IGNORED

Nathan Patterson

c1982

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Have you seen where the supposed in the know info comes from? 
I know it’s tough at the moment but we all really need to get a grip and not believe everything that is written, the majority by lazy journos.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/transfer-news/former-rangers-stars-agent-blasts-the-suns-totally-made-up-everton-exit-claims/

surprise! surprise!

said it last week, the amount of rubbish that comes out regarding transfers these day is ludicrous.  Got to the point now stuff being printed is not much better than one of us piping up and '..saying we should look at player X..'. Seems to be more transfer 'opinions' rather a 'rumors' with nothing what so ever behind it.

Its just 'headlines' to make us all open article and web pages. No doubt somebody somewhere gets a fraction of a penny for another our pointless 'visit'. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.rangersnews.uk/transfer-news/former-rangers-stars-agent-blasts-the-suns-totally-made-up-everton-exit-claims/

surprise! surprise!

said it last week, the amount of rubbish that comes out regarding transfers these day is ludicrous.  Got to the point now stuff being printed is not much better than one of us piping up and '..saying we should look at player X..'. Seems to be more transfer 'opinions' rather a 'rumors' with nothing what so ever behind it.

Its just 'headlines' to make us all open article and web pages. No doubt somebody somewhere gets a fraction of a penny for another our pointless 'visit'. 

That’s exactly how sites like Goodison News get clicks. It’s no different from the rumours section on TT. 

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fans writing him off? More concerned that the management don't seem that convinced!

Such lazy journalist - saying he has struggling for game time at Everton. 

Lampard came in and there is no way his dropping club Captain Coleman and putting a Patterson in immediately ahead of him, then the lad is injured, just has he might get some starts. Not quite struggling for game time.

He will get plenty of minutes this season if he stays fit.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

Such lazy journalist - saying he has struggling for game time at Everton. 

Lampard came in and there is no way his dropping club Captain Coleman and putting a Patterson in immediately ahead of him, then the lad is injured, just has he might get some starts. Not quite struggling for game time.

He will get plenty of minutes this season if he stays fit.

There is a bit of that but when Coleman was injured before Patterson’s injury, he would play Kenny. Personally I think Lampard got it wrong with Patterson he should have given him more game time before his injury, and if Kenny hadn’t declined his new offer would we still not be seeing him. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

There is a bit of that but when Coleman was injured before Patterson’s injury, he would play Kenny. Personally I think Lampard got it wrong with Patterson he should have given him more game time before his injury, and if Kenny hadn’t declined his new offer would we still not be seeing him. 

Patterson has very little game experience at the higher levels. Always likely to be worked in slowly. I expect this will be the year we transition from Coleman and hopefully next year he will hit the ground as our established first choice RB like Myko has done on the other side. 

55 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Pretty sure Frank said Patterson was lined up to start just before his injury too. 

Regardless, "struggling for game time" is sensationalism for clicks. 

8 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Patterson has very little game experience at the higher levels. Always likely to be worked in slowly. I expect this will be the year we transition from Coleman and hopefully next year he will hit the ground as our established first choice RB like Myko has done on the other side. 

I fully expect Patterson to start the season and the position to become his to lose to Coleman. Hopefully he performs well and Coleman features sporadically when needed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Been quietly impressed with him so far. He hasn't stood out as a superstar by any means, but he also hasn't stood out period. Usually that wouldn't be cause for praise, but for a 20 year old fullback in his first season in the PL, he's looked solid. 

Excited to see him progress

He’s been caught out now and then but you’d expect that at his age and experience. Some good aggressive defending  and a willingness to get forward. Of Patterson and Myko I think Patterson has the higher ceiling.

It just goes back to quality again with him. He isn't adding much going forward and he is also starting to get caught out more regularly with his defensive duties.

I think he is probably on the right path given his age and experience but it would have been nice to be able to introduce him to the first team over the course of the season rather than throw him in at the deep end. 

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It just goes back to quality again with him. He isn't adding much going forward and he is also starting to get caught out more regularly with his defensive duties.

I think he is probably on the right path given his age and experience but it would have been nice to be able to introduce him to the first team over the course of the season rather than throw him in at the deep end. 

So, the alternative being Seamus, who would you pick?

(Not a trick question, just interested)

The first dozen or so games are going to be a real learning curve for this relatively new squad, Patterson is only 4 games into premiership career. We are just going to have to accept that there are going to be teething problem.

In an ideal world, you slowly introduce somebody so young, but Lampard has little option but to put him in and let him learn on the job.