IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

On 17/01/2022 at 09:13, RuffRob said:

even if we go down under Martinez? which is not in the realms of fantasy.

It quite feasible that the cure could quite easily be worse than the disease. We are going to now find out in the goodness of time.

Relegation under Benitez was basically assured.

Will Duncan Ferguson’s criminal record have an impact on the decision to hire him as a permanent manager?

He couldn’t travel to the US for Pre-Season.  Possibly not able to enter other countries. Ok I get that doesn’t stand for the PL but will it go against him? 

7 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Will Duncan Ferguson’s criminal record have an impact on the decision to hire him as a permanent manager?

He couldn’t travel to the US for Pre-Season.  Possibly not able to enter other countries. Ok I get that doesn’t stand for the PL but will it go against him? 

Probably not, I know it's Scotland but I think it was Livingston who hired a manager who had been to jail for fraud. 

He's a free man and has been rehabilitated, so I think it would be against what the justice system stands for to suddenly block him from being a manager. 

Of course the US is different, and I'm sure he wouldn't be allowed on a US Tour. Not a massive stumbling block IMO considering how much time we spend over there. 

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Probably not, I know it's Scotland but I think it was Livingston who hired a manager who had been to jail for fraud. 

He's a free man and has been rehabilitated, so I think it would be against what the justice system stands for to suddenly block him from being a manager. 

Of course the US is different, and I'm sure he wouldn't be allowed on a US Tour. Not a massive stumbling block IMO considering how much time we spend over there. 

Unfortunately having a criminal record does still affect people being in employment even 20/30 years on. I’d be very surprised if this hasn’t been brought up. 

2 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Unfortunately having a criminal record does still affect people being in employment even 20/30 years on. I’d be very surprised if this hasn’t been brought up. 

Games in the US are PR/money making exercises; mean nothing when it comes down to it, no reason a manager couldn't delegate and follow virtually. Don't see it as an issue.

Mate of mine, dozy bugger, flew to the States many moons ago and got asked at immigration if he had any record and owned up to a fine for weed posession in his teens, refused entry.

2 hours ago, MC11 said:

Shocking form. To think people still wanted to give him time. He could well have completely ruined us. 

Sacking him midway through a season with no real plan in place could well ruin us. This is particularly true if we hire a manager with little/no experience at this level. Don’t really have time for somebody who needs training wheels. 

4 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Getting healthier and the addition of new players. 

Here is the thing. If you bring in Rafa and give him no money to work with you have to know how it’s gonna go if we perform poorly early on. I can’t believe that those doing the hiring could be that naive that they wouldn’t know what the reaction from the supporters would be. So logically you do 1 of 2 things. A. Don’t hire him and bring in someone with less baggage who will be given a chance by the supporters if we start badly or B. Stick with Rafa, knowing the heat that might generate until he’s given an opportunity to have a real window, clear out those who don’t want to be here or shouldn’t be here etc…

The club chose option C. Hire a controversial manager and then abandon ship as soon as the scenario that anyone could see coming from a mile off came to be. Regardless of what you think of Rafa, the club handled this terribly. Again, I refuse to believe they couldn’t see a situation like this as a real possibility so I’m going to guess they just lost their nerve and caved.

Although we only paid 1.7m for Gray he is potentially at £30m player (he is now anyway) if we’d spent £30m on him would you still be giving Rafa the benefit of the doubt? 

What’s going to stop us going down is the players that are coming back from injuries not the next manager in charge, when we have a pretty much fully fit squad we have winners in the team the first 6 or so games are testament to this. Personally I never believed we were in danger of relegation under Benitez, I except he may never of played the style of football with a fully fit squad that we craved which in time would have got him the sack, yet I would have given him 12-18 months to prove us wrong. Sacking him now imo has made the next half of the season a lot harder than if he had stayed, but we now have pretty much all the players available who will keep us up. 

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Fucking hell.

If the squad want Ferguson (although not sure how a journalist knows this) the it should be a bit of no brainer to give him a crack until the end of the season. Half the battle with this team is getting them to put the effort it. 

6 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

If the squad want Ferguson (although not sure how a journalist knows this) the it should be a bit of no brainer to give him a crack until the end of the season. Half the battle with this team is getting them to put the effort it. 

No it shouldn't. I constantly hear how these players have seen off 5 or 6 managers and then you read this article that those same players then want the next manager to be someone that's their fucking friend. What a surprise!

May as well have just kept the sangria swiller and saved on the compo because going with him until the end of the season would be disastrous.

I can't be fucking arsed with this club. You've got the romantic dick head, Kenwright, wanting to bring back Roberto fucking Martinez. The loaded buffoon, Moshiri, clearly still has starry eyes and his lunacy is all over the talk of Mourinho being under consideration. And then this stupid shit about the players thinking they should have a fucking say.

I wish they'd all go off somewhere and fuck each other instead of fucking Everton because I'm done with them all.

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

No it shouldn't. I constantly hear how these players have seen off 5 or 6 managers and then you read this article that those same players then want the next manager to be someone that's their fucking friend. What a surprise!

May as well have just kept the sangria swiller and saved on the compo because going with him until the end of the season would be disastrous.

I can't be fucking arsed with this club. You've got the romantic dick head, Kenwright, wanting to bring back Roberto fucking Martinez. The loaded buffoon, Moshiri, clearly still has starry eyes and his lunacy is all over the talk of Mourinho being under consideration. And then this stupid shit about the players thinking they should have a fucking say.

I wish they'd all go off somewhere and fuck each other instead of fucking Everton because I'm done with them all.

And there was me getting the impression that Benitez was the main casue of our problems and by sacking him it would somehow all be better.

Ferguson knows who the real pricks and slackers are in this squad and can immediately fuck them off to one side. The biggest thing I was impressed with when Ferguson took control for a few games was him hooking Moise Kean after bring him on. He had that arrogent pricks number, and took none of his shit.

Ferguson didnt really float my boat to start with, and having heard the names of Martinez and Mourinio banded about, I will have Ferguson ahead of them in a fucking heart beat. 

4 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

And there was me getting the impression that Benitez was the main casue of our problems and by sacking him it would somehow all be better.

Ferguson knows who the real pricks and slackers are in this squad and can immediately fuck them off to one side. The biggest thing I was impressed with when Ferguson took control for a few games was him hooking Moise Kean after bring him on. He had that arrogent pricks number, and took none of his shit.

Ferguson didnt really float my boat to start with, and having heard the names of Martinez and Mourinio banded about, I will have Ferguson ahead of them in a fucking heart beat. 

You'd think being the assistant manager to so many different managers he'd have been able to let them know before now. You know, being this influential and strong-willed fella that he is.

If the players are the ones that want him then it's not because he's going to fuck them off to one side is it? Turkeys don't vote for Christmas. These players shouldn't be pandered to. You liked that the sacked one didn't pander to Digne so I'm not sure why you're completely on board with this.

If he's given the job until the end of the season we either go down or we change manager again before the season is out. Duncan Ferguson would be one of my very last choices to take charge for an extended period of time and I hope that the club don't shoot themselves in the foot by going down that road.

Again, give him the Villa game to get us to the break and then get a proper manager in. Someone where it's actually conceivable that they'll keep us in this division and not just continue the downward spiral.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You'd think being the assistant manager to so many different managers he'd have been able to let them know before now. You know, being this influential and strong-willed fella that he is.

If the players are the ones that want him then it's not because he's going to fuck them off to one side is it? Turkeys don't vote for Christmas. These players shouldn't be pandered to. You liked that the sacked one didn't pander to Digne so I'm not sure why you're completely on board with this.

If he's given the job until the end of the season we either go down or we change manager again before the season is out. Duncan Ferguson would be one of my very last choices to take charge for an extended period of time and I hope that the club don't shoot themselves in the foot by going down that road.

Again, give him the Villa game to get us to the break and then get a proper manager in. Someone where it's actually conceivable that they'll keep us in this division and not just continue the downward spiral.

I am really at a loss to what you where expecting this club to do once they caved in and sacked Benitez after essentially putting their eggs in one basket and backing him. 

You know you are talking about a bunch of baffoon from your earlier post. 

I agree, now there is a real risk of us going down with the currently situation we are in. 

But this current situation is what many had wanted.

56 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I am really at a loss to what you where expecting this club to do once they caved in and sacked Benitez after essentially putting their eggs in one basket and backing him. 

You know you are talking about a bunch of baffoon from your earlier post. 

I agree, now there is a real risk of us going down with the currently situation we are in. 

But this current situation is what many had wanted.

I think the anti Benetiz fans foresaw this situation - doesn’t mean they wanted it.

I was willing to give him a chance, I don’t want him gone for his liverpool connections but for his absolute shit, dire tactics.