IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's back in training now.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dele-alli-transfer-everton-tottenham-31348660

‌“I must make it clear he is on the grass but still a long way from being fit, he is not training with us he is with the sports science staff."

Still, positive progress.

It would be great to see him a player reborn and playing in a blue shirt. 

I think Dyche is a decent man manager, and I think he will have genuinely been a great support to him as he tries to get his career back on track. I think the hard working squad environment will do him the world of good.

I really hope that Spurs can come to some agreement with us. Hopefully they will realise we are genuinely on our arses moneywise and not taking the piss or trying to pull a fast one.

I think the 

Dyche's points about directness is both a source of frustration but also why I think he's progressing our play at the moment. Sometimes we hoof it forward or rush to play forward without letting the shape develop, and that's certainly frustrating. But then I think back to the last four or so years of football, waiting for the perfect ball which almost never materializes, then being forced to play back, then ultimately being forced to hoof it forward anyway. 

1 hour ago, Matt Tiger said:

Dyche's points about directness is both a source of frustration but also why I think he's progressing our play at the moment. Sometimes we hoof it forward or rush to play forward without letting the shape develop, and that's certainly frustrating. But then I think back to the last four or so years of football, waiting for the perfect ball which almost never materializes, then being forced to play back, then ultimately being forced to hoof it forward anyway. 

Plus we're scoring again currently. I've no doubt we'll see more expansive stuff once we know we're safe. 

The best part about that clip for me is Dele watching how we play and it sounds like he’s looking to see where he can make a difference. I love Doucoure’s work ethic, but Dele is the only player who can challenge him for that position. 
The dream if he could get back to his best, as a counter attacking player he could be lethal for us. 

On 08/11/2023 at 16:35, StevO said:

The best part about that clip for me is Dele watching how we play and it sounds like he’s looking to see where he can make a difference. I love Doucoure’s work ethic, but Dele is the only player who can challenge him for that position
The dream if he could get back to his best, as a counter attacking player he could be lethal for us. 

Wouldn't it be nice to have Dele ready to make the first team before the Africa Cup of Nations.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Gana might and Doucoure is the prime candidate to fill that space

Just to make sure I understand the potential AFCON problem and solution —- Isn’t it fair to say that Gana Gueye and Onana have been playing the same position (“that space”), if not always in the same way?  If yes, then Onana would be filling Gana’s space, as in fact he’s already been doing as the recent starter over Gana.  The Onana/Gana position is roughly “controlling” midfielder, with both advancing and defending responsibilities.

Doucouré, otoh, has been consistently an attacking midfielder (ACM), who’s often nearly as far advanced as DCL.  (Which is precisely why we all wish he had a more consistent shot.

Thus, Gana’s absence would deprive us of an important first-off-the-bench  plug-in player ..... on those strangely rare occasions when Dyche actually uses a sub.

Edit — It may be that Matt’s referring to Doucouré doing the job Dele would do, if ever he gets healthy.  Rather than Doucouré replacing Gana.  Sorry if I misread Matt’s point.

2 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Just to make sure I understand the potential AFCON problem and solution —- Isn’t it fair to say that Gana Gueye and Onana have been playing the same position (“that space”), if not always in the same way?  If yes, then Onana would be filling Gana’s space, as in fact he’s already been doing as the recent starter over Gana.  The Onana/Gana position is roughly “controlling” midfielder, with both advancing and defending responsibilities.

Doucouré, otoh, has been consistently an attacking midfielder (ACM), who’s often nearly as far advanced as DCL.  (Which is precisely why we all wish he had a more consistent shot.

Thus, Gana’s absence would deprive us of an important first-off-the-bench  plug-in player ..... on those strangely rare occasions when Dyche actually uses a sub.

Edit — It may be that Matt’s referring to Doucouré doing the job Dele would do, if ever he gets healthy.  Rather than Doucouré replacing Gana.  Sorry if I misread Matt’s point.

The latter is the bit I meant. That said, Doucouré is making that position his own.

• 4 weeks later...

Dele has had a tough time both as a youngster and more recently. I wish him well.

Personally, I would cut him loose and hope he finds a club to continue playing and hopefully show his talent once again but I don’t think we are in a position to take such risks.

1 hour ago, Harv said:

Dele has had a tough time both as a youngster and more recently. I wish him well.

Personally, I would cut him loose and hope he finds a club to continue playing and hopefully show his talent once again but I don’t think we are in a position to take such risks.

Agree with the point about Dele going somewhere where he might thrive but the People's Club don't cast people aside and that makes me proud.