IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

16 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Lampard is on record praising him for the effort he has been putting into training and it was widely reported that he blew every other player off the park with his fitness results when the players reported back for preseason so I dont think it’s fair to say he isn’t putting the effort in

I just think he doesn’t suit the system we are playing at the moment and my big concern is that he is the only fit player at the club who knows we’re the back of the net is Or that offers an ounce of creativity

Personally I would have liked to have seen what he could do playing just behind DCL

Of course he's praised him, he's hardly going to say he's crap is he? He's such a confidence player, it's just good management. 

I still want him to succeed but if he doesn't fit, or isn't putting the effort in, it doesn't make sense to keep him around. 

Not too happy with a loan deal, given that it's to a Turkish club and they always seem to be quite slippery when it comes to negotiating. I'd rather they just took him permenantly to be honest, as I doubt the loan fee is anything to write home about. 

Assume Dele's wages (or part of) will be given to Gueye.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

He's had 6 months in training to make a point. The fact there's even rumours of this tells me he's not putting the effort in. He was always going to be a gamble, seems its not paid off. 

I also think Frank has changed his perspective over what he needs. He was given little to no time in the Jan window and (apparently) he really wanted DVB and Alli - ball playing mids. Now he has seen what we need and aligned with Thirlwell that we need dynamic, lean, mean pressing machine in midfield (Gana and Onana).

Could be total bollocks but I think there are a lot of factors at play - the money first off...we really don't want to pay spurs that money, he's not setting the world on fire, we need a diff type of player now.

1 hour ago, Fosse Captain said:

Still think him playing off DCL would be good.  
Start him with Rondon (ugh) in the interim 

Shame it’s not worked out 

This is what we haven’t really had chance to see yet. He is very clever on the ball… a bit to clever for our team to date. He is playing balls that our players just can’t read. 
Put him with a proper forward and he might actually look good again.

13 minutes ago, Shukes said:

This is what we haven’t really had chance to see yet. He is very clever on the ball… a bit to clever for our team to date. He is playing balls that our players just can’t read. 

its a double edges sword really - he plays and we have to cough up some money, So if he is not showing better form in training etc then maybe Frank not convinced he is going to then do much on the pitch -  £10M is a lot and you feel as you get close to the 20 games then perhaps we don't feel the gamble is going to work. 

Not sure the exact details of the 'number of games played' as I do find it strange that he comes on very late in games for 10min or so. Why waste a game for 10min if any appearance counts towards the 20. It could be that an appearance only counts if it more that 20mins (or something like that), in that way it makes sense to be trying him out late on in games. Who knows the ins and outs of this deal.

28 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Agreed. 
I wouldn’t let him go.

I’d wait for DCL and go from there. 
Admittedly that’s not a great plan and quite a risk but 🤷‍♂️

He’s not a bad player. I’d even be happy to spend the extra £10 million (or whatever it is) than get someone else in and end up with an Adams/ Maupay. 

For me, £10 million is low risk, with a potential high reward. 

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think the issue here is we have no plans to play 4 at the back. If you want a 532, you are unlikely to play with wingers either so there isn't really a chance to use that formation with the rest of the squad we have. 

I think it is going to be revenge of the Cenk's transfer.

Couldn't make it in Tottenham. (Even with Mou, he loves footballers with weird personalities)

Couldn't make it here, since he has been transferred. Can't even make in Lampard's first 11.

I think this guy has some mental problems. Problem attitude,  he is going into deep shite. There is no way up from Besiktas, which is the team I support as many of you know, here in Turkey. Turkish football goes backwards both on the pitch and economically. It ofc includes Besiktas. So, I think it will be a transfer to hit and run. I might be wrong, he can prove himself here but pretty long shot IMO.

20 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

I think it is going to be revenge of the Cenk's transfer.

Couldn't make it in Tottenham. (Even with Mou, he loves footballers with weird personalities)

Couldn't make it here, since he has been transferred. Can't even make in Lampard's first 11.

I think this guy has some mental problems. Problem attitude,  he is going into deep shite. There is no way up from Besiktas, which my team here in Turkey. Turkish football goes backwards both in the pitch and economically. So, I think it will be a transfer to hit and run. I might be wrong, he can prove himself here but pretty long shot IMO.

I think he is the player rumoured to have an issue with sleeping tablets, his complexion/face looks different. His eyes have a dullness about them and his face looks puffy. Can’t put my finger on it but it’s similar to Muhammad Ali, it’s a look that says a certain spark isn’t there. 

13 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I think he is the player rumoured to have an issue with sleeping tablets, his complexion/face looks different. His eyes have a dullness about them and his face looks puffy. Can’t put my finger on it but it’s similar to Muhammad Ali, it’s a look that says a certain spark isn’t there. 

Where did you hear this? I just had a look online and didn't realise sleeping tablets and painkillers were such a big problem in football.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Where did you hear this? I just had a look online and didn't realise sleeping tablets and painkillers were such a big problem in football.

I’d seen a few rumoured sources.  It may be wrong but an unnamed England player had an issue with it. 

something about him hasn’t looked right. 

From one of England's best players to playing for Besiktas at twenty-fuckin-six!

Embarrassing! The lad needs knocking on the fucking head.

You don't go to Besiktas and come back a better player, not at 26. Maybe early twenties to get experience, maybe go there 30+. But at 26!?

He goes there and his career is as good as done.

Maybe Mourinho was right, maybe he's got dogshit advisors, who knows but ffs what a shambles his career is turning out to be.

Honestly thought he was bought with this season in mind. 
FL didn’t want to miss out on him so gambled on us staying in PL last season, so he could play his style with a Dele in the team playing off DCL this season. 
Even playing off Rondon in the interim would be work short term I thought. 

26 and off to Turkey is career over isn’t it 

Don’t know why, but I’m actually a bit gutted it’s not worked out

6 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

Maybe Mourinho was right, maybe he's got dogshit advisors, who knows but ffs what a shambles his career is turning out to be.

I hate this in football. Why do people have to have “advisors”? Biggest myth in football. 
If the lad has lost focus, or determination, or form, or picked up some bad habits, that’s on him or maybe on his own mental health, but advisors. Give me a break. 

17 minutes ago, StevO said:

I hate this in football. Why do people have to have “advisors”? Biggest myth in football. 
If the lad has lost focus, or determination, or form, or picked up some bad habits, that’s on him or maybe on his own mental health, but advisors. Give me a break. 

Of course he should have advisors. And by advisors I mean mentors, people he trusts to guide him, people he can turn to for advice. Anyone trying to seriously succeed in anything, not just football, is going to need to have people around them to guide their judgement and help them make the right decisions. 

Having said that, you're still right in that it is still on him. He's still the one who needs to pull his finger out, do the work, and cultivate and maintain the right habits, focus, determination and work ethic, etc.

57 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

Of course he should have advisors. And by advisors I mean mentors, people he trusts to guide him, people he can turn to for advice. Anyone trying to seriously succeed in anything, not just football, is going to need to have people around them to guide their judgement and help them make the right decisions. 

Having said that, you're still right in that it is still on him. He's still the one who needs to pull his finger out, do the work, and cultivate and maintain the right habits, focus, determination and work ethic, etc.

'Advisors' seem to worm their way in - kerching - and most players do not have the nous to question what qualifications or experience they have.

1 hour ago, Wall Writer said:

That’s friends and family, that’s not advisors. I know full well im being pedantic, but that’s not the advisors that get talked about in football. That’s agents and management companies advisors, professionals. It’s like an easy snap comment when something goes bad for a player, “his advisors aren’t doing a good job”. Just takes the responsibility away from the footballers, does my head in. And I’m still being pedantic about it. 😂

As it sound like a loan to start with, then I suppose if he is able to go away and find his form an mojo about him, then we would benefit massively if he comes back, as will still be our player.

Not sure how this 'option to buy' thing works - especially if they want to buy him, but he doesn't actually then want to go there permanently and would rather come back and have a crack at PL again.