IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

• 3 weeks later...

Dele has announced that he has had a setback with his injury and will be out a little longer. Personally I don’t think he will play for the first team again his contract is up at the end of the season and I really can’t see us trying to renew it. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, badaids said:

Ankle surgery apparently, he’ll definitely never wear the shirt again now.

If it’s cost 10m for his wages in this spell and his involvement in the palace game kept us up, then it’s probably benn worth it?

His groin is ever slightly different to the ankle :lol:.

I agree that it’s very unlikely we’ll ever see him play another game for us now though. 

58 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

A couple of thoughts....... are his wages paid for by insurance when not fit?

are we waiting for his contract to expire / he becomes free agent and resigns and we dont pay spurs for the games played? 

Players are treated as workers. They have insurance, but it mostly covers career ending injuries, death, disability, etc. which are paid out to the player or their family in case of an accident. I don't think clubs receive anything from regular injuries, otherwise insurance policies would be unmanageable. Dele will leave on a free and Tottenham will get nothing from it.

2 hours ago, Haiku said:

Players are treated as workers. They have insurance, but it mostly covers career ending injuries, death, disability, etc. which are paid out to the player or their family in case of an accident. I don't think clubs receive anything from regular injuries, otherwise insurance policies would be unmanageable. Dele will leave on a free and Tottenham will get nothing from it.

Then we resign him as a free agent and he'll be magically fit :lol:

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If he can get fit I’d have no issue seeing him take a 12 month deal, once the Spurs contract is over. 
Apparently if he plays seven more games we have to pay Spurs. We’ve only got 13 games left, I doubt he would be fit in time to play seven games anyway. He’s not even training with the team yet. 
I don’t see any scenario where we pay Spurs now. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

If he can get fit I’d have no issue seeing him take a 12 month deal, once the Spurs contract is over. 
Apparently if he plays seven more games we have to pay Spurs. We’ve only got 13 games left, I doubt he would be fit in time to play seven games anyway. He’s not even training with the team yet. 
I don’t see any scenario where we pay Spurs now. 

Apparently it'll effectively be a contract renewal so we will have to pay Spurs.

come on, we know what will happen. Everton (becasue of the Contract we have) will be the only club that can't sign Dele on a free in the summer (will cost us £10M or more as for us it will be a renewal) even though we have paid his wages and hopefully looked after him this past season.

He will sign for somebody else and he will have put his demons behind him, and will be fit for the opening game of the season in August and will get back to somewhere near his old form. Will most likely will sign for a club we are in a relegation battle with (if we are in Prem next year).

This is how I feel thing just go for Everton at this moment in time. If there is any luck going around it' only the bad luck we seem to get.  

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

come on, we know what will happen. Everton (becasue of the Contract we have) will be the only club that can't sign Dele on a free in the summer (will cost us £10M or more as for us it will be a renewal) even though we have paid his wages and hopefully looked after him this past season.

He will sign for somebody else and he will have put his demons behind him, and will be fit for the opening game of the season in August and will get back to somewhere near his old form. Will most likely will sign for a club we are in a relegation battle with (if we are in Prem next year).

This is how I feel thing just go for Everton at this moment in time. If there is any luck going around it' only the bad luck we seem to get.  

Pretty sure it won't come to that.

Spurs need to be sensible. They had an £80m player who got hooked on sleeping tablets that their doctor prescribed to start with. I wonder why they offloaded him for £10m..... of course they knew he had issues.

Daniel levy is about as stupid as he is moral..... that money mad blurt doesn't give a shit that Alli signed for a club in an uneconomical deal.  He needs to look at the player. 

If what you are saying is true, there is nothing to stop Everton asking another club to act as a middle man.  "Alli signs for Tranmere on a free and then joins Everton immediately after" 

11 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Pretty sure it won't come to that.

Spurs need to be sensible. They had an £80m player who got hooked on sleeping tablets that their doctor prescribed to start with. I wonder why they offloaded him for £10m..... of course they knew he had issues.

Daniel levy is about as stupid as he is moral..... that money mad blurt doesn't give a shit that Alli signed for a club in an uneconomical deal.  He needs to look at the player. 

If what you are saying is true, there is nothing to stop Everton asking another club to act as a middle man.  "Alli signs for Tranmere on a free and then joins Everton immediately after" 

Well he was/is a free for the first 20 games, then £10m once 20 games player. however, it said the deal could potentially be £40m with other add on, I am guessing one could very well be contract renewal or extension. 

I don't imagine we would simply get away with running the contract out and then re sign him.

On 29/02/2024 at 07:41, RuffRob said:

Well he was/is a free for the first 20 games, then £10m once 20 games player. however, it said the deal could potentially be £40m with other add on, I am guessing one could very well be contract renewal or extension. 

I don't imagine we would simply get away with running the contract out and then re sign him.

Dont believe the £40m headlines Rob. For us to end up paying anywhere near that, firstly, Everton would have to be successful, and second, Dele would have to be playing. That money is safe.

We've seen athletes come back from mental health issues - from what I gather dele has huge appreciation for the club and wants to repay us. 

its abundantly clear he was suffering for a while before his sleeping tablet addiction came out. 

for me - a player of his ability if he comes back to 75% of what he was is far better than anything we have in the final 3rd of the pitch. 

i'm all for him getting a far reduced contract and enjoying his football with us if spurs can actually look at themselves and realise they tried to offload a broken human and not chase pounds and pence for once. 

levy is a pretty horrible operator.  Probably pops into M&S at 6pm and stands next to the sandwich fridge ready to fill his basket with cut price butties for the week. His latest thing is to target the better players from psr threatened clubs so I'm guessing he will be opening up a bid for Ollie Watkins at £30m having already got Richarlison and Brennan Johnson in similar circumstances.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He comes across as a very nice lad.  I'd love to see him get fit and and make his comeback with us. 

I sometimes wonder where this club would be at if it weren't for his performance in the second half against Palace. Agreed, would be thrilled to see him succeed here

52 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He comes across as a very nice lad.  I'd love to see him get fit and and make his comeback with us. 

He impressed me last night, about the only Everton thing that did!

Most importantly he seemed to be in a good place mentally (if it’s possible to tell on TV of course)

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It didn’t come across as likely to be a comeback with Everton tbh. 

I think he was indicating that there is stuff to unravel regards him staying at Everton.   My feeling is that there is contract grey areas regarding the 10 games = £10m and I don't know what this looks like.

spurs should have waived the ridiculous agreement - not because it's unfair on us but because they have a duty to their ex player.  They essentially watched him decline and got shut - they seen Everton as "we buy any car" and flogged a rolls royce that needed extensive work.

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I think he was indicating that there is stuff to unravel regards him staying at Everton.   My feeling is that there is contract grey areas regarding the 10 games = £10m and I don't know what this looks like.

spurs should have waived the ridiculous agreement - not because it's unfair on us but because they have a duty to their ex player.  They essentially watched him decline and got shut - they seen Everton as "we buy any car" and flogged a rolls royce that needed extensive work.

We were cazoo when he signed.