IGNORED

Nathan Patterson

c1982

On 13/05/2023 at 01:33, RPG said:

There is a bit of Gary Stevens about him. Gary was a winger who became a full back and Patterson shows the same character traits - prime job is defending but loves to get forward and is pretty good when he does. Also quick and loves a tackle.

Im not sure he is that good going forward and Foden showed he isn't that quick either. 

In my opinion his attitude and mentality will take him further than his ability will probably merit. A bit like Seamus!

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Im not sure he is that good going forward and Foden showed he isn't that quick either. 

In my opinion his attitude and mentality will take him further than his ability will probably merit. A bit like Seamus!

Downvoted purely because I think that’s incredibly disrespectful to Seamus. Coleman at his peak was probably the best RB in the Premiership and you don’t get to that level without great ability 

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Downvoted purely because I think that’s incredibly disrespectful to Seamus. Coleman at his peak was probably the best RB in the Premiership and you don’t get to that level without great ability 

Early days, people on here thought he should be a winger because all he has was speed and determination. It took him a while to get to his peak too. 

Bar a couple on here I have not heard or read any pundit blaming Patterson for the Gundogan goal, that first touch off his hip to take on too his weaker side and then to execute the the over head kick in the same movement, would have done any player dead or alive that’s played this game at the highest level. The lad was as good if not better than most of team, some very blinkered people on TT. 

18 hours ago, Bailey said:

What you are underestimating is Fodens pace.  His top speed is up there but his pace over 10 yards is ridiculous and he is clever enough to use it well.

Patterson is a good prospect who is unfortunately being asked to do more than what could be expected. 

11 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

What you are underestimating is Fodens pace.  His top speed is up there but his pace over 10 yards is ridiculous and he is clever enough to use it well.

Patterson is a good prospect who is unfortunately being asked to do more than what could be expected. 

He, and Myko, are also following in the footsteps of club giants. As fans we need to be a lot more patient with them, they're never going to be Coleman or Baines.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

He, and Myko, are also following in the footsteps of club giants. As fans we need to be a lot more patient with them, they're never going to be Coleman or Baines.

Patterson could emulate and eclipse  Coleman, I absolutely believe that he has bags of potential.  Coleman had some awful games for us as a young lad. 

mykolenko won’t get anywhere near baines.  Baines is one of the top 5 left backs in the world from the past 20 years. 

16 hours ago, Matt said:

Early days, people on here thought he should be a winger because all he has was speed and determination. It took him a while to get to his peak too. 

Exactly this. Coleman had the luxury of coming up to speed in the league as a winger. Patterson has been thrown in to a pretty average team as a fullback who has to do a lot of defending. Very different circumstances, I fully expect Patterson to get better and better with each year.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

I agree with being patient, but I don't agree they are destined not to be legends. I have high hopes in Patterson, and I wouldn't write off Mykolenko just yet.

4 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I agree with being patient, but I don't agree they are destined not to be legends. I have high hopes in Patterson, and I wouldn't write off Mykolenko just yet.

Not writing them off, just not comparing their potential against club legends. 

On 14/05/2023 at 20:15, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If you look at Seamus as a player, if you took away that mentality, you are really just left with a player with pace. His technique, his crossing, his defending etc aren't really that great and never have been. 

On 15/05/2023 at 12:28, Palfy said:

Bar a couple on here I have not heard or read any pundit blaming Patterson for the Gundogan goal, that first touch off his hip to take on too his weaker side and then to execute the the over head kick in the same movement, would have done any player dead or alive that’s played this game at the highest level. The lad was as good if not better than most of team, some very blinkered people on TT. 

You can see the distance between them when the ball comes in and he shouldnt be allowed it.

Personally I think people are blinkered by the quality of the finish and ignore the fact he should have beaten Gundogan to the ball in the first place.

55 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If you look at Seamus as a player, if you took away that mentality, you are really just left with a player with pace. His technique, his crossing, his defending etc aren't really that great and never have been. 

You can see the distance between them when the ball comes in and he shouldnt be allowed it.

Personally I think people are blinkered by the quality of the finish and ignore the fact he should have beaten Gundogan to the ball in the first place.

If he was next to Gundogan he would not have stopped the ball getting to him at the height it did when you mark a player in box you get between the player and the goal, you don’t stand in front of the player leaving him with a free run to goal, everything about that goal was Gundogan first touch to try and read or defend that ability is near on impossible. And also he got to Gundogan at the same time as the ball and he was done by a touch of pure quality and a quickness of finish. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2023 at 21:33, Palfy said:

If he was next to Gundogan he would not have stopped the ball getting to him at the height it did when you mark a player in box you get between the player and the goal, you don’t stand in front of the player leaving him with a free run to goal, everything about that goal was Gundogan first touch to try and read or defend that ability is near on impossible. And also he got to Gundogan at the same time as the ball and he was done by a touch of pure quality and a quickness of finish. 

He could have, he should have been tight, he could have either got a foot to it first or been physical enough to stop Gundogan having a better touch. It was nothing like near impossible, its bread and butter. It was poor defending, irrespective of how fantastic the finish was. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

He could have, he should have been tight, he could have either got a foot to it first or been physical enough to stop Gundogan having a better touch. It was nothing like near impossible, its bread and butter. It was poor defending, irrespective of how fantastic the finish was. 

Are you in some sort of time barrier that it takes you 9 days to respond, fuck sake Bailey wake up mate. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/09/2023 at 11:07, Wiggytop said:

Just watched the highlights from yesterday’s game, I think we should give a lot of credit to Patterson for our 2nd goal, his initial pass starts the move and he gets himself in to a good position for the cross which is excellent. Hopefully it will give him some needed confidence.

Not sure if Dyche likes Patterson or Mykolenko definitely doesn’t like Mykolenko 

but he has no option other than use them for now. 
Seamus may move in January