IGNORED

Rafael Benitez

1 minute ago, MC11 said:

He was far from the problem. A reliable source states a world class defender wants better. 

We are in serious serious trouble under this lunatic. the club is just existing under his tenure. It’s shambolic. He’s lost the dressing room as well it’s very very obvious. 

What reliable sources says he just wants better?

Im not defending Rafa for the shit show today, he was clearly culpable for picking the wrong formation and then refusing to change it until it was far too late

However Rafa  is not to blame for the mess we are in and we simply can’t keep changing managers every two minutes

Its not a lack of effort that is costing us it’s a lack of quality so I don’t think he has lost the dressing room at all

We were shite long before Rafa pitched up and the same people who are refusing to give him a chance are the ones who were saying we need to stop the jobs for the boys and we need to give the players a rocket up the arse  but are then up in arms as soon as that happens

I honestly doubt Pep Guardiola could get a ten out of this lost so I don’t see the point of sacking yet another manager

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

What reliable sources says he just wants better?

Im not defending Rafa for the shit show today, he was clearly culpable for picking the wrong formation and then refusing to change it until it was far too late

However Rafa  is not to blame for the mess we are in and we simply can’t keep changing managers every two minutes

Its not a lack of effort that is costing us it’s a lack of quality so I don’t think he has lost the dressing room at all

We were shite long before Rafa pitched up and the same people who are refusing to give him a chance are the ones who were saying we need to stop the jobs for the boys and we need to give the players a rocket up the arse  but are then up in arms as soon as that happens

I honestly doubt Pep Guardiola could get a ten out of this lost so I don’t see the point of sacking yet another manager

Sorry Duncan. Rafa Benitez is a major major problem. Ancelotti had this squad in the top 6 for 80% of last season. We have lost Sigurdsson from that squad. 

The football is horrendous. The tactics are horrendous. The denial from the man is horrendous. Answer me this…. Could we do any worse? 1 win in 12???

46 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Sorry Duncan. Rafa Benitez is a major major problem. Ancelotti had this squad in the top 6 for 80% of last season. We have lost Sigurdsson from that squad. 

The football is horrendous. The tactics are horrendous. The denial from the man is horrendous. Answer me this…. Could we do any worse? 1 win in 12???

Ancelotti was backed to the hilt in the transfer market yet still resided over the worst ever home record in the clubs history and he didn’t have to deal with half the injury issues we’ve had to important players Rafa has had to so let’s not try to make out we were not shite last season as well

Im not saying Rafa is the man to take us forward but he inherited a shite side and hasn’t been able to spend any money then had a disastrous run of injuries to our most important players so he hasn’t really been given a chance yet 

Who are you going to bring in?

Who the fuck would want the job knowing we have one of the worst squads in the Premiership and can’t sign anyone yet they will likely be sacked after 6 months if we aren’t top of the league ?

We're already in the shit with FFP so sacking managers and paying them off every 6 months is not really the way ahead

Like it or lump I think we are stuck with Rafa for the foreseeable future 

24 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Ancelotti was backed to the hilt in the transfer market yet still resided over the worst ever home record in the clubs history and he didn’t have to deal with half the injury issues we’ve had to important players Rafa has had to so let’s not try to make out we were not shite last season as well

Im not saying Rafa is the man to take us forward but he inherited a shite side and hasn’t been able to spend any money then had a disastrous run of injuries to our most important players so he hasn’t really been given a chance yet 

Who are you going to bring in?

Who the fuck would want the job knowing we have one of the worst squads in the Premiership and can’t sign anyone yet they will likely be sacked after 6 months if we aren’t top of the league ?

We're already in the shit with FFP so sacking managers and paying them off every 6 months is not really the way ahead

Like it or lump I think we are stuck with Rafa for the foreseeable future 

Ancelotti also dealt with a lot of injuries last year and managed to get 59 points. It was a much more harmonious club back then as well wasn’t it??

Whilst dealing with the injuries - Benitez has now fallen out with arguably our best player. Adding more woe’s to a depleted squad. Back room staff are leaving left right and centre. Brands walks. 

Can you not see that Benitez if destructing everything at the club from within. Nobody likes him, he is in constant denial. 

Yes we were shit at home under Carlo last season. But last season right across Europe there was a massive increase in away wins while there was no crowd in. It’s more than just us being shit. 

On Rafa, safest job in the premier league now. Moshiri has gone all in on him, we could be 18th in the league and he would still be safe. 
There is enough quality in our squad to beat the teams that have had a great time over the last few months. I keep hearing we’ve got a shit squad, but so many of our players are good enough to do better than one win in 12 or whatever it is. Because they all manager to do better under previous managers. That’s the worrying bit for me. 
I said when Rafa joined that this would inevitably end in tears, it’s been tears for months. It just won’t end though. 

9 minutes ago, StevO said:

I started to write a sarcastic reply, but just fuck off. Everton being shit, I’m used to it, but this shit? Thought we left it behind in the 90s. 

Steve, I never thought I would ever see a time when I would hate the manager of the club I love. Then we hired Bisto Tits and it became a reality. Then I thought it would never happen again, but here we fucking are!

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Steve, I never thought I would ever see a time when I would hate the manager of the club I love. Then we hired Bisto Tits and it became a reality. Then I thought it would never happen again, but here we fucking are!

Sam Allardyce, Sammy Lee, Rafa Benitez. One day I’ll have to explain this to my kids. 

I know I’m making light of all this, it’s the only way I know how to deal with it, but forget results, he just shouldn’t have been here in the first place. I know we both agree on this Mark, but he just shouldn’t. It was never going to be a happy relationship. Unless he can turn this around very quickly and possibly win the FA Cup I just don’t see it. 

With Brands getting fired and then a load of games cancelled, and then a quick signing, he has had the pressure drop. It’s right back up again. 

Not one for the chop and changing of managers, we do need stability.

Question is though, how many more games can we afford to give him to turn it around? Moshiri’s pride/ego with making the appointment is at stake but we can’t afford this run to continue!

1 in 12 is abysmal and vs Brighton we were negative from the announcing of the team sheet, warning signs were there from the sideways backpass early on that almost led to a chance.

1 hour ago, RPG said:

Our next 6 league games are v Leicester, Norwich, Villa, Newcastle, Leeds and Southampton.  If we don't get at least 10 points from those 6 games then the remaining games to the end of season mean that we will, as usual, have to do it the hard way.

Throw in there we need to play Newcastle and Burnley in the rearranged fixtures too. If Newcastle were to take six points from us it could be terrible. Villa and Leeds being around us gives them a bit of added motivation. It could a horrible run. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He was never, ever the right fit for the job and only an idiot like Moshiri could think it was the right choice.

From the off he didn't have large sections of the fanbase on side because of the past. His footballing style, his tactics, his whole demeanour of never taking any blame, his penchant for having bust ups with players, was never going to win those fans over. He is unpalatable in so many ways. He's even managed to lose some of the fans that were willing to give him a chance at the start because of just how much shit he's served up.

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He was never, ever the right fit for the job and only an idiot like Moshiri could think it was the right choice.

From the off he didn't have large sections of the fanbase on side because of the past. His footballing style, his tactics, his whole demeanour of never taking any blame, his penchant for having bust ups with players, was never going to win those fans over. He is unpalatable in so many ways. He's even managed to lose some of the fans that were willing to give him a chance at the start because of just how much shit he's served up.

Out of interest, who was your choice to take over during the summer? And who would it be now? Irrespective of your personal animus to Benitez, do you think the additons of Gray (long-term), Townsend (short-term), Mykolenko (long-term), Patterson (long-term) are the right way forward? Even if you were super sceptical about who has identified these players, Benitez still has to sign off on them. He gets credit for that. I get you'll never like him, but it would be interesting to hear the direction you would go now (if you were in Moshiri's position). 

3 minutes ago, Formby said:

Out of interest, who was your choice to take over during the summer? And who would it be now? Irrespective of your personal animus to Benitez, do you think the additons of Gray (long-term), Townsend (short-term), Mykolenko (long-term), Patterson (long-term) are the right way forward? Even if you were super sceptical about who has identified these players, Benitez still has to sign off on them. He gets credit for that. I get you'll never like him, but it would be interesting to hear the direction you would go now (if you were in Moshiri's position). 

I really don't know because I don't know who applied for the job. But I do know that going with this choice guaranteed that we'd be looking for a new manager in the not too distant future and that he was never going to be here long-term, which is something we desperately needed. 

You're acting like I have refused to give him any credit when things have gone right, which is simply incorrect. Gray, I have been pleasantly surprised with and that is a big tick in his box. It sounds like he came here because of the personal touch of the manager - Gray said he'd kept in touch with him while he'd been in Germany. Townsend has been exactly what I expected - the odd stand out moment but he'll mostly do nothing for long stretches while always giving effort. In regards to the signings of Mykolenko and potentially Patterson, I have already said that I'm pleased that we're looking at long-term signings.

Did I envision it going this badly? Absolutely not. This is far worse. I want him gone now but I fear he'll be here until the end of the season and we'll be right in the mix for relegation. I'm not confident the manager and his tactics mixed with this set of players will get us out of it. It was a recipe for disaster from the start and I've seen absolutely nothing to change my mind about that.

6 minutes ago, StevO said:

I like him, but doubt he would leave Brighton for us. He heard the booing yesterday. 😂

There was a good interview with Potter and their Director of Football a while back that said that they knew Potter woukd go to a bigger club and would not stand in his way. They have managers to fit their system style of play.

Just now, London Blue said:

There was a good interview with Potter and their Director of Football a while back that said that they knew Potterwoukd go to a bigger club and would not stand in his way. They have managers to fit their system style of play.

Fuck me, a club with a plan and then a back up plan. If we go for Potter we should go for their director of football too, and have people at the club who might work towards improving things. 

It was an absolute shambles yesterday. I did my normal long day to watch that crap. The minute the team was released my son and I just laughed as knew exactly what would happen. I’m just furious I have had to endure Rafa’s stubbornness. Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would have Digne at LB/LWB instead of Coleman in that formation. Im not a fan of Rafa at all but he’s not completely stupid* so he knows this so that leaves me with the only conclusion that he’s put his ego ahead of the team. Not my personal choice but if he wants to freeze Digne out then you don’t play a RB that’s needed replacing for years as LWB with a worse RB coming in. It’s madness and ultimately cost us three points. He’s on a slippery slope.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I really don't know because I don't know who applied for the job. But I do know that going with this choice guaranteed that we'd be looking for a new manager in the not too distant future and that he was never going to be here long-term, which is something we desperately needed. 

You're acting like I have refused to give him any credit when things have gone right, which is simply incorrect. Gray, I have been pleasantly surprised with and that is a big tick in his box. It sounds like he came here because of the personal touch of the manager - Gray said he'd kept in touch with him while he'd been in Germany. Townsend has been exactly what I expected - the odd stand out moment but he'll mostly do nothing for long stretches while always giving effort. In regards to the signings of Mykolenko and potentially Patterson, I have already said that I'm pleased that we're looking at long-term signings.

Did I envision it going this badly? Absolutely not. This is far worse. I want him gone now but I fear he'll be here until the end of the season and we'll be right in the mix for relegation. I'm not confident the manager and his tactics mixed with this set of players will get us out of it. It was a recipe for disaster from the start and I've seen absolutely nothing to change my mind about that.

Sorry, Mark - I didn't mean it to come out that way, but take it as a compliment - I see you as the (somewhat) rational poster boy for the Benitez Out campaign! There are other more evangelical anti-Benitez posters I wouldn't dare engage with 😃. It's all gone a bit Brexit, hasn't it - you're either in or out. I hear what you're saying and can't really argue, but I would certainly give Benitez more time/ games with his own players. He has made mistakes, for sure, but every new manager is going to do that. I absolutely hope he turns it round - for us and for himself. Very tense times.

4 minutes ago, Formby said:

Sorry, Mark - I didn't mean it to come out that way, but take it as a compliment - I see you as the (somewhat) rational poster boy for the Benitez Out campaign! There are other more evangelical anti-Benitez posters I wouldn't dare engage with 😃. It's all gone a bit Brexit, hasn't it - you're either in or out. I hear what you're saying and can't really argue, but I would certainly give Benitez more time/ games with his own players. He has made mistakes, for sure, but every new manager is going to do that. I absolutely hope he turns it round - for us and for himself. Very tense times.

I think the one thing everyone can agree on is that we are an absolute shitshow of a club right now and we all hope that we can find our way out of it. We all have different ideas of how we should go about getting out of it but the crux of it is that we're all on the same side really.

13 minutes ago, Formby said:

Mark? Rational?!