IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

People are acting like he is in his twilight years and finished.

He’s been here a few months! 

I watch the training videos and he has a smile on his face and is involved in everything. He is jumping on players shoulders and getting piggy backs from Richie and Mina. 
Looks thoroughly miserable and unhappy to be here.

15 minutes ago, Shukes said:

People are acting like he is in his twilight years and finished.

He’s been here a few months! 

I watch the training videos and he has a smile on his face and is involved in everything. He is jumping on players shoulders and getting piggy backs from Richie and Mina. 
Looks thoroughly miserable and unhappy to be here.

Who thinks he’s in his twilight years he’s 26 he should be entering his prime as a MF, being in the squad doesn’t make you credible competition look at Tosun to see that, and when he’s 4th highest earner in the team you should expect him to be credible competition, he still didn’t get a start when DVB, Gray, and Allan were all out in the same game and had been regular starter’s, he’s even becoming the waste of a bench player. But as long as he’s having a laugh in training we should all be happy 😃 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Who thinks he’s in his twilight years he’s 26 he should be entering his prime as a MF, being in the squad doesn’t make you credible competition look at Tosun to see that, and when he’s 4th highest earner in the team you should expect him to be credible competition, he still didn’t get a start when DVB, Gray, and Allan were all out in the same game and had been regular starter’s, he’s even becoming the waste of a bench player. But as long as he’s having a laugh in training we should all be happy 😃 

Sorry mate. I do t have the inside info you do so I have no idea other than what  our manager says. 

Im gonna have to just leave this one I think haha. All I can say is that one of us will be proven right and the other wrong.  If he gets in the team at some point and plays well…. Or if he never does and we sell him……. Watch this space 😉

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Sorry mate. I do t have the inside info you do so I have no idea other than what  our manager says. 

Im gonna have to just leave this one I think haha. All I can say is that one of us will be proven right and the other wrong.  If he gets in the team at some point and plays well…. Or if he never does and we sell him……. Watch this space 😉

Agreed 👍

Arteta and pienaar were two players who needed to rediscover their zest for the game and did it here.

There Is probably a bit of stuff in the background. He had a bit of a difficult upbringing and his mum tried to get back on the scene. Split up from his partner… generally I sense he is someone who needs a bit of help getting back to where he was…. If he wants to also. 

On 14/04/2022 at 19:02, Romey 1878 said:

I suspect we would've seen him play more if we'd gotten ourselves safe before now, and will do if we manage it with games to spare.

This, 

it’s pretty clear Lampard not willing to take a risk on a player who’s potentially not up for a fight. Personally I think Demarai Gray falls into this category too  

I thought his introduction led to us losing a bit of control in midfield which in turn gave them a few good chances to score a second. He completely switched off at one point giving Maddison a free shot on goal.

On the other hand, it was his determination that got him in front of the defender allowing him to cut the ball back for the goal.

I think he switches off too much to trust from the start but he is capable of doing things more clinically than anyone else up front when we need a goal.

24 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I thought his introduction led to us losing a bit of control in midfield which in turn gave them a few good chances to score a second. He completely switched off at one point giving Maddison a free shot on goal.

On the other hand, it was his determination that got him in front of the defender allowing him to cut the ball back for the goal.

I think he switches off too much to trust from the start but he is capable of doing things more clinically than anyone else up front when we need a goal.

I agree he didn’t have any influence on the game and was very much a passenger, he had one moment in the game which led to the goal and in this game it was more than enough we were desperate for that point, and that was good enough for me. 

What o would give him a plus for, is organising. I was pleasantly surprised to see him barking orders and pointing when players weren’t marking ect. 
And to give him credit, he was in our penalty area more than most of our defenders haha.

Which isn’t where we want a player like that, but at least he understood the importance of staying in the match.

On 22/04/2022 at 14:28, Bailey said:

One thing we didn’t have in the first half was control of the midfield. That’s why Frank changed it. 

Allan and Delph together is piss poor. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Rumour has it that he needs to play 10 games before first payment is made. 

Cheers Matt. Just had a quick look on wiki (should've done that first) and it says that he was free with the potential of the fee becoming £40m with performance bonuses etc. being met, £10m of which is to be paid after 20 appearances. To be honest, I initially thought we'd brought him in on a loan, but he's on a 2½ year deal.

Just now, Heath said:

Cheers Matt. Just had a quick look on wiki (should've done that first) and it says that he was free with the potential of the fee becoming £40m with performance bonuses etc. being met, £10m of which is to be paid after 20 appearances. To be honest, I initially thought we'd brought him in on a loan, but he's on a 2½ year deal.

It was a very clever piece of business which made a lot of people suspicious I think :lol:

3 hours ago, Matt said:

It was a very clever piece of business which made a lot of people suspicious I think :lol:

Clever indeed as the maximum amount of games he could play this season was 19 (of course he won't hit that).  Will be interesting to see what we do in the summer.  Keep or sell for a fee before the 20 games limit kicks in.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I like that he was someone that Lampard really wanted to sign but despite that isn't willing to compromise on what he expects and will only play him when it's the right time, or if he earns it.

I think he knows that he's a bit of a luxury player too and recognises that our position comes first. No doubt we'll see him start before the end of the season if we're safe

Turned it for us today, well done to him.

Not a "hustle" sort of player, looks like he conserves himself energy wise at times, but went in when he thought he could impact and won important balls.

Clean feet and very creative.  Will be nice if we can get him some players on his wavelength.  Then hopefully we'll see players on the end of his passes, like the little chip pass into the box (that Coleman missed).