IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

6 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Thought Allan was pretty effective after coming on, Gomes looked positive until he picked up his yellow, and Doucoure has talent he's just fallen off a bit as of late.

To say there's absolutely no quality is pretty ludicrous. There's just no depth. Hoping Onyango can continue to show quality

Doucoure for all his running and energy can’t pass a ball absolutely dreadful. Gomes is like a ballet dancer in there, too lightweight. Allan I like but legs gone. 

Now take McGinn from Villa. That’s a proper player. Clever, aggressive and hungry he stuck it right on us from the start and we shit. We are so weak in the middle of the park it’s ludicrous you think otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Doucoure for all his running and energy can’t pass a ball absolutely dreadful. Gomes is like a ballet dancer in there, too lightweight. Allan I like but legs gone. 

Now take McGinn from Villa. That’s a proper player. Clever, aggressive and hungry he stuck it right on us from the start and we shit. We are so weak in the middle of the park it’s ludicrous you think otherwise. 

I do think we need to upgrade the midfield substantially in the summer. I was debating your statement of "absolutely no quality in the midfield." That's simply not true.

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

I do think we need to upgrade the midfield substantially in the summer. I was debating your statement of "absolutely no quality in the midfield." That's simply not true.

Last time I respond to your posts. Defo a WUM. On block list. 

I thought our midfield held up well against Villa's for energy and workrate but it just lacks quality on the ball. I think you need that 3rd player with the quality to get on the ball and do something with the likes of Allan and Doucoure behind doing their thing.

We need more. Don’t know who can give it to us, but I don’t think it’s Duncan. 
The intensity in Gerrard’s team is so much more than ours. Their midfield shut us down in packs, they knew our play was to go down the wings and the midfield backed up the full backs. This isn’t world class players, this is being organised and putting a plan to action. We need that. 

13 minutes ago, StevO said:

The intensity in Gerrard’s team is so much more than ours. Their midfield shut us down in packs, they knew our play was to go down the wings and the midfield backed up the full backs. This isn’t world class players, this is being organised and putting a plan to action. We need that. 

💯 this Villa hunted us down from the 1st whistle to the last. Mcginn’s first couple of tackles set the tone and as you say that was more desire than ability. 

1 hour ago, MC11 said:

Mina

Left field shout that but what do I know?

5 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Was it true Duncan put money behind the bar at the Winslow? Free pints for fans? 

Yep the Winslow tweeted about it, and the commentator on my feed said it was "all the local pubs" but no idea if that's true.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

2 hours ago, MC11 said:

💯 this Villa hunted us down from the 1st whistle to the last. Mcginn’s first couple of tackles set the tone and as you say that was more desire than ability. 

I honestly didn’t think Villa were any better than us today, both sides grafted but not much in the way of quality

A draw would have been a fair result, the difference once again was our inability to defend set pieces

Has anyone watched enough of Derby to know if Rooney would add much more in terms of tactical nous compared to Ferguson? 

My worry is that it will be much the same in terms of effort and determination but we will still end up with the inability or plan to break teams down.

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We’re doomed. 

Other reports say we are not interested in him. 

It will be Rooney, and that's who I want, we need a manager with a real connection to the club, who the fans, players, and club can rally behind. 

Rooney and Ferguson would be ideal for where we are now, there is something to be said for having a management team evolving with a new team.

17 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Other reports say we are not interested in him. 

It will be Rooney, and that's who I want, we need a manager with a real connection to the club, who the fans, players, and club can rally behind. 

Rooney and Ferguson would be ideal for where we are now, there is something to be said for having a management team evolving with a new team.

Ferguson should be nowhere another new management set up but I’ve accepted that he has a job for life here no matter what so I’m sure that whoever comes in will be lumbered with him, may as well be another blue I suppose.

4 hours ago, MC11 said:

I’d have him in our team in a heartbeat though. He’s a little prick but he works his arse off! 

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I honestly didn’t think Villa were any better than us today, both sides grafted but not much in the way of quality

A draw would have been a fair result, the difference once again was our inability to defend set pieces

We worked hard, but I didn’t see much in our play. They were just a whole lot more organised than us, they had a plan and it worked well. I don’t think either side would complain about a draw, but they took one of their chances and we never. But they looked like a decent side, I don’t think we were enough of a threat. 

We played better when we had Doucoure and Alan in midfield, although we would be even better with a midfield 3 but then you have to leave Grey, Gordon or Richy out.

Richy and DCL lack match fitness and sharpness, that will come with games, and with Grey, Gordon and Richy we have 3 attacking players who will create chances.

We need a midfielder like Alan / Doucoure to cover.