IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Breaking news on SSN that we're in talks for him now.

Merson stating what most of us think…. When he is at it and making runs from midfield then he is a very good player.

he more than likely needs a fresh start and get away from the London scene. Lampard will be the type of ex player to get a tune from him I think.Β 

Β 

7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Merson stating what most of us think…. When he is at it and making runs from midfield then he is a very good player.

he more than likely needs a fresh start and get away from the London scene. Lampard will be the type of ex player to get a tune from him I think.Β 

Β 

I've never been a fan of him tbh but if we sign him I'll be hoping he proves me wrong. We need a success story with a midfielder.

49 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Can't loan

Good call!

38 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

As I posted in the Zakaria thread, if Juve can get him for €5m and Sevilla getting Tecatito for €2m, we should be able to get Dele for close to that same price.Β 

But it's Spurs, so it'll probably be Β£35m

They were both impending free agents (I know Zakaria was, didn't look at Tecatito but have to assume) so nominal fees to cover the next few months so they weren't lame ducks. But I agree if history is any indication we'll pay more than we should.Β 

At only 25, he could resurrect his career to what it was when he broke into the scene. If people are forgetting how good he was here is what he managed in his seasons at Spurs in the league alone:

15/16 (28 starts, 5 subs) - 10 G / 9 A

16/17 (35, 2) - 18 / 7

17/18 (34, 2) - 9 / 10

18/19 (22, 3) - 5 / 3

19/20 (21, 4) - 8 / 4

20/21 (7, 8 ) - 0 / 1

21/22 (8, 2) - 1 / 0

If, and it is a big if, Lampard can get a tune out of him, he will be the midfielder we have been crying out for for years.

5 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

That’s a fantastic deal if it’s true, are they boxing clever knowing there are less than 20 league games left so we don’t pay until next season ?

That was the special deal I quoted further up, beats the SSP.