IGNORED

Nathan Patterson

c1982

22 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We have also had a series of managers that have selected him as captain. 

There is clearly something in him that they see day in day out that they like rather than the 90mins we see every few days. 

As for Patterson I didn't see the game, but a lot of average players can look good in international games. Im not saying he is average, just making the point. Poland are a decent side but the game would be nowhere near PL level. 

I am very surprised that he hasn't seen more time on the pitch, even coming off the bench to bring a fresh injection to the team. There is something about him that the management dont like at the moment but hopefully that will change as its not like our other options in those positions are undroppable.

The fact he had been selected as a captain doesn’t mean anything really, it more than likely supports the fact that we have a collective bunch of shithouses and he’s the one with the most leadership.  If Gordon had another year under his belt he would be skipper, in fact for me he is the captain.?

let’s face it, that’s probably the only reason Coleman is getting selected cos his defensive work has been shit. His passing has been arguably the worst in the team. 

he’s gonna have the odd game where he proves the doubters wrong but for me the fact that he’s our leader indicates why we lack leadership. 

bringin Patterson in is a big gamble, if we were safe I would be playing him all the time and I’m sure lampard would. He clearly may not be up to it defensively and the potential of him making a mistake that costs us could wreck him. 

On 26/03/2022 at 08:06, Hafnia said:

The fact he had been selected as a captain doesn’t mean anything really, it more than likely supports the fact that we have a collective bunch of shithouses and he’s the one with the most leadership.  If Gordon had another year under his belt he would be skipper, in fact for me he is the captain.?

let’s face it, that’s probably the only reason Coleman is getting selected cos his defensive work has been shit. His passing has been arguably the worst in the team. 

he’s gonna have the odd game where he proves the doubters wrong but for me the fact that he’s our leader indicates why we lack leadership. 

bringin Patterson in is a big gamble, if we were safe I would be playing him all the time and I’m sure lampard would. He clearly may not be up to it defensively and the potential of him making a mistake that costs us could wreck him. 

I think it does mean something. It means they think he is the best man for the job. 

I wouldn't have Gordon anywhere captain. Being captain isn't about working hardest on the pitch. That is the captain you want because it is what you see. The role a club captain plays off the pitch is a far bigger job than what they do in 90 minutes.

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think it does mean something. It means they think he is the best man for the job. 

I wouldn't have Gordon anywhere captain. Being captain isn't about working hardest on the pitch. That is the captain you want because it is what you see. The role a club captain plays off the pitch is a far bigger job than what they do in 90 minutes.

Seamus is clearly doing a great job…. What on earth am I thinking.  Yes, we know what makes a good club captain don’t we…. You can be an amazing club captain and actually have no real influence on the pitch. 

Alan Ball was the same age as Gordon and barked at nobby stiles to “run you bastard” in the World Cup final…. Whilst covering every blade of grass. Why isn’t Gordon ready for captaincy? What is it that Coleman does that he can’t do? 

Alan Ball wasn’t the captain that day but he was every inch a captain in every game he played.  Gordon has the same drive and energy, a young ginger live wire who wants to win and will run his balls off and tell elder pros to do the same. 

let’s be clear here, the only reason that Coleman is in either side is because both sides are very very poor and in the case of Everton he is one of only a few players who don’t look like they aren’t arsed - despite not being worth a shirt.  His retaining of captaincy is purely out of respecf for the player and pro he has been…. Not for what he gives us on the pitch. 

On 25/03/2022 at 16:02, Shukes said:

Lots slating Coleman, but is he really that bad? Honestly think he lives the club and does his best. Might not be the hard bastard captain some want, but he is inspirational to a lot of young players.

Funny…. That clip above is Coleman 5 years ago.

Seamus Coleman led his national team to a home draw against Belgium. He's still a player and captain of immense value, so it's rather unfair to be panning him. On the other hand, it's clear we need to transition a new player to his position, which means phasing Nathan Patterson into the team. That must be done in a careful way, though, given the precarious position we're facing in the league,

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Seamus Coleman led his national team to a home draw against Belgium. He's still a player and captain of immense value, so it's rather unfair to be panning him. On the other hand, it's clear we need to transition a new player to his position, which means phasing Nathan Patterson into the team. That must be done in a careful way, though, given the precarious position we're facing in the league,

From your comments on the Belgium game I can only assume you never saw any of it, Coleman was completely done for their first goal and had a deflection for an own goal for their second, Belgium completely dominated the game from beginning till the end with pretty much a reserve team. I think it’s fair to say most on here recognise his contribution to the team in the past, but this season he hasn’t been anywhere near good enough and deserves the criticism that’s come his way. 

22 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Seamus is clearly doing a great job…. What on earth am I thinking.  Yes, we know what makes a good club captain don’t we…. You can be an amazing club captain and actually have no real influence on the pitch. 

Alan Ball was the same age as Gordon and barked at nobby stiles to “run you bastard” in the World Cup final…. Whilst covering every blade of grass. Why isn’t Gordon ready for captaincy? What is it that Coleman does that he can’t do? 

Alan Ball wasn’t the captain that day but he was every inch a captain in every game he played.  Gordon has the same drive and energy, a young ginger live wire who wants to win and will run his balls off and tell elder pros to do the same. 

let’s be clear here, the only reason that Coleman is in either side is because both sides are very very poor and in the case of Everton he is one of only a few players who don’t look like they aren’t arsed - despite not being worth a shirt.  His retaining of captaincy is purely out of respecf for the player and pro he has been…. Not for what he gives us on the pitch. 

That was a long way to say very little.

I agree that he is captain based on his off the pitch actions. In an ideal world he shouldn't be on the teamsheet anymore except as cover but thats not where we are at the moment shockingly.

Its not just up to Coleman to stand up and be counted on the pitch. That should be every player, captains armband or not and I don't get why you are so obsessed with that.

57 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That was a long way to say very little.

I agree that he is captain based on his off the pitch actions. In an ideal world he shouldn't be on the teamsheet anymore except as cover but thats not where we are at the moment shockingly.

Its not just up to Coleman to stand up and be counted on the pitch. That should be every player, captains armband or not and I don't get why you are so obsessed with that.

A long way to say very little? Pot kettle ffs. You seen your posts??!

I’m not obsessed with that, I’m perplexed that people think he is a good captain - how can you be a good captain and make so many fundamental mistakes? How can you concede possession at a greater rate than the players you are supposed to be leading?  

he is finished and should not be playing. Simple as that. 

On 28/03/2022 at 23:00, Hafnia said:

A long way to say very little? Pot kettle ffs. You seen your posts??!

I’m not obsessed with that, I’m perplexed that people think he is a good captain - how can you be a good captain and make so many fundamental mistakes? How can you concede possession at a greater rate than the players you are supposed to be leading?  

he is finished and should not be playing. Simple as that. 

Hahaha I cant disagree with your first line! At least I can acknowledge it!

Again I repeat, he shouldn't be first choice on the pitch, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be club captain. 

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Hahaha I cant disagree with your first line! At least I can acknowledge it!

Again I repeat, he shouldn't be first choice on the pitch, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be club captain. 

I dunno...  in my opinion if you walk round a hospital wearing a surgeons scrubs you better know what to do if someone collapses in front of you.

I can’t believe this.

We need to find a solution for right back urgently, neither Kenny or Coleman are technically good enough footballers - especially as they are not athletic enough.

Mykolenko did okay last game - showed lots of energy to get up and down. 

• 1 month later...