IGNORED

Tom Cannon

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

He's on fire. Different level of course but a good platform for him to kick on from next year. 

Either kick on here or make sure we sell for a decent fee with clauses to suit us. With made the wrong choice on far too many of our youngster and they’ve just walked for free - look at Bowler, Kenny, Dowell, even Ledson and Lundstrum - all should have brought more money in. We need to get it right with Cannon, Simms and Dobbin (probably needs a Championship loan) as all are worth a decent fee potentially- Brewster for £23.5m shows what a purple patch can do - I’m not saying we’re getting this kind of money for any of them but if they’re not going to be first team options here, we need to sell while their profile is high.

58 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Either kick on here or make sure we sell for a decent fee with clauses to suit us. With made the wrong choice on far too many of our youngster and they’ve just walked for free - look at Bowler, Kenny, Dowell, even Ledson and Lundstrum - all should have brought more money in. We need to get it right with Cannon, Simms and Dobbin (probably needs a Championship loan) as all are worth a decent fee potentially- Brewster for £23.5m shows what a purple patch can do - I’m not saying we’re getting this kind of money for any of them but if they’re not going to be first team options here, we need to sell while their profile is high.

I've been banging this drum for years.

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

The angle the club have always used is selling these lads for nominal fees, but high sell on fees, to give them the best chance of staying in the game. In tern making us a good option for young talent as we’ll help them get a good career out of the game if they don’t become good enough for the first team. 
I agree that the handful who were championship level could have brought us more money though. Whether it was enough to make a financial difference, I’m not sure. 
The flip side of that is the money we’ve brought in for the likes of Jeffers, Rooney, Rodwell, Barkley and Gordon is what we’ve managed when they are premier league level. 

The real problem is that we’ve not made enough premier league level players over the last decade. 

Championship is a tough league. I wouldn't turn my nose up at any striker doing well down there.

I always think with us it's a case of we bring in too many has beens or senior bench warmers and rob potential kids of 1st team opportunity. I've wanted this to change for years.

You know, like what can Rondon, Muapay etc offer that a kids like Simms, Canon etc can't?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Random thought:  PNE's seasons ends next weekend.  We would still have 3 games left.  Anyone think he should get a spot on the bench for some of those?  Certainly better than two keepers.  He is a youth player so he would not necessarily need to be in the registered squad right?  Anyone know if he would be eligible? 

20 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Random thought:  PNE's seasons ends next weekend.  We would still have 3 games left.  Anyone think he should get a spot on the bench for some of those?  Certainly better than two keepers.  He is a youth player so he would not necessarily need to be in the registered squad right?  Anyone know if he would be eligible? 

I'm sure he'd be a far better option than Maupay.