IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

19 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

I'm of a generation that respected loyalty. OK, things are very different now. Privileged to meet Alan Ball and believe him when he said leaving us was the biggest wrench to him personally.

Still left though didn’t he 😂 assuming for the same reason you don’t want Ferguson, Rooney or any other manager that has left a club as player or manager in their career?

Hibbo or Ossie it is then. 

5 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Lampard leaving Derby when Chelsea called is the same situation as both Moyes and Ancelotti going. I don't think Lampard would stick around if a 'bigger' club went after him.

If he's (or anyone is) successful enough to warrant a "bigger" club coming after him we'll be in a much better place when he leaves than we are now.

7 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Lampard leaving Derby when Chelsea called is the same situation as both Moyes and Ancelotti going. I don't think Lampard would stick around if a 'bigger' club went after him.

They would only go for him if he did a great job at Everton, as would be the case with any manager we get. 

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

If he's (or anyone is) successful enough to warrant a "bigger" club coming after him we'll be in a much better place when he leaves than we are now.

1 minute ago, StevO said:

They would only go for him if he did a great job at Everton, as would be the case with any manager we get. 

Another manager hunt again but I suppose we'd have a few better options and not have to scrape the barrel.

3 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

Why would we want cannavaro hasn't really coached anyone of note

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’d rather he play at the back than be in the dugout. Don’t doubt for one minute he’d still get in our team! 😂

We won't have learnt a thing from taking a manager who was last managing in China...

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

I'm not sure it is the same. I can't say for sure but I think the fact that he played for Chelsea for so long meant it was a job he couldn't turn down. Would be the same for Rooney coming here. 

On 18/01/2022 at 08:04, dunlopp9987 said:

Jesus this is just lazy journalism. They're throwing any name they can think of into the hat.

No experience coaching in Europe, never going to happen

Well this was in response to an article naming Cannavaro as a candidate. Guess it wasn't lazy journalism...

Either way, please god no. Has no European coaching experience and you're gonna throw him into this disaster of a club, in the middle of a crisis?

9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Dunc should not be given the rest of the season. The only way I'd be on board with the idea is if we go on a stretch of good enough results that would put us over the relegation threshold, thus allowing us to take our time to select a manager to come in during the summer.

12 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

The highlight of his managerial career to date is that he managed a team in the Chinese second tier? That's equivalent to John O'Groats Juniors.

Is it? Seems like he won the 2nd tier title but also finished 2nd in the top tier. I'd rather finish 2nd in the Orem than win the championship. 

stilL, I think we are aligned that we wouldn't want him here.

I have to say I am completely torn...not over the names per say but the type of direction to go in. This feels like it is one of the most defining moments of our recent history. If we screw this up we really could be relegated. It's his own mess but I really hope he takes some of the winter break to do proper due diligence and maybe consult some people rather than make a rash decision (we can dream!)