IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

"Besiktas will pick up a substantial chunk of the 26-year-old’s wages, paying a guaranteed wage of €2.2million, with a maximum of €10,000 per match, depending on the time and competition of each match. Everton will also avoid having to fork out a £10million fee, as Dele falls seven appearances short of triggering the 20-match payment threshold agreed with Tottenham.

Although Spurs are entitled to a decent percentage of any profit Everton make on the midfielder, there is still a sizeable saving being made on a player no longer deemed essential at Goodison"

-------------

2.2M is equivalent to around 40 grand per week. Not sure how much he was earning but 40 grand has to be around half I'd have thought. But to me this move is more about us not wanting to trigger the 10M to Spurs given he was not going to be a regular starter / can't have 15-20 min cameos triggering the fee. 

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Just very sad on so many levels this, players quite often fail to live up to expectation/hype but I'm struggling to recall such a dramatic fall from grace. Plainly the problem is between his ears and I have great sympathy for him in that regard, but what a waste.

Agreed.

It’s a shame he’s fallen so far off his best, however I will always be thankful for his 45 mins against Palace.

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

Agree. He looks far too old in his face for a young man. Hopefully the media will leave him alone and having the spotlight off him will give him time to recover. 

It’s odd isn’t it, like a puffiness and tiredness around the eyes. Hope the lad finds his peace 

On 25/08/2022 at 23:50, MikeO said:

Just very sad on so many levels this, players quite often fail to live up to expectation/hype but I'm struggling to recall such a dramatic fall from grace. Plainly the problem is between his ears and I have great sympathy for him in that regard, but what a waste.

yeah, that is why Besiktas is the perfect place for him. we like mental, old "wonderkid" prospects very much and giving them chances :D

maybe he shines here in Turkey, let's see. 

Well, Turkish league is garbage but sometimes getting away from your comfort zone or going to a place where you worse is the best for that community may bring your self-confidence back. To be honest, I don't think Besiktas can match-up his buy-out price so probably he'll back. So, it can work out for Everton if he focuses on his job, otherwise he'll be a garbage as he is now, nothing to win, nothing to lose.

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

Am I missing something here can someone post the evidence that it’s a mental health issue that has.caused his football to become substandard in the last 4 years, because I’ve seen nothing, 

Thing with poor mental health is, people don't open up about it willingly. There's been massive progress in trying to encourage it and destigmatize it but at the end of the day, it's down to the individual to open up, which is grimly ironic because if you're in that place you don't want to accept it yourself, let alone broadcast it. 

Just look at his eyes and complexion. If he was out on the town all the time, the papers would be all over it. Something isn't right for him.

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Am I missing something here can someone post the evidence that it’s a mental health issue that has.caused his football to become substandard in the last 4 years, because I’ve seen nothing, 

What else would you think? Maybe not a mental health issues as such, but surely it’s something mental/emotional, or in between the ears as some put it. But you can’t see these things, so how would you? 

It’s not physical, because the lad is fit as a fiddle. 
Can’t be poor coaching, he’s had some of the best. 

34 minutes ago, StevO said:

What else would you think? Maybe not a mental health issues as such, but surely it’s something mental/emotional, or in between the ears as some put it. But you can’t see these things, so how would you? 

It’s not physical, because the lad is fit as a fiddle. 
Can’t be poor coaching, he’s had some of the best. 

Having read Lampard’s honest interview where he completely opens up on Dele in particular in training time, he criticises the player and his attitude in the most frank and honest way, surely not something you would do in public if you thought someone had serious mental health issues, I don’t know I’m not a psychiatrist so googled and that would appear correct. Why if someone can’t be arsed does it always have to be a mental health issue why can’t it just be that it’s just not that important enough to him anymore to want to put the effort in anymore, we are all different and there is not one formula that fit's all. 

he doesn’t have family as he spent time in different countries when his parents split up, and seemingly no longer speaks to his mum.  He changed the name on his shirt as he no longer wishes to be known as Alli, he lived with adoptive parents. This was all pretty recent. 

he has some emotional baggage and has done work for mental health charities. There were very strong rumours that he was addicted to computer games and has issues with sleeping tablets. 

all I can go on is his eyes, something not right.  Looks dead behind them, no sparkle. 

We all know that there’s something not right, I just hope Dele is happy. 

When I was younger I quit an amazing job and career that I had to work so hard to earn. After a few years doing it I realised that though I loved the journey to get there, actually doing the job made me miserable; I hated it and I knew I had to leave.

So I quit and moved abroad doing far less well paid and boring jobs. But I was happy again.

So I sympathise with Dele and hope he finds his voice.

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

The opposition he scored against (bottom of the league) were probably on par with the goals he scored vs. Blackpool I think it was. I exaggerate but let's not read too much into him scoring against bottom of the Turkish league.

For his sake, small steps!

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

MoM performance on his first appearance, goal on his second. 
Im just happy for him.

I agree. Really he hope he can get back to enjoying his football

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...