IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

Well that's a deal which shows you how ridiculous financial laws are.Β 

No questioning his potential ability. Its all about attitude, and that's my concern. However, his apparent arrogance might be exactly what we need at the moment, in that he'll have a point to prove and that confidence may rub off. More I think about it, more it makes sense. Just have massive doubts about his head.Β 

5 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Depending on how the Β£40M is structured, I think basically it's a 6 month loan without being a loan. We would need to sell him or let him rot.

Yeah if the Β£10m is after 20 games, the rest of the Β£30m could be heavily performance based which isn't an issue.

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Surely the 20 games clause is not just for this season. We're not smart enough to be able to slip something like that in there.Β 

Come to think of it, feels like that's something that could easily be slipped past us on a deal without anyone in the front office noticing πŸ˜‘

No it's 20 games full stop but he won't breach that mark this year so we won't have to pay it until next year. We will pay for it with all the wages we save (Gylfi, Cenk etc)

The way the deal is structured is to help us get around FFP rules this season. I heavily suspect that means that these other conditions will be quite heavy the following year(s).Β 

His wages etc are going to be huge as well.Β 

To me this feels a bit like Siggy. I suspect it will be a fairly sizeable fee even if he doesnt do anything special and the money he will be on will be up there with our highest earners.Β 

As a player, he isn't for me. I watched him for Spurs recently and he didn't look good at all. He was ropey, a bit like a 35 year old not 25.Β 

Id have faith that Lampard knows how he wants to use him (and VDB) and there is no doubt that Alli will get goals. A bit like Cahill, all his other weaknesses as a footballer, are balanced by his ability to get into the box and score important goals.Β 

I can definitely see the appeal but Lampard is basically saying he can get more out of Alli than Mourinho, Nuno and Conte. Which is bold to say the least!Β 

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The way the deal is structured is to help us get around FFP rules this season. I heavily suspect that means that these other conditions will be quite heavy the following year(s).Β 

His wages etc are going to be huge as well.Β 

To me this feels a bit like Siggy. I suspect it will be a fairly sizeable fee even if he doesnt do anything special and the money he will be on will be up there with our highest earners.Β 

As a player, he isn't for me. I watched him for Spurs recently and he didn't look good at all. He was ropey, a bit like a 35 year old not 25.Β 

Id have faith that Lampard knows how he wants to use him (and VDB) and there is no doubt that Alli will get goals. A bit like Cahill, all his other weaknesses as a footballer, are balanced by his ability to get into the box and score important goals.Β 

I can definitely see the appeal but Lampard is basically saying he can get more out of Alli than Mourinho, Nuno and Conte. Which is bold to say the least!Β 

Good ol' Vonny Dan de Beek