IGNORED

Arsenal (Home) Saturday 19 December

markjazzbassist

26 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Not only two clean sheets but clean sheets against teams that, had they won, would have gone top of the table.

I don’t think any one would change the backline if it wasn’t the busy December period and fatigue management is required. 

I’m sure Carlo has a plan though, he can see the players day in day out however we looked leggy against Leicester. 

I wonder if arteta is doing the Pep thing where he tries to dictate every moment and action and reaction and it’s just too much info for such a young team.  I read the average age was 24 for their last match XI.

either way I’m not going to complain we have been in the same place as them all too often the past several years and I’m happy those days are gone.  Let’s put them to the sword and get maximum points.

21 minutes ago, StevO said:

If he really feels the need to make a change I don’t mind Coleman coming in and Holgate doing a job in midfield. Only because a midfield three of Gomes, Doucoure and Gylfi worries me a little. 

Few personnel changes but if Carlo changes the system to the 3/5 at the back and it doesn’t work then he’s left himself wide open for criticism 

If Carlo makes changes for this game he will have good reasons for doing so, he’s not an idiot. 
Our last 2 games have been very tough on the players with the amount of hard work everyone who’s been involved have put in, there maybe some injuries or niggles and one or two might need a rest.

The decisions seem to be 3.  (1) Who replaces Allan?  (2) Who plays RB?  (3) Sigurdsson or Gomes?

I hope Coleman is held out until next week, ManU.

Pickford

Kenny/Holgate       Mina       Keane       Godfrey

Doucouré           Davies/Holgate

Iwobi                   Gomes                Richarlison

DCL

I don’t know whether Kenny is better choice at RB than Davies in midfield.  If Kenny starts, then Holgate can serve as holding midfielder, allowing Doucouré options to get forward.  But if Holgate stays at RB, Doucouré probably has to stay back mostly, with Davies getting forward.

I suppose Ancelotti might start Gomes alongside Doucouré, with Sigurdsson further forward, but playing Sigurdsson and Gomes together for long stretches means major problems with pace.

39 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The Arsenal side is dreadful! 

No Auba, Lacazatte, Gabriel, Party. Its even better that Luiz is playing too. I'm not even sure that side is good enough to win the Championship! 

Sorry to pick on you in particular Bailey but Auba? Who the fuck is that? A player never managed by Mou? Winds me up in the extreme this tabloid-esque name shortening. Next our first team coach will be Fer and our manager Anc. STOP IT!