IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

if this was the start of the season I'd be pretty excited for seeing what Davide Ancelotti could bring.  He's been highly talked of as assistant and coach to his dad and is supposed to be very smart tactically.  Like Arteta, he didn't go into a high profile job with any managerial experience but had plenty working under one of the best.

At this point in time it seems like a really risky move, his lack of experience in management really goes against him and i'm sure he's never seen the bottom of a league table anywhere he's been!

Having worked at the club he does at least know what he's letting himself in for and unlike his dad would probably not quickly desert us.  If we were relegated then he would have a chance to overhaul and change things to how he wants the team to work.

He has an amazing CV for a 33 year old assistant!  Bayern, Napoli, Real Madrid, PSG (fitness coach) and Everton!

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1645776/davide-ancelotti-qa-everton-has-everything-to-compete-at-the-top-level

--

I'd be well up for seeing what he can do but I do think our best chance of survival is with Dyche.

Bielsa is the exciting, risky, yeah we're gonna see fab exciting footy appointment.

Dyche is the understandable appointment given the circumstances.

But like many of you have touched on, it really shows that, despite Moshiris words in that interview, we really still haven't got a system or plan in place.

Two polar opposite managers being considered tells its own story

This fuckin forum and these spaces...wtf?!

Looks likely to be Dyche. I think the football world is a bit unfair to Dyche. Just because he's not got the smooth foreign look. He did a real good job at Burnley and only started to struggle because he had absolutely fuck all to spend. His overall net spend was about £8mill per year over 10years. Since 2019 it was £4mill. FOUR million. In the Premiership!!! You can't rejuvenate an Aging squad with that sort of money.

5 minutes ago, RPG said:

I have nothing against Dyche and think he is the more likely manager to keep us up. The problem may come next season when the board decide to sack him pre season and try to go the Hollywood manager route again. Dyche is a necessary fire fighting appointment but if he keeps us up, where does that leave us next season? Likely another manager coming in and inheriting a yet more disjointed squad of players and being told there is no money to spend.

If we are getting Dyche can we at the very least give him the opportunity to build his own team! That may take a couple of seasons given the FFP restrictions we continue to face.

There’s no FFP in the championship so Dyche will have plenty of support 

Dyche will be no nonsense, he will have allies in tarkowski, Keane, mcneil. 

442 will be the order of the day and he will be looking at getting another striker to play with dcl and he will demand more from dcl. His days of being a “goalscorer” will be reverted back to the player we seen before he started his “I’m not running I’ll stay and wait for the ball to get to me”. 

35 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Bielsa is the exciting, risky, yeah we're gonna see fab exciting footy appointment.

But like many of you have touched on, it really shows that, despite Moshiris words in that interview, we really still haven't got a system or plan in place.

I read it like you were really putting thought into what you wanted to write.  😅

The concern for me is if bielsa has turned us down because he needs the summer is:-

1. he is a man of integrity and won’t just sign on the line for cash, it has to be right. And therefore is a great candidate who if we moved in November may have agreed to change us given the 6 weeks we had. But we allowed lampard to carry on after 2 sackable defeats. 

2. He seen he needed time to change our style, we knew he needed time to change style, yet we were still trying to get him.

there is a clear issue in the decision making in the club. It’s a good job bielsa is a good man. 

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Hopefully, Dyche's system won't allow such spaces! 

I Said yesterday it would be Dyche but didn't think it would de announced till Monday, glad to see he has an extra couple of days to get things sorted.

He's got some bottle to take it on with the next couple of games coming up, welcome and good look.

If it is to be Dyche then I’ll obviously back him. 
It’s the most uninspiring appointment since you know who.
And he may well keep us up, who knows 🤷

Just when I wanted a spark and something to get behind we’ve settled for something quite the opposite. 
Grind out results and look forward to barely staying up each season. 

Happy to be proved wrong of course, but someone else said, by November this forum will be flooded with complaints about the style. 

All a bit ‘meh’ ……… but that’s more about Everton in general than anything else I suppose 

On 26/01/2023 at 11:16, RuffRob said:

I think its inevitable we are going to lost more that we win - it's the state of the place and the playing squad.

At the moment and maybe next season as well, we need a manager who can get this team punching above out weight - as in the last 18months our weight is 'relegation battle'.

He is somebody who has definitely served his time at a smaller club and earn his spurs as a Premiership manager. This probably what Lampard lacked - the hard yards behind him. 

https://trainingground.guru/articles/sean-dyche-building-burnley-and-beyond

He talks a little about his style and tactic at about 39min. We have only really ever seen him in the Burnley dug out, so its actually very difficult to judge how he might adapt to different tactic at another club with other players. Something he will not do is put style over substance. 

We have to be to careful about being 'snobbish' about managers - a lot of us where very much that way with Eddie Howe. A lot of us cringe at the though of fat Sam, even though he shot us up the table in little over half a season (not that I want Sam). 

Ultimately Thewall has to make this decision - but I personnel don't think Dyche is as one dimensional as we may think him to be. He's just not had the opportunity yet. 

A good interview this.  He's very straight talking, maybe a little bit of a bee in his bonnet about people having misconceptions about him but that's fair enough as we've seen it from media and now Everton fans.

He will in the short term have similar constraints to at Burnley but would be interesting to see how he'd go with a bit of freedom to improve the squad.

He seems pretty open to change in all areas but is pragmatic enough to know what's required to win a game when you're up against it.

It might not be as exciting as Bielsa or the freshness of Davide but Dyche will get the players working, and will get the team working to their strengths (if he can find some!!).

On 23/01/2023 at 13:15, RuffRob said:

We all know Dyche is probably the leading candidate for the situation we see ourselves in. Just get it done once the decision to remove Frank has been made public. 

He is available, has bags of experience punching above he weight in the Premier league. My guess his 'brand' of football at Burnley is needs must in getting as many points on the board as you can type football - as opposed to a preferred style.

I feel we have more than the next 4 month being relegation candidates (if we do survive). Next season will be much the same. 

Dyche  kind of deserves a chance at another Premiership club, I though his sacking was harsh last season, given the tools he had a Burnley season after season. He might not be top of everybody's list and is not glamorous, but might be the type of manager who can get the best out of what he's got - average Premiership players. 

I think most people 'thumb up' this comment. Think we all guessed it was kind of inevitable really.