IGNORED

Nathan Patterson

c1982

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Jeez why are we linked with this fella, he's only played 7 games in their first team.  JJ Kenny would be a better understudy.

No he hasn’t - wiki tells you he’s made 7 league starts for Rangers - he’s played more in other comps etc. He’s even a full international. We don’t need an understudy for Coleman; we need someone who is going to replace him. Kenny is never going to be the replacement, so, if this lad is a serious target, I’m sure our scouts have seen enough in him. Let’s not be dismissive of the Scottish leagues - there’s plenty of quality there. I wish we’d have unearthed John McGinn a few years ago.

9 hours ago, patto said:

It’s to be expected isn’t it what’s annoying is it’s practically 3 yrs now we have needed another RB. 
id rather sign nobody than make the wrong panic buy. 

Which is presumably what the club have been saying themselves for the last 3 years, but at this point Coleman and Kenny are simply not a viable option for a full season.  We know 100% that Coleman is going to pick up an injury.  We know 100% that Kenny isn't going to offer what we need, so we're going to have either a massive liability on the right or we'll pull a Carlo and stick a CB out there and fully eliminate any ability to attack from that side making us, once again, completely left side dominant and one dimensional. 

Presumably the club are more than aware of this fact, so I will be shocked if we don't at least bring in a gamble on loan (again).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I hope the scout's have done their job right with this one. He struggles to break into the Rangers team - admittedly ahead of their captain Tavernier.

According to whoscored he's played under 13 full professional games worth of minutes for club and country.

I don't want to moan at potentially bringing in reinforcements for the RB spot as we've been crying out for one for years, however is a kid who has hardly played much professional football ready to step in and rotate with Coleman who seems to be struggling to compete at this level week in week out? I think we need a player who is ready to step up and go straight into the team.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

think we need a player who is ready to step up and go straight into the team.

In an ideal world, but at proven Premiership level the 'Max Arrons' et al come at premium prices and wages. Which we don't have. 

There is a risk that this lad will take some time and will be inconsistant for 12-18 months and at the end of the day might not even cut the mustard, but that's what around £10m get you - potential.

I would rather see £10m spent on potential than £10m in wages for a player in his 30's. 

Every single transfer comes with some element of risk. Its getting the risk profile right, and this is what the club have been guilty of in the past.

On 13/09/2021 at 13:50, pete0 said:

He can't even get into the Rangers team. Crazy fee for an untried right back.

He is being kept out by James Tavernier who was Rangers player of the season and also Scottish PFA Player of the Year 21 - So when highlighting the fact he is not a starter its worth consider who he is playing second fiddle too.  Tavernier also chipped in with a very respectable 19 goals last season. Not a bad mentor for him. 

Patterson got plenty of kind words when he stepped to the plate and covered Tavernier.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-nathan-pattersons-rangers-credentials-23592518

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Every single transfer comes with some element of risk. Its getting the risk profile right, and this is what the club have been guilty of in the past.

It's about minimising that risk though isn't it? If we signed Patterson, I'd hope it'd be alongside another RB ready for Coleman to step down.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

It's about minimising that risk though isn't it? If we signed Patterson, I'd hope it'd be alongside another RB ready for Coleman to step down.

I wouldn't think we will get anything more beyond Patterson (if we sign him for £10M ish) and Coleman. but you can hope.