IGNORED

Nathan Patterson

c1982

9 minutes ago, patto said:

Not sure if Dyche likes Patterson or Mykolenko definitely doesn’t like Mykolenko 

but he has no option other than use them for now. 
Seamus may move in January 

To be fair, Myko is nowhere near the level he needs to be. 

Sorry, missed that last bit. Yer wot mate?

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

If Rooney doesn't come to Birmingham... Coleman might leave Everton...

Can you help fill in the blanks please?

Rooney is at DC United but I think he might of been offered the Birmingham City job which if I was Rooney I would stay in the states. 
and rumour is he has approached Seamus for January. 
if it’s true I don’t know. 

7 minutes ago, patto said:

Rooney is at DC United but I think he might of been offered the Birmingham City job which if I was Rooney I would stay in the states. 
and rumour is he has approached Seamus for January. 
if it’s true I don’t know. 

Aaah, if Rooney takes over at Birmingham, he might push for a Coleman bid. 

Gotchya 👍 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Anyone who saw his howler for Scotland last night will now know why he hasn’t been starting games for us

It's a bad mistake but it's not like others who have played at RB for us haven't cost us goals and made mistakes this season.

If they'd been solid and dependable then I totally get why Patterson would have his opportunities limited.

If he wasn't going to play then he should have been loaned out to iron out his kinks. Fuck keeping him around for numbers because Dyche prefers playing a fucking boxer at RB ahead of him.

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Anyone who saw his howler for Scotland last night will now know why he hasn’t been starting games for us

When he has played for us and Scotland he isn’t making those mistakes on regular basis, so I dispute that last night’s mistake has any bearing on why he isn’t playing for us in front of Godfrey. 

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's a bad mistake but it's not like others who have played at RB for us haven't cost us goals and made mistakes this season.

If they'd been solid and dependable then I totally get why Patterson would have his opportunities limited.

If he wasn't going to play then he should have been loaned out to iron out his kinks. Fuck keeping him around for numbers because Dyche prefers playing a fucking boxer at RB ahead of him.

Totally agree and think a loan would be best for all parties. He reminds me a bit of Seamus Coleman when he first came over, played him RM as he wasn’t trusted defensively then loaned to Blackpool and the rest is history

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

When he has played for us and Scotland he isn’t making those mistakes on regular basis, so I dispute that last night’s mistake has any bearing on why he isn’t playing for us in front of Godfrey. 

I dispute your dispute that he doesn’t make those mistakes regularly( tbf it might be his first brain fart for Scotland ). I still have nightmares about the Brighton game when they tonked us at Goodison and he tried to intercept a through ball for Mitoma that he had absolutely no chance of making and ended up giving him a clear run at goal which he duly scored from

I think at the moment he is a liability defensively, not saying others aren’t but Dyche is clearly trying all options to find a solution ( not sure why Seamus isn’t the answer) . Several managers have looked at him and all have decided he isn’t ready to be starting 

I do like him  and think there is a player in there somewhere but he has a lot to learn on the defensive side of his game, especially positionally

58 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I dispute your dispute that he doesn’t make those mistakes regularly( tbf it might be his first brain fart for Scotland ). I still have nightmares about the Brighton game when they tonked us at Goodison and he tried to intercept a through ball for Mitoma that he had absolutely no chance of making and ended up giving him a clear run at goal which he duly scored from

I think at the moment he is a liability defensively, not saying others aren’t but Dyche is clearly trying all options to find a solution ( not sure why Seamus isn’t the answer) . Several managers have looked at him and all have decided he isn’t ready to be starting 

I do like him  and think there is a player in there somewhere but he has a lot to learn on the defensive side of his game, especially positionally

Agree but the only way to learn is to give him a run. I'm still hoping this is all to develop him more behind the scenes. 

12 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Not a great moment & it started with his poor touch however he made a great recovery run to win the ball back. Once he had the ball back he was pressed by 2 players. What the CB closest to him, offers no movement or help in that situation. Whilst it’s not a good moment for Patto, that CB could have dropped 5 yards to offer a simple out ball but didn’t. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had to laugh at Dyche throwing the lad to the wolves tonight and then him being saved from it by picking up an injury.

Then I grimaced at the thought that it probably means we'll be watching Godfrey and Young renew their partnership at the weekend.

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I had to laugh at Dyche throwing the lad to the wolves tonight and then him being saved from it by picking up an injury.

Then I grimaced at the thought that it probably means we'll be watching Godfrey and Young renew their partnership at the weekend.

No one will convince me that what went on in Portugal hasn't destroyed this team.

"oh yeah it's a slap on the back of the head, just a joke everyone blowing it out of proportion"

it was clear that Dyche didn't fancy the lad, regardless - you do not smack/slap a player on the back of the head.

i will repeat the same question - would Dyche do the same to a big Dunc character?  - no chance.  Why? - cos a no nonsense bloke would get up and chin you for doing it. 

Dyche doing that has basically insulted Patterson in front of his teammates - watch any podcast on YouTube with ex players, they do not take disrespect lightly. A manager putting himself in a situation where he has to apologise to players in front of others is the end..... it's game over. 

he never had anywhere near enough credit in the bank to get away with this.

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Same. Nothing to lose now so I’ll give the lad some minutes.

Hope it’s not a serious injury though.