IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

18 hours ago, Matt said:

I wish I still had my faith, I was a lot happier when I did. But that's not something that can be switched off and on either unfortunately.

I often feel jealous of people who have faith and the strength that people draw from it.  I’ve noticed a lot of my friends and workmates turning to religion as we get older. But I the bottom line is that I just don’t believe in any of it.

I’m lucky enough to have never had real mental health issues, but I have always had faith in myself. A friend once told me the best piece of advice I ever had: ‘If you think your life is bad then change it’.  And I found out you really can with resolve. Whenever I’ve had dark moments, and I had one in the epidemic, I resolved to set some targets and then toil to hit them. I lost a stone and a half through exercise, learned to play the piano and reinvested myself in work. But it’s hard work.

I’ve said before on here that I’m out of work and a home shortly, so I’m going to have to dig deep and find something, anything, to keep a roof over us and food. I should feel a lot more stress about that than I do, but I’m 100% sure something will come up if I graft at it. Another type of faith I guess.

Anyway - hope Dele can have the faith to get back to his best.

2 hours ago, badaids said:

I often feel jealous of people who have faith and the strength that people draw from it.  I’ve noticed a lot of my friends and workmates turning to religion as we get older. But I the bottom line is that I just don’t believe in any of it.

I’m lucky enough to have never had real mental health issues, but I have always had faith in myself. A friend once told me the best piece of advice I ever had: ‘If you think your life is bad then change it’.  And I found out you really can with resolve. Whenever I’ve had dark moments, and I had one in the epidemic, I resolved to set some targets and then toil to hit them. I lost a stone and a half through exercise, learned to play the piano and reinvested myself in work. But it’s hard work.

I’ve said before on here that I’m out of work and a home shortly, so I’m going to have to dig deep and find something, anything, to keep a roof over us and food. I should feel a lot more stress about that than I do, but I’m 100% sure something will come up if I graft at it. Another type of faith I guess.

I hope you sort them job and home situation mate. I can’t imagine being in that position, the pressure would eat me alive. Good on you for being strong mate. 

3 hours ago, badaids said:

I only know you from the forum but you are a determined person and hard work and determination are great assets, stay strong and there are lots of people and groups out there who can help. You have allot going on and sometimes that's where God / faith finds an opening. I wish you all the best mate and will pray for you and others in the same position.

6 hours ago, badaids said:

Keeping a positive attitude is hard but important in dealing with the shit that life throws at us, I hope that things will work out well for you.

I’m not a religious person in any shape or form, but I’ve no issues with anyone who id, as long as they don’t force it on me, I make my choice, you make yours and respect each other’s.

6 hours ago, badaids said:

I really hope your positive thinking solves the situation you find yourself in.

I for one will be very surprised if we end up paying the reputed £40m he could cost us if he completes the required appearances, there was nothing to show he had kicked on yesterday from his 2nd half on Thursday which was adequate but not above average. I personally think he will be moving on in next Jans transfer window. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I for one will be very surprised if we end up paying the reputed £40m he could cost us if he completes the required appearances, there was nothing to show he had kicked on yesterday from his 2nd half on Thursday which was adequate but not above average. I personally think he will be moving on in next Jans transfer window. 

If we end up paying £40m we’ll have picked up some trophies and qualified for Europe, I’d guess anyway, so would be worth it. 
Im sure from the reported numbers £20m of it was based on appearances and the rest on performance. 

I don’t think we’ll get anywhere near £40m. 

Couldnt disagree more about Thursday though. He was the stand out performer in that second half for me. 

12 hours ago, Matt said:

I'd like to know how payment clauses factor into FFP calculations, because they're conditional factors and not real payments until those conditions are made. His deal is the least of the worries to be honest. 

Surely FFP is based on actual spend, published accounts and spend submitted to the authorities, not future payments as they haven’t been made yet. 
I wouldn’t expect it to come into FFP so much, I’d also expect the Kean transfer not to come into it yet for the same reason. 

20 hours ago, StevO said:

Couldnt disagree more about Thursday though. He was the stand out performer in that second half for me. 

That’s opinions for ya in my view the standout performance was a Iwobi, because we are getting so use to his performances of late we seem to expect it as the norm now for him so don’t see it  as standout, for me the opposite can be said of Ali because we are so use to seeing him do nothing when he does something it becomes standout, when in fact it is no more than average at best. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

That’s opinions for ya in my view the standout performance was a Iwobi, because we are getting so use to his performances of late we seem to expect it as the norm now for him so don’t see it  as standout, for me the opposite can be said of Ali because we are so use to seeing him do nothing when he does something it becomes standout, when in fact it is no more than average at best. 

We all know your opinion is always bollocks anyway mate, so Dele will probably get an England call up now. 😂

I think he’ll turn into a good signing for us. 
Lampard wants to play a different style of football, and I think that’s why he brought him in. 
A gamble, as not the player to drag us out of the mire this season, but I really think he was brought with next season in mind. 
Then again I could just be naive and be talking out my arse! 

6 hours ago, StevO said:

We all know your opinion is always bollocks anyway mate, so Dele will probably get an England call up now. 😂

I’ll say it…. That’s really really unfair and I think you should offer an apology right away! In fact I’ll apologise on your behalf.

Really sorry SteveO said that, Bollocks!

Talks that we are willing and looking to offload him. Rumoured he is on 100k a week as well. If we got Gallagher in I would prefer Iwobi or Gallagher in that role & I would much rather us put any more we would be incline to spend on Dele towards the latter.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Talks that we are willing and looking to offload him. Rumoured he is on 100k a week as well. If we got Gallagher in I would prefer Iwobi or Gallagher in that role & I would much rather us put any more we would be incline to spend on Dele towards the latter.

I find that hard to believe to be honest. 

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Also seen on a few reported salary websites that Dele is on 100k a week.

Would need to turn up big time to deserve that. Would mean he earns slightly more than Richie.

Will be interesting to see what happens this summer with him. 

6 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Also seen on a few reported salary websites that Dele is on 100k a week.

Would need to turn up big time to deserve that. Would mean he earns slightly more than Richie.

Will be interesting to see what happens this summer with him. 

He’s going if we can off load him, abroad or possibly Championship no one in the PL would be silly enough to take him. 

• 1 month later...

This sort of thing is good to hear, and a step in the right direction. If Frank and his team can reignite Deli Alli this summer and he gets anywhere near the player he was 3 years ago (talked about as the most valuable attacking midfielder in Europe) then that will be huge for us. If you can play to the strengths of a fit and fully committed Alli then he will put the ball in the back of the net. massive 6months for him to make or break his career.

after staying injury free for the past 6 months and getting a decent run of games, I also wonder if there is any hope for Gbamin - is this pre-season one that could get him up to the pace of the premier League.