IGNORED

Nathan Patterson

c1982

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Its true! 🤣🤣

He may well be a diamond in the rough but based on that one game it is no surprise he isn't first choice at Rangers.

No he did look a very naive defender in that highlight.

He did okay as far as showing the player inside on his weaker foot… his naivety was not knowing which is his players weaker foot haha. 
I get it still today against experienced players… I’m right footed so the do it to the book and stop me from getting to the by line and crossing. But I can shoot with my left, so it usually leaves them red faced.

In the premier league you need to be able to recognise if the player your facing should be shown inside to shoot on his weaker foot, or force him to the line. That can be learnt with experience.

The positive I would give him, was that he didn’t just jog back into position when beaten, he threw himself at them. That can’t be learnt….. can it Keane, Iwobi, and pretty much 80% of our team.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

He did okay as far as showing the player inside on his weaker foot… his naivety was not knowing which is his players weaker foot haha. 
I get it still today against experienced players… I’m right footed so the do it to the book and stop me from getting to the by line and crossing. But I can shoot with my left, so it usually leaves them red faced.

In the premier league you need to be able to recognise if the player your facing should be shown inside to shoot on his weaker foot, or force him to the line. That can be learnt with experience.

He should be told this before the game by the manager, coach or analysts. Pretty poor to not know the favoured foot of your direct opponent. Maybe Rangers don’t have the same level of analysis that premier league teams would have. If he has been told this info before the game then just an error, but he’s young and I’m sure he’ll learn. 

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

No he did look a very naive defender in that highlight.

The positive I would give him, was that he didn’t just jog back into position when beaten, he threw himself at them. That can’t be learnt….. can it Keane, Iwobi, and pretty much 80% of our team.

I disagree. In the commentry they talk about the player scoring against them that way in the last game. In the first highlight you can see him trying to show him down the line but then he still gets beaten inside.

He looks a bit like agility might be an issue because he gets done like that twice in the highlights.

I don't think there is anything in his attitude to question on what I have seen. Even when he gets beaten inside the second time it is partly because of his eagerness to get out. 

I wonder if todays 3 at the back is going to become a more familiar set up with it looking like we will very shortly have two young lads who are both maybe more familiar playing as wingbacks as they are a conventional backs.  This would make sence in helping both them bed in to a new team. 

7 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I wonder if todays 3 at the back is going to become a more familiar set up with it looking like we will very shortly have two young lads who are both maybe more familiar playing as wingbacks as they are a conventional backs.  This would make sence in helping both them bed in to a new team. 

For fucks sake, I hope not!

12 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Looking at Transfermarkt neither player has played as a wing back for their club.

Patterson played 20 odd minutes as a Right Mid but I imagine that was to shore up the defence than for his attacking capabilities.

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Looking at Transfermarkt neither player has played as a wing back for their club.

Patterson played 20 odd minutes as a Right Mid but I imagine that was to shore up the defence than for his attacking capabilities.

So Kiev and Rangers don’t play with five at the back? Genuine question as I’ve not got the foggiest and don’t want to see us bringing players in to do that. 

The 5 at the back was to cover the fact we were playing with a championship right back and an aging right back at left back, for no other reason than the managers ego and pride.

If Dinge had played we would have had a midfield 3 and had an outside chance of having some control of midfield. 

Rangers play with a back 4.