• Cenk Tosun
    • James Rodríguez
    • Akex Iwobi
    • Bernard
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Yerry Mina
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Niels Nkounkou

Current Player of the Season standings....
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...80
Allan...66
Abdoulaye Doucouré...60
Yerry Mina...40
James Rodríguez...39
Niels Nkounkou...34
Jordan Pickford...34
Gylfi Sigurðsson...30
Michael Keane...28
Alex Iwobi...27
André Gomes...22
Ben Godfrey...19
Séamus Coleman...17
Anthony Gordon...12
Robin Olsen...11
Tom Davies...11
Bernard...10
Lucas Digne...9
Richarlison...8
Mason Holgate...8

Previous MOTM winners...
West Ham (H)*...André Gomes
Sheffield United (A)*...Gylfi Sigurðsson
Manchester United (H Cup)**...Gylfi Sigurðsson
Arsenal (H)**...Ben Godfrey
Leicester (A)*...Abdoulaye Doucouré
Chelsea (H)**...Michael Keane
Burnley (A)*...Jordan Pickford
Leeds (H)*...Allan
Fulham (A)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Manchester United (H)*...Allan
Newcastle (A)*...Robin Olsen
Southampton (A)*...Allan
Liverpool (H)*...Michael Keane
Brighton (H)*...Yerry Mina
West Ham (H Cup)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Crystal Palace (A)*...James Rodríguez
Fleetwood (A)*...Niels Nkounkou
West Brom (H)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Salford (H)*...Niels Nkounkou
Tottenham (A)*...Jordan Pickford

*Behind closed doors
**Limited crowd

We were shite, Olsen did his job well, Doucoure as I'd expect improved us when he came on.  Coleman when we were attacking was pretty involved and I thought Gomes was generally alright.

Tosun also took his goal and the offside one very well.

Can't be arsed to cast a vote!  Let's hope we play better in round 4

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

Gomes covered the ground from the start to the end best player out there. 

Each to their own I suppose. I thought his performance was typical of the teams on the day in that he started well in the first 15 minutes but was then woeful for the rest of the match

We lost control in midfield because Gomes and Davies were sloppy with their passing and were not tracking back or showing for the back four

We had no presence in midfield until Doucoure came on and I think both Gomes and Davies showcased exactly why neither are fit to be in the starting XI

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Each to their own I suppose. I thought his performance was typical of the teams on the day in that he started well in the first 15 minutes but was then woeful for the rest of the match

We lost control in midfield because Gomes and Davies were sloppy with their passing and were not tracking back or showing for the back four

We had no presence in midfield until Doucoure came on and I think both Gomes and Davies showcased exactly why neither are fit to be in the starting XI

Exactly each to their own, I didn’t see it quite like you Doucoure was a huge improvement on Davies but wasn’t solely the reason we got a grip on the middle of the park, Gomes had someone to take some of the weight he was pretty much on his own for 60 minutes, also James coming off buoyed the team we had more players on prepared to work which stopped Rotherham getting to our defence, so no mate it wasn’t a one man team or change that made the difference, so if you’ve got it recorded take another he played the whole 120 minutes and was still contributing to the end. 
A solid performance imo. 

I thought both Davies and Gomes were well off the pace. They didn't get near the Rotherham players for most of the game. They were made to look slow both physically and mentally. 

Gomes was without doubt the better of the two but I think that was because he showed up in moments. He would do something every 10-15 minutes that made you remember he was on the pitch. Davies largely did something every 10-15 minutes that made you wish he wasn't on the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I thought both Davies and Gomes were well off the pace. They didn't get near the Rotherham players for most of the game. They were made to look slow both physically and mentally. 

Gomes was without doubt the better of the two but I think that was because he showed up in moments. He would do something every 10-15 minutes that made you remember he was on the pitch. Davies largely did something every 10-15 minutes that made you wish he wasn't on the pitch. 

We’ve seen a few times now that they just don’t work as a pair. Neither takes control of the game and the communication between them seems really poor. I haven’t got them to hand but there’s analysis of their positioning when playing as a pair and it’s not pretty!

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I was going to say, they were both bad but Davies was comfortably much the worse of the two and that took some going!

4 minutes ago, c1982 said:

We’ve seen a few times now that they just don’t work as a pair. Neither takes control of the game and the communication between them seems really poor. I haven’t got them to hand but there’s analysis of their positioning when playing as a pair and it’s not pretty!

I think the evidence for that was the Rotherham goal. Both in a starting position to win the initial header and both shirk it in different ways. Davies then jogs after him and then when he gets the chance to get the block in he misses that too. 

I also remember one of the chances before, think its the one Digne gets done on the inside and Olsen saves twice. Gomes may as well have a zimmerframe. He just jogs around as well and he is still ambling away from goal when the shot is saved my Olsen and goes towards the byline. He isnt even watching. 

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think the evidence for that was the Rotherham goal. Both in a starting position to win the initial header and both shirk it in different ways. Davies then jogs after him and then when he gets the chance to get the block in he misses that too. 

I also remember one of the chances before, think its the one Digne gets done on the inside and Olsen saves twice. Gomes may as well have a zimmerframe. He just jogs around as well and he is still ambling away from goal when the shot is saved my Olsen and goes towards the byline. He isnt even watching. 

@2:40 Gomes is the one who doesn't make enough of an effort. Don't see how any blame goes on Davies, he was never in a position to win the header, chases the danger and manages to apply pressure and get a touch, but unfortunately the touch takes it to Olosunde who scores. All on Gomes that one, he wasn't even half arsed in trying to win the header. If he applies more pressure/makes more of an effort to win the initial header he helps prevent that goal. I don't see what Davies could have done? (@2:40)

Think Gomes just trusts Digne to do be able to do his job, there's no reason for him to run until Digne fecks up. Davies and Coleman both get caught watching the ball rather than checking to see if they have left a free man though which lets them have the second pop. That said if it went in Digne and Olsen would be much more culpable. Digne is turned far too easily and Olsen should be able to do better with that shot. Pickford on here has got moaned about for not being able to steer away better shots than that. (@1:30)

On 10/01/2021 at 17:44, Palfy said:

Exactly each to their own, I didn’t see it quite like you Doucoure was a huge improvement on Davies but wasn’t solely the reason we got a grip on the middle of the park, Gomes had someone to take some of the weight he was pretty much on his own for 60 minutes, also James coming off buoyed the team we had more players on prepared to work which stopped Rotherham getting to our defence, so no mate it wasn’t a one man team or change that made the difference, so if you’ve got it recorded take another he played the whole 120 minutes and was still contributing to the end. 
A solid performance imo. 

I didn’t say Doucoure was the only reason we got a grip in midfield but he was a damn sight more effective than either Davies or Gomes combined 

Davies was definitely the worse of the two but Gomes didn’t exactly cover himself in glory either. I’ve come to expect that level of performance from Davie but suppose I was more disappointed in Gomes given the way he started the game and his last 2 substitute cameos

6 people picked him as MotM so it’s all about opinions but I just felt he went missing after the first 15 minutes