risk worth taking. If we have no out whatsoever and we have a player who isn't in a fit state to play but we are obligated to pay £100k a week then the situation has been completely mismanaged. This was an outcome that we were never in a financial state to take a risk on.

As much as I hope Dele is okay, mental health isn't an excuse for a poor attitude. I wonder if anyone will risk a loan move this window for him, because for sure nobody is offering him a contract.

Another season patiently waiting for more player's contracts to expire.

He is already our player. We don’t have to pay anymore money u less he gets into the team ( other than wages).

If he does get into the team we then have to pay a percentage of the full transfer. Which is still cheaper than buying a new player. 

If he ends up costing us a lot of money…. That simply means it has been worth it.

15 hours ago, Matt said:

It actually very much is

Yeah to be fair if I tipped up in a Bentley and ridiculous clothing on my first day at work and then gave absolutely nothing to my employer, everyone would sympathise with me.

I don't want to sound brutal, but dele appeared to not give two shits when he signed with us. Its possible to struggle with mental health and still at least pretend you care about something.

Regardless of the rumours about his mental health, he has a poor attitude.

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Yeah to be fair if I tipped up in a Bentley and ridiculous clothing on my first day at work and then gave absolutely nothing to my employer, everyone would sympathise with me.

I don't want to sound brutal, but dele appeared to not give two shits when he signed with us. Its possible to struggle with mental health and still at least pretend you care about something.

Do you know what depression is? 

12 hours ago, Aidan said:

It was a Rolls Royce!! 🤬

And it also wasn’t true. He turned up in a people carrier. 

Also can’t believe his clothing and his car somehow show how much he cares. I wore a cap, some baggy shorts and trainers at a 30th birthday party yesterday, I hope my mate Ben didn’t think I don’t give a shit about him. He’ll appreciate me leaving the Ferrari at home though. 

14 minutes ago, StevO said:

It was a Rolls Royce!! 🤬

And it also wasn’t true. He turned up in a people carrier. 

And even if it was true why does it matter that he turned up to training in the car THAT HE OWNS?!

It's not like he'd stolen it or that our other players don't have expensive cars that we could only dream of owning.

12 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

I have sympathy with Dele and know how debilitating mental health problems are but I do question the due diligence that was done before signing him.

I think we did. One of Lampards best qualities is charisma, I imagine the thought was his blind positivity would reignight the spark in Dele. It was a gamble that's not paid off and, looking at Dele, I'm not sure anyone will get that Dele back. He looks physically ill all the time and far older than his age. He needs a rehab/support centre for a period rather than this shuffling him around like a toxic potato. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

And even if it was true why does it matter that he turned up to training in the car THAT HE OWNS?!

It's not like he'd stolen it or that our other players don't have expensive cars that we could only dream of owning.

Remember the video of the kid meeting Pickford and then having a kick about with a few of the other players? That kid asks them what they drive and Pickford says “Lamborghini” and the other players all go “ooooh” and start laughing at him like he’s some kind of show off. None of them genuinely seemed arsed though, as every single one of them could have one if they wanted. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Whatever is up with him I think it’s quite serious as I think he is unhappy. If it is a sort of addiction to sleeping tablets etc then I hope he gets help. Football could be the thing to help him. 

It possible could be the thing to help him, but not from us we have already been down that route with him, let’s not forget that we are a business and at this moment in time and for the near to mid term future a very poor business with huge financial problems. The sort of long term help he requires can’t come from us we are not in a good position personnel wise or financially wise and he will just be a distraction that will serve himself and the club no good. It’s time for a massive reality check when it comes to Ali and football isn’t the answer 5 years or so and countless managers have shown that, I think it’s time that he stepped out of football and away from the microscope and totally focused on himself with the help of the right people. 

Would love to see him come through and perform for us.

Talent doesn’t just disappear, motivation may, but not talent. 

Dyche could be the person that can turn him around. Having been around serious mental health problems myself, I know that it only takes one person to be able to help and turn someone around. Dyche may be that person.

The club don’t have much to lose trying. It won’t take up much resources and it could be ideal for both parties.

Risk v reward for me.

anyone know if friendlies count towards his games played?

If not I'd like to see Dyche see what he thinks during preseason, spending time with him and seeing how he performs and what his mentality seems like.

Only if he's happy with what he's seeing from him should we get him playing.

I do think we are lacking a good central attacking midfielder like him.  Where we are lacking goals we have 3 midfield players, none of whom are really creative/attack minded players.  It would be good to see us get that better balance in our midfield and that's the area we're missing.

1 hour ago, FairWooney said:

I do think we are lacking a good central attacking midfielder like him.  Where we are lacking goals we have 3 midfield players, none of whom are really creative/attack minded players.

A major part of our goal-scoring problem is that we have several attack minded midfielders, but none of whom has thus far shown any consistency whatsoever in being able to kick the ball straight toward the goal.

And in Gana’s case, we have a DCM who wants to be an ACM, and so is also attack minded, but who also can’t kick it straight.

The central image I have from all our attacking midfielders is — hands on head, shocked look of disbelief that they’d missed what should have been a pretty easy shot.  And the second image I have is them failing to get in the box for a cross.