IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Magnesium is very good. Put it with zinc and b6 and that’s zma.  Get some trippy dreams on it but feel so much more refreshed. Either buy zma or zinc picolinate, magnesium glyconate, and b6 separately (which gets you more value) or search zma 

Magnesium Gylconate is a jays on the way. But I’ll definitely look into this zma.

Thanks Haf.

Since my knee replacement nearly 3 weeks ago I’ve been taking.                  
2 aspirin once a day, 2 Panadol every 4hrs, 2 Ibuprofen every 8hrs, 2 Codeine every 8hrs, 5mil of liquid Morphine every 8hrs, 1 Omeprazole a day, and 2 sachet’s of Laxido. 
With all that still in a fair bit of pain especially at night with nothing to take your mind off the pain, I’ve been offered sleeping tablets but have refused them for 2 reasons, 1 because I have history of poor sleep for decades, 2 they are very addictive and I feel I would enjoy the benefits they may give me, and I would get caught up in not being able to operate without them. 
This is why Dele shouldn’t have been prescribed them by club doctors, they haven’t tried to find the problem they took the easy route and thrown a highly addictive drug at him to try and find an easy fix.  

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Since my knee replacement nearly 3 weeks ago I’ve been taking.                  
2 aspirin once a day, 2 Panadol every 4hrs, 2 Ibuprofen every 8hrs, 2 Codeine every 8hrs, 5mil of liquid Morphine every 8hrs, 1 Omeprazole a day, and 2 sachet’s of Laxido. 
With all that still in a fair bit of pain especially at night with nothing to take your mind off the pain, I’ve been offered sleeping tablets but have refused them for 2 reasons, 1 because I have history of poor sleep for decades, 2 they are very addictive and I feel I would enjoy the benefits they may give me, and I would get caught up in not being able to operate without them. 
This is why Dele shouldn’t have been prescribed them by club doctors, they haven’t tried to find the problem they took the easy route and thrown a highly addictive drug at him to try and find an easy fix.  

Good lord palfy...that's quite the cocktail....explains some of your posts 😂

joking aside, I can only imagine the pain you must be in without all that lot, so I wish you a speedy recovery.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I was wondering why your posts seemed to make more sense...

I think that’s the Morphine great for the pain but poor for your concentration. 8 days after the op I had to do an online Motorway awareness course on zoom, I was happy that you couldn’t fail to pass because I never had a clue what was going on. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think that’s the Morphine great for the pain but poor for your concentration. 8 days after the op I had to do an online Motorway awareness course on zoom, I was happy that you couldn’t fail to pass because I never had a clue what was going on. 

Good luck with recovery mate 

54 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

Has anyone come off anti depressants? After 18 months I want to try, not sure what to expect. I'd like to try a natural back up.

Make sure you talk to your GP before attempting; I stopped taking mine a couple of years back because I felt I was OK and ended up in a very dark place, and it took a fair amount of time to connect the two things in my brain and start them again.

I'm on two different ones now and still struggle at times.

GP will probably give you a gradual reduction in dose until you can get off completely, good luck with it though mate.

2 hours ago, Gwlad said:

Has anyone come off anti depressants? After 18 months I want to try, not sure what to expect. I'd like to try a natural back up.

Yeah. I’ve been on 50mg of Sertraline and titrated off (lowered dose gradually) in order not to cause the brain to crash.  I was fine for a few months and it came back again last autumn so I’ve been on the since then.   50mg is a very good dose for me. It’s a low dose in all reality but works for me. 

it’s very easy to think you are ok, but it’s extremely important to come off them under supervision as Mike said. 

I agree with your post Palfy. Putting on the face of someone who doesn't have a care in the world is often the default when, as you rightly say, inside you are a mess. I have only told my immediate family who were instrumental in my getting the help I needed and two very close friends. Even my brother doesn't know.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I must say the responses from everyone on here is fantastic to see here - it’s a great feeling knowing there’s a lot of support from people for each other here!

So true this. We often have quite big differences of opinion on TT but members come together on the, often very personal, important things in life.

32 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Dele speaking out about his troubles has had a very positive effect on TT members, who have taken the opportunity to talk freely about their own struggles, this can only be a positive thing for those opening up about their struggles and for those who didn’t understand the challenges and difficulties people with mental health issues face on a daily basis. I for one try to hide my inner feelings and demons with humour and being upbeat and positive as much as I can, I also focus on my children and grandchildren to the extent I start to take over and impose on them believing I’m helping, when the reality is I’m using them so I don’t have to concentrate on me. I believe sleep deprivation has become my worst enemy going to bed isn’t an opportunity for me to get a good nights sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the next day, for me it’s become time for questioning myself and constantly going over my own thoughts and feelings, where I constantly doubt myself. From the outside to my family and friends happy and successful in life which I am if you just look at what you see, but on the inside I’m a mess is the best way I can describe it, the true meaning of don’t judge a book by it’s cover I feel sums me up quite adequately. 
I’m staring at the screen wrestling with post or delete and that I believe is because my hardest decisions in life are the decisions about myself. So here goes with an attitude of nothing ventured nothing gained because that’s how I roll. 

Forgot to mention,  have a Shakti mat.  One of those spikes things. I noticed when I use it before bed I tend to fall asleep pretty swiftly.   Look into it and whether it’s safe for you etc but I do find them good. 

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I can assure you all that I really am just a sarcastic, impatient, grumpy cunt and I am not masking anything.

In all seriousness though, I have no experience of feeling depressed or anything like that (and I hope I never do) but anyone going through it or has gone through it has my utmost respect because while not having felt it myself I do know that feeling that way and still carrying on takes courage and strength. I would never judge anyone negatively because they are depressed or have felt depressed. It's not a weakness, it just makes you human. We all have our battles even if they're different.

Who says weed is bad for you! 🤢