IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Superb tonight, the difference between him and Gomes was staggering 

The difference between them is what concerns me about lampard starting Gomes in the last 2 games. 

alli has a very good footy brain, he can’t play with the likes of doucoure thsts for sure. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

The difference between them is what concerns me about lampard starting Gomes in the last 2 games. 

alli has a very good footy brain, he can’t play with the likes of doucoure thsts for sure. 

It was a tactical masterstroke from Frank. Lull Palace into thinking they'll be up against a shit Andre Gomes all game and BAM, you got Dele'd

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

It was a tactical masterstroke from Frank. Lull Palace into thinking they'll be up against a shit Andre Gomes all game and BAM, you got Dele'd

Gomes…. A player with enough talent to play for Barcelona, yet he looks that poor on the pitch. Shocking 

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I really don't get doucoure. I know he gives us energy and commitment but he is really poor with the ball...like a headless chicken (not niasse bad but getting there).

6 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I really don't get doucoure. I know he gives us energy and commitment but he is really poor with the ball...like a headless chicken (not niasse bad but getting there).

We are a weaker team without him. Excellent in attack and defence, a good box to box man.

On 20/05/2022 at 09:41, Matt said:

The (horrible) sleeping pill? I've missed something I assume 

There are loads of rumours on the net that an England footballer is addicted to it, and most suggest it is Alli. Would explain drop off in form and why spurs were so keen to move him on.

55 minutes ago, badaids said:

There are loads of rumours on the net that an England footballer is addicted to it, and most suggest it is Alli. Would explain drop off in form and why spurs were so keen to move him on.

I was on that stuff for 4 years, its a horrible medication and only slightly better than insomnia. Really messes with your head.

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

I was on that stuff for 4 years, its a horrible medication and only slightly better than insomnia. Really messes with your head.

Sorry to hear that dude, hope things are better now. It sounds really horrible. 

There is clearly something not right with Dele so let’s hope some rest, a pre-season, a bit of faith and support from manager and form and he’ll be back to his best in blue.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He went live on Instagram after the game and he had Everton songs playing and was singing along, praising the atmosphere and thanking the fans. He seemed genuine with it all too.

One thing we can’t deny is his togetherness.

People we’re saying he doesn’t look like he likes it here… so I watched all the training videos and tunnel cams, and on every one he is jumping on players backs, having a laugh and looked like he is loving it.

But some think, if I write it enough, people will think it’s real! And funnily enough…. People start to follow.

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

May sound obvious but depression can absolutely ruin people and that type of drug is only ever meant to help short term, in my case to try and get me to actually sleep. Never really worked as I'd end up passing out eventually but that's not the same as sleep. Just became a poison that fueled a vicious circle. 

Things are certainly better, thanks. Not perfect but I'm no longer suicidal and insomnia isn't constant anymore. I had it all living in Switzerland, well paid job in a dreamland of a country, living in a converted 16th century farmhouse. But had never been so low. Wealth and prosperity is irrelevant if you don't have whatever it is you need to feel human, let alone happy. It's one of the reasons I get so defensive when people have a go at players and their hobbies or wealth; it's just not that simple. 

Good to hear your feeling better, from my experience of seeing my wife having regular bouts of anxiety and depression brought on primarily by work, being able to talk about it is one of the best but hardest things to do, the more we take away any stigma of mental health issues will help others. It’s so wrong that there is a stigma about it, if someone has a physical health issue there’s no stigma attached, mental health should be exactly the same.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

May sound obvious but depression can absolutely ruin people and that type of drug is only ever meant to help short term, in my case to try and get me to actually sleep. Never really worked as I'd end up passing out eventually but that's not the same as sleep. Just became a poison that fueled a vicious circle. 

Things are certainly better, thanks. Not perfect but I'm no longer suicidal and insomnia isn't constant anymore. I had it all living in Switzerland, well paid job in a dreamland of a country, living in a converted 16th century farmhouse. But had never been so low. Wealth and prosperity is irrelevant if you don't have whatever it is you need to feel human, let alone happy. It's one of the reasons I get so defensive when people have a go at players and their hobbies or wealth; it's just not that simple. 

Likewise, I was in a very dark place end of last year. I think it was the Dexamethasone drops and a lot of emotional stuff I had been carrying in the back of my mind that all came through. 

My faith and antidepressants worked for me thankfully.  If someone told me I had won the lottery I wouldn’t have been bothered.  

59 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Mental health is no respecter of wealth or status, for me I have never had a mental health crisis but I have had a few periods of poor mental health, mostly due to me being a hard pusher, desire to go against the flow. I won't stop when something has to be done, and I am no respecter of rank or title, I lead by example and have a low tolerance for sloppiness, stupidity and arrogance. All of which piles pressure on when there is allot of pressure to get the job done right, and when you are like that you get given more jobs, more responsibility (in my case well above my pay grade) because you have a reputation for getting things done. Which starts the whole thing off on another cycle. 

I have found my faith in God has become more and more important for me, and has no doubt saved and changed me, not a big blinding light moment, but a gradual journey with more and more peace.  I don't want to preach and getting early help for mental health is key, but I would suggest that having a quiet time and just praying honestly to God can be the start of a new chapter in life.

My faith saved me too, that and medication.