IGNORED

Nathan Patterson

c1982

There is no getting away from the fact that he had a few difficult moments in that game but what I like about him most is that he doesn't let it effect him. He is either trying to make amends (which he did a couple of times yesterday) or he just dusts himself off and goes again. You never see him hide.

Our problems have not stemmed from any purchases from Benitez time at the club -  As much as I didn't really want him at the club, the players that came in while he was in charge (whether or not they where his choices is another thing) have turned out to be pretty good value for money. 

A massive positive with Patterson is that it wouldn't surprise you if he was a Thelwell/Lampard purchase as he does fit right in to the mould of the character and profile of the players they are looking to build around. 

I know points on the board or team performance wise we might not be exactly be where we would want to be at this very minute (we could even be bottom of the league after then next two rounds of games). But I think like most of us, I can see the jigsaw pieces starting to come together - a solid foundation of an experienced trio of Tarkowsi, Coady and hopefully Gana making us tough to beat and with a young, hunger and high energy team around and in front of them. It could be an exciting group to see develop together and build on over the next couple of seasons.