IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

Bielsa drifted to 5/1 from evens and Dyche is 9/4 fav now.

Dyche looks to be the steady Eddie option. Keeps it simple and will play two up top. He puts winning points above anything else, so is actually what we need.

I am guess having Tarks as CB he will slip pretty seamlessly in to what Dyche will want from day 1 at the back.

He is probably the sensible choice.

If it is Dyche, I’m fine with it. What I’m not fine with, should he get the job, is that he could have been in place on Sunday if they sacked Frank on Saturday. Giving him more days to get his staff together and get on the training pitch and working on transfers. But we’ve waisted a week, as predicted by anyone who’s been paying attention to how the club do things. 

36 minutes ago, StevO said:

If it is Dyche, I’m fine with it. What I’m not fine with, should he get the job, is that he could have been in place on Sunday if they sacked Frank on Saturday. Giving him more days to get his staff together and get on the training pitch and working on transfers. But we’ve waisted a week, as predicted by anyone who’s been paying attention to how the club do things. 

I’m as certain that he’ll take us down as I am that Bielsa would. He’ll just do it in a less heart-attack inducing and more boring way. 

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m as certain that he’ll take us down as I am that Bielsa would. He’ll just do it in a less heart-attack inducing and more boring way. 

He won't take us down, the existing players will unless they play for the shirt. 

8 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Dyche looks to be the steady Eddie option. Keeps it simple and will play two up top. He puts winning points above anything else, so is actually what we need.

I am guess having Tarks as CB he will slip pretty seamlessly in to what Dyche will want from day 1 at the back.

This is it. Tarks wil lead from back , will likely be captain unofficially 

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

What is fucking me off is how slow we are yet again to take positive action, FL was clearly on thin ice, surely the board ( hah ) would have had the person they want lined up and ready to go. It really does feel like they want us to be the laughing stock of the sport.

That was my thoughts.  Back in November it was feasible to sack lampard and therefore if the restart didn’t see an improvement then changes would be made….

if we did sound out managers, they would at least respect the fact that we are forward planning and also fair in the sense that we are giving a manager a chance before pulling the plug. 

Reactive in everything we do. 

10 hours ago, RuffRob said:

This is the whole reason I want him. Its not exciting, its not sexy. Its practical survival skills then stability for a few years (ideally).

The way I see it is that absolutely nothing will change with Dyche in charge. We're a side that don't create enough and don't score enough, so getting a manager in that doesn't get his side to create much or score much is just keeping the status quo.

If you're expecting Dyche to come in and for things to be any different then you're mad. We might not get twatted by 4 all that often but we'll still lose a lot more than we'll win.

There is seeing more of McNeil to look forward to though, so there's that.

15 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The way I see it is that absolutely nothing will change with Dyche in charge. We're a side that don't create enough and don't score enough, so getting a manager in that doesn't get his side to create much or score much is just keeping the status quo.

If you're expecting Dyche to come in and for things to be any different then you're mad. We might not get twatted by 4 all that often but we'll still lose a lot more than we'll win.

I don't agree. I think Dyche will kick their arses as they deserve. I also believe he will keep his instructions simple and I still think this squad is better than its showing. We might still lose more that win, but I'm expecting more draws than those we've thrown away, which is at least a point... up to 13th its still very close, a bit of defensive structure and discipline will get more out of them.

We still need a forward though.

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think its inevitable we are going to lost more that we win - it's the state of the place and the playing squad.

At the moment and maybe next season as well, we need a manager who can get this team punching above out weight - as in the last 18months our weight is 'relegation battle'.

He is somebody who has definitely served his time at a smaller club and earn his spurs as a Premiership manager. This probably what Lampard lacked - the hard yards behind him. 

https://trainingground.guru/articles/sean-dyche-building-burnley-and-beyond

He talks a little about his style and tactic at about 39min. We have only really ever seen him in the Burnley dug out, so its actually very difficult to judge how he might adapt to different tactic at another club with other players. Something he will not do is put style over substance. 

We have to be to careful about being 'snobbish' about managers - a lot of us where very much that way with Eddie Howe. A lot of us cringe at the though of fat Sam, even though he shot us up the table in little over half a season (not that I want Sam). 

Ultimately Thewall has to make this decision - but I personnel don't think Dyche is as one dimensional as we may think him to be. He's just not had the opportunity yet. 

Not Dyche for me. 
Uninspiring football which uses the old mentality of ‘we start with a point so let’s keep it’ and whilst that’s not an bad thought process I think we need someone we can get behind and be seen to be ‘having a go’ on the pitch 

Do agree it could be a more stable / safe appointment, but I really don’t think he’s the man to keep us up. 
Chance creation and goals scored are our biggest issue. 
The defensive side isn’t entirely a lost cause. In isolation based on stats it’s actually ok. 
Biggest issue is the ‘brain fart’ most seem to have in most games that cost us. 

Goals win football matches and whilst Bielsa would mean we need to score 2 every game, I’d at least feel like we were trying to win games rather than just ‘not lose’ 

It’s all about mentality for me. 
As previously mentioned, he could be a complete car crash but I’d actually lean towards going for it. 
If we stayed up, I’d have more faith in him improving than squad than the turgid type signings Dyche would likely make / request 

Stick a couple of wins together and the table looks very different 

It's a proper tough one to call if it comes down to Dyche and Bielsa.

Dyche is a solution we'd soon start grumbling about - guarantee by November 2023 we'd be fed up of his football. But there's a feeling he's what we need for this set of players.

But Bielsa could lay a foundation for our identity for the future. The football would have us on the edge of our seats and make the atmosphere at Goodison (and beyond?) crazy.

I think both will bring these players down to earth and humble them.

Bielsa is going to need a lot more player investment before Jan 31st. Do we have time to make it work for him? Whereas Dyche can do something with this lot.

7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not sure how it can be between bielsa and dyche from a logical sense…… if our supposed plan is of a certain footballing style then the two managers couldn’t be more different. 

I don’t think we can talk about style until we are safe if we go down then we have a complete reset. 

28 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

It's a proper tough one to call if it comes down to Dyche and Bielsa.

but by the sounds of it Bielsa is not an option now, as only interested in summer - and we are in trouble now. Don't think a sticking plaster manager for 4 months will work in keeping us up as its just too wishy washy. Although, the rate premiership managers lose there jobs at is roughly a rate of 1 every 5-6weeks, so might be more around to chose from in the summer. 

As long as its football people who make the decision I will be fine with whoever comes - as truth be told I don't know who's going to get this lot winning points - will worry about 'inspiring' football at a later date!.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

but by the sounds of it Bielsa is not an option now, as only interested in summer - and we are in trouble now. Don't think a sticking plaster manager for 4 months will work in keeping us up as its just too wishy washy. Although, the rate premiership managers lose there jobs at is roughly a rate of 1 every 5-6weeks, so might be more around to chose from in the summer. 

As long as its football people who make the decision I will be fine with whoever comes - as truth be told I don't know who's going to get this lot winning points - will worry about 'inspiring' football at a later date!.

I can't keep up with all the stories. 

My main comment remains - as long as it's Thelwell and his team who make the decisions (be it the right or wrong one) and nobody is shoe horned in by the owners or owners outside influencers (including the fans to a degree). 

If Thelwell et al think Bielsa fits the overall plan and lined up transfers etc better then so be it. Go no problem with it.

1 minute ago, Formby said:

Crikey, sounds like we've given first team responsibility to a local butchers in Accrington. This is terrible. 😔

I think Dyche will be in place by the weekend we can’t possibly go for Bielsa it would cause massive problems with the language barrier