IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

I can definitely see the appeal but Lampard is basically saying he can get more out of Alli than Mourinho, Nuno and Conte. Which is bold to say the least! 

I don’t think it’s that bold to think he could get more than Mourinho or Nuno by any means. Mourinho is notorious for bad relationships with players and Nuno isn’t great. Might be bold to think he could get more out of him than Conte, but sometimes players do just need a change of scenery.

4 hours ago, Isaiah said:

From what I saw of that Spurs documentary he can sometimes be a bit petulant. Eric Dier had to tell him to stop acting like a spoiled kid... 

...so hopefully he leaves that at the door because the last thing we need is trouble in the dressing room. 

I think Dier is more in the wrong here. Alli isn’t blaming anyone. He’s just expressing frustration. I’d be more worried if he was smiling or nonchalant. He’s clearly passionate about winning and hates losing. That’s the kind of player I want to play for Everton.

4 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

I don’t think it’s that bold to think he could get more than Mourinho or Nuno by any means. Mourinho is notorious for bad relationships with players and Nuno isn’t great. Might be bold to think he could get more out of him than Conte, but sometimes players do just need a change of scenery.

I think Dier is more in the wrong here. Alli isn’t blaming anyone. He’s just expressing frustration. I’d be more worried if he was smiling or nonchalant. He’s clearly passionate about winning and hates losing. That’s the kind of player I want to play for Everton.

Don't see anything wrong with what Alli did there

4 hours ago, Isaiah said:

From what I saw of that Spurs documentary he can sometimes be a bit petulant. Eric Dier had to tell him to stop acting like a spoiled kid... 

...so hopefully he leaves that at the door because the last thing we need is trouble in the dressing room. 

I have absolutely no issue with Alli there. I would hope someone in our dressing room right now is acting like that after defeat where as Dier is just sitting there like he doesn’t give a shit and only fires up because someone calls the team out for not being good enough. Also Alli is bang on not to name 1 person, he said it’s the whole team, including himself. Dier is way off in that exchange in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, Btay said:

Can’t doubt his ability or talent - it’s the bit between the ears for Alli. If Lampard can influence him at all in this area we’ve got a decent player. 

Is he that good of a footballer though? 

For me, he isn't, but he reads the game really well and gets himself on the end of things. He can finish too.

I'm not sure what his other qualities are. 

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Is he that good of a footballer though? 

For me, he isn't, but he reads the game really well and gets himself on the end of things. He can finish too.

I'm not sure what his other qualities are. 

I suppose sometimes that's all you need. If he can contribute to 15 or 20 goals a season I wouldn't be too concerned how good he is in other areas. If he doesn't it could be a problem. Whenever I think of him I recall that goal he scored where he flicked it over his head and volleyed it into the net from outside the box. That was a beautiful goal.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But it's no cash at all if he flops (free transfer initially), will only be big cash if he/we have a lot of success, no brainer.

Mike, Mike, Mike don't you know how it works? For his whole time here he'll be talked about as a £40m signing even though he will never, ever be that. Just like Richarlison was signed for £50m whenever he's spoken about.

In the past we have simply paid over the odds and given players like this too big a contracts. We have not done that this time. It a more sensible appoach. The risk/reward ratio profile is about right. 

Dele Alli has plenty left in the tank and if any manager is going to motivate a English goal scoring attacking midfeilder, its going to be a Frank Lampard - they just might be a very good fit. 

3 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

You're not the one whose confused.

Spurs can't take him back he's our player. We are in total control of the finances on this one. If he plays shit, we stop playing him until we find a BUYER...and we don't pay another penny. If he plays out of this world then we have a business decision...are those results worth £10m, £20M then okay let's keep on playing him. Pretty sure if he scores the goals to keep us in the prem we won't mind the £10M for 20 appearances.

Also he is cup tied and we do not have 20 games left.  So technically he could help us stay up and we could sell him for straight profit in the summer.  Makes me wonder if there is a sell on fee in the contract?