IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

The more I think about Lampard the more I’d like to see him come in. 
Worked at Chelsea with a transfer ban and just lost Hazard and got them to fourth place. Then didn’t do as well with lots of money to spend. Did a good job at Derby too. He’s also available so can be in the door quickly. Will certainly want to play on the front foot. 

If Rooney keeps Derby up I’d be all over him for the next manager after this one. 

Not a clue about any managers abroad though. 

1. DF for a few games to see how he gets on, then more if he does well and re-evaluate in the summer.

2. Potter. Plays good football, wants to build something special and is doing so on a limited budget at Brighton. Might bring Bissouma.

3. Lampard. Did well on a limited budget (granted it was at a powerhouse of a club) and might be able to bring in a few bigger names to the club. Not really fussed about him but I'm also not too well up on internationally based managers.

4. Nuno. Ideally over Lampard but I think he aims to be heavily involved in a lot behind the scenes and I'm not sure the board will be prepared to give him that amount of control.

None of Morinho, Rooney, Biesla.

5 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

Not the right time to go with a manager with zero experience so definitely not Ferguson, to early for Rooney even if he is doing a good for Derby but would rather him than Ferguson. I would like Graham Potter 

Don't disagree in theory, but... we have gone through what, 5 managers in the last 6-7 years. You have to wonder how attractive the job is to a manager who may be at a smaller club, but with more stability. All of those recent managers have been experienced EPL managers, and they collectively got us...what? One backdoor qualification to Europe from 7th place? I think just about anyone on this board could manage us the rest of the way and keep us between 17th-12th. 

Ferguson does have a little experience, so I'd have no problem whatsoever for him to have the job the next 4 months. If he impresses, great. If he doesn't, there should be a list of 3-5 manager ready to start working on come late May. Just seems to me that it would be the most stabilizing choice for the fanbase and maybe the club as well, and has almost zero risk. The last thing I'd wanna see is another fiasco like when we were trying to hire Silva during the season.

Lucien Favre is high on mine. 

Out of Work. Trilingual (at least).  Known for being tactically astute, and imparting that on players. Good man manager (see Balotelli).  Teams are good defensively and play attractive attacking football.

Players improve under him and he has notably done well with a number of young players, he's supposedly very big on really smashing them on the training pitch.

Biggest selling point for mine is that he's turned lower half and even relegation teams into champs league spot contenders.

He won't win us the league, but think he'll hopefully turn us around and stabilise us for a couple of years.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Would love Potter.

Would happy to see Ferguson given a go.

Wouldn't be angry to see Rooney have a go.

Would be interested to see what Lampard has in his locker.

As much as he would be my preferred choice I can’t see us getting Potter or any other manager who is already in a job.

Firstly why would he leave Brighton where he is under no pressure to join this circus where he knows he will be under intense pressure from the off and will almost certainly not have any money to spend so will have to go with the same squad of players that have failed so badly under 6 previous managers and knowing if he doesn’t turn it around straight away he will be out of a job in 6 months time?

Secondly with the FFP restrictions we are under after paying Rafa and his staff off , they are only 6 months in to a 3 year contract would we be able to pay compensation to other clubs if we nick their manager?

7 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

As much as he would be my preferred choice I can’t see us getting Potter or any other manager who is already in a job.

It's difficult to turn opportunities like that down in any walk of life when someone is going to come in and double your pay check.

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Firstly why would he leave Brighton where he is under no pressure to join this circus where he knows he will be under intense pressure from the off and will almost certainly not have any money to spend so will have to go with the same squad of players that have failed so badly under 6 previous managers and knowing if he doesn’t turn it around straight away he will be out of a job in 6 months time?

Secondly with the FFP restrictions we are under after paying Rafa and his staff off , they are only 6 months in to a 3 year contract would we be able to pay compensation to other clubs if we nick their manager?

Why won’t we have money to spend? Come June all the deadwood will be gone. Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun June 2022 all out of contract. 

Richarlison 2023(highly likely he will be sold)

Mina (2023) possibly sold. 

We’ll be financially better off next season and if Richarlison/DCL go we’ll have a lump of money plus whatever else they’ll add. 

58 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Why won’t we have money to spend? Come June all the deadwood will be gone. Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun June 2022 all out of contract. 

Richarlison 2023(highly likely he will be sold)

Mina (2023) possibly sold. 

We’ll be financially better off next season and if Richarlison/DCL go we’ll have a lump of money plus whatever else they’ll add. 

I was meaning this window. There is every chance the new manager will have been sacked by the summer!

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

It's a landslide with 98% saying no so far with over 1300 votes.

Well we do have a DOF, it's just he has the title of majority shareholder. Even if we did have a proper DOF, he apparently was undermined at every turn. Either way, the DOF statement is pointless, Moshiri will do what he wants anyway.

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well we do have a DOF, it's just he has the title of majority shareholder. Even if we did have a proper DOF, he apparently was undermined at every turn. Either way, the DOF statement is pointless, Moshiri will do what he wants anyway.

I think that's the problem, he's buying the players, not the manager who would buy the players that would suit his way of playing, instead we have 11 individuals, not a team

Yesterday, when Coleman was sub-ed, the game was ideal for Patterson to come on - with his pace and (mostly) accurate crossing .. oh well ..