IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

7 hours ago, Btay said:

Exactly this. If we can get his classic hard work, team ethic and defensive organisation in to the performances early - I’ll be happy.

We’re never going to our score or attack our way out of relegation but if we pick up draws away & win the games we should win at home we can get out of this still.

I’m interested in seeing what he can do though once he gets the foundation laid.

Just get him in so he can start his work asap.

I try and cling on to posts like this for why it's going to work but I can't help but think why did not one other club in danger go near him? Why did none of those clubs think his way could save them?

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I try and cling on to posts like this for why it's going to work but I can't help but think why did not one other club in danger go near him? Why did none of those clubs think his way could save them?

Because they all had a plan in place. We sack first, plan later. We should be looking at potential managers all year round, regardless of performance. But we don’t think that far ahead and then take what people can call an easy or safe option. 

15 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Honestly mate I think we’re truly fucked and certain for relegation but also am searching for 1% chance to fester some optimism.

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He’s a man manager, that is clear. He had Joey Barton behaving himself and had Barton’s respect, Troy Deeney credits Dyche with turning his career and life around. 

on the basis of those two things alone I think he would shake the malaise out of players like doucoure, gana.

for me there is some obvious low hanging fruit that he will identify quickly.   

1. nowhere patterns of play, our players seemingly pass for passings sake, we allow the opponents time to create lines to break through and we have no creativity to break the lines and cross ball into a box with no one there.   Dyche will get us up the field quicker and not allow teams to get shape, it may be long pings by Pickford or tarks and DCL, Onana winning balks with others getting second balls. 

2. defence. We are weak at full back. I think godfrey will move to left back. But right back? I’m actually thinking iwobi…. Crazy as it sounds. With tarks and Keane two players he knows in the middle. Tarks could bring the best out of Keane. 

3. stupidity.  How many goals do we concede from losing ball in advanced positions?  Gray culpable a fair bit, extra passes from gana to opposing players. That should be addressed. Play the percentages. 

4. strikers. Dcl won’t play the lone striker any more. Whether it’s cos he thinks he’s a fox in the box now or doesn’t want to get injured, he simply has to do more. Get a partner like Gyökeres for him and go 442. Simple and hopefully we have enough 

7 minutes ago, StevO said:

Because they all had a plan in place. We sack first, plan later. We should be looking at potential managers all year round, regardless of performance. But we don’t think that far ahead and then take what people can call an easy or safe option. 

Imagine it “thanks for the 50 page report Kevin, not got through all of it as I was on the tour of bramley Moore, who’s tadesco? I’ve never heard of him so he’s out, there’s another two names I can’t pronounce so that’s a non starter, listen, I heard Sean dyche saying nice things about us on the radio a few weeks back and Sam Allardyce said he can see what’s wrong in the club and of course, no one knows the club more than Moyes….. there’s your shortlist mate, Kia has a few names so moshiri will want you to consider them but I don’t like them even though I don’t know anything about them.” 

im ok with dyche as it happens, but his appointment won’t be because of due diligence and robust processes, we will hopefully got lucky. 

7 minutes ago, StevO said:

They think he'd be a terrible appointment too? Gotcha.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think its just because he is an unfancied name. He is unfairly lumped in with Allardyce quite a lot as a prehistoric English manager when he is very different. 

Personally though I couldn't give a toss what these other clubs think and do. I think he is the right man at the right time for us. I think he offers stability that others wont.

Whether that is enough is a different story but I hope we dont go on to regret not getting him in sooner.

30 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think its just because he is an unfancied name.

Bailey, Southampton went with Nathan Jones. It's fuck all to do with his name.

Rather than go with the experience of Dyche when they are sat at the bottom of the league they went with an absolute nobody who had failed when he left Luton and had to go running back there.

Bournemouth went with their caretaker manager who had never managed before rather than go with his experience.

Forest stuck with their manager.

Villa went with actual quality in Emery, so fair play to them for having something about them.

Usually I don't pay attention to what other clubs do but when no one has touched him with a barge pole since he was sacked by Burnley, and he'd have been lucky to even be last on the list when clubs have been looking for a new manager, that is a worry.

While you hope we don't regret we waited too long to get him, I'll be hoping we don't regret getting him at all and being left with another load of shite we can't sell.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Rather than go with the experience of Dyche when they are sat at the bottom of the league they went with an absolute nobody who had failed when he left Luton and had to go running back there.

Bournemouth went with their caretaker manager who had never managed before rather than go with his experience.

Villa went with actual quality in Emery, so fair play to them for having something about them.

Usually I don't pay attention to what other clubs do but when no one has touched him with a barge pole since he was sacked by Burnley, and he'd have been lucky to even be last on the list when clubs have been looking for a new manager, that is a worry.

While you hope we don't regret we waited too long to get him, I'll be hoping we don't regret getting him at all and being left with another load of shite we can't sell.

I disagree to an extent. Nathan Jones is known as an up and coming manager and he has done really well at Luton. He is hotter property than Allardyce Mk 2. Its the same reason we went after Lampard over other experienced managers. 

Bournemouth will regret not changing but O'Neill was doing well (for them) at the time. They arent the first club to make that mistake.

Forest had faith in Cooper and good on them. With so many signings it was always going to take time to settle down.

The other theme with these clubs is they generally want to try and play football. The perception is Dyche doesnt. I cant remember the last we did and bar Maupay, we bought players who lack in the technique category. 

Lots of teams passed up Howe for a long time too (different reasons) and he probably wouldn't have been a fit for a lot of those clubs either. 

I just think there is something about Dyche and this squad that fits. I am not exactly a Dyche fan but I can see the merits in his style of play and how he could get more out of this squad than Lampard did and I expect Dyche would have got more points in those last two games.

3 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I do worry about the long-term with Dyche. I can’t predict the future, but I’m worried we’ll go down and be stuck with him (not that it would be his fault). Yes, he got Burnley up, but we’re not Burnley. 

Exactly. We've got a better squad now than they ever had. He'll get them to show it. 

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The exact same think happened with Eddie Howe. Associated with a smaller team the punched above their weight, but eventually went down.  He was out of work for around 18months and was overlooked by team after team, including Everton.

A few in football have been surprised that Dyche has been overlooked. Maybe him being overlooked may turn out to our advantage. He will be hungry to prove to people that he is not a one trick pony with Burnley.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Exactly. We've got a better squad now than they ever had. He'll get them to show it. 

Maybe player for player compared to Burnley’s teams, but our players also rarely complement each other. We’ll see. Happy to be proven wrong obviously. 

54 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

The exact same think happened with Eddie Howe. Associated with a smaller team the punched above their weight, but eventually went down.  He was out of work for around 18months and was overlooked by team after team, including Everton.

A few in football have been surprised that Dyche has been overlooked. Maybe him being overlooked may turn out to our advantage. He will be hungry to prove to people that he is not a one trick pony with Burnley.

Let’s see what sort of players he brings in then. Let’s see what sort of football he plays.

My feeling is that it will be exactly as it’s always been because that’s who he is. Much like when the biggest gravy fan was our manager and loads said he only played shit football because he had to. That turned out to be a load of bollocks.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Let’s see what sort of players he brings in then. Let’s see what sort of football he plays.

My feeling is that it will be exactly as it’s always been because that’s who he is. Much like when the biggest gravy fan was our manager and loads said he only played shit football because he had to. That turned out to be a load of bollocks.

My feeling is that given Dyche will have had three maybe 4days at the club, and we look like a poison challis to a lot of potential targets - for example it appear the the Sheff Utd lad turned us down already, think there will be a lot of this. I think Dyche or any other manager is going to pretty compromised in the players he can bring in. Bit like Lampard last January - Alli and VDB, he had no time to consider the squad he has - I imagine Lampards choice was these two or nothing. Think its going to be fairly similar for Dyche. 

I know what you said about Allardyce's football, but baring the occasional performance we have be served up some pretty grim football to watch by all managers since (and with less progress up the table) - even under Ancelotti the football wasn't a great watch, more so in his last 4-5month - he didn't steadily improve the footballing side of our game.

For the next 18months while are FFP is still over our heads - I will just accept effective football for now.

I have no doubt there are a lot of time who are going to be catching us up with FFP hot potato. Top 6, Villa, Hammers, Newcastle all can't get European and in particular CL football year after year. As we know the pigeons eventually come home to roost.

We need to be in survival mode until we can get in to our new home and steadily rebuild our reputation and a more sustainable financial model. FFP has proved just having a rich owner willing to spend only goes so far and then it simply runs our of legs, then you are on the back foot for two or three years.

Just need to stay in the Premiership - by hook or by crook. 

13 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It certainly won't be pretty football but I expect it will be more effective football than Lampard served up.

• MikeO locked this topic