IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

28 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Nice's Christophe Galtier?

Currently second in Ligue 1.  They will be looking to continue that form to reach the UCL.  So do not see any way that they would let him go in January.  Then in the summer it would take quite a sum to leave a UCL team for us.  Stranger things have happened.  Looks to be a good coach.

11 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Currently second in Ligue 1.  They will be looking to continue that form to reach the UCL.  So do not see any way that they would let him go in January.  Then in the summer it would take quite a sum to leave a UCL team for us.  Stranger things have happened.  Looks to be a good coach.

And why would he want to come to Everton FC at this moment in time. How do you convince anybody other than Ferguson or Wayne Rooney to manage this club at the moment? Other than wave money infront of them - is that the manager we want? 

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Lovely bloke and had some really nice brown leather shoes, football was excruciatingly awful and he turned one of the best defences in the Premiership into one of the worst in the country, so yeah let’s give him the job

Seems to of done quite well with Belgum....

People can grow and improve, I believe he has demonstrated that he has.

29 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Seems to of done quite well with Belgum....

People can grow and improve, I believe he has demonstrated that he has.

I still haven't seen him work out how to set up a team to win (without individual brilliance) against team with low defensive blocks, the same thing he never worked out with Everton. 

The Belgium team have struggled in tournaments against teams that don't give opportunties to counter attack. 

I'm sure he has grown and adapated as a manager, and may actually practive set pieces these days.... but not sure he's the man for the job. 

I'm still voting for big Ange Postecoglu! 

https://youtu.be/wVbJlxkI1lw

https://youtu.be/wVbJlxkI1lw

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Are you his agent?:D

He's never been close to managing at a level anywhere near the PL, would be a crazy gamble.

Everton has picked managers that have been relegated twice, Aston Villa just gave the reigns to an ex SPL manager with 2 years managing experience, there are plenty, plenty of examples of managers that haven't managed at a top 5 league coming into the Premier League.

Our experienced managers approach is not proving to be successful.... 

I want Rooney. I don’t care about the inexperience - I care about the passion - the pride - the desire. For many of the same reasons, I’d have Big Dunc but I just think profile and what they did in their playing career, Rooney can stand there and demand the best - he’s pretty much done it all and won the lot. I think he’d work with what’s here and bring the best out of them and invest/ put trust in younger lads. He won’t be hard or expensive to get from Derby (bring Knight too please) but put him with a solid assistant, with maybe a bit more experience, and I’d be delighted.

Rooney's inexperience? Not like he's won everything under the arguably the most successful manager. He's also doing quite well with a team that was deducted 21 points because the club he's at is our future selves if we're not careful. More I think about it, he actually makes sense!

@RuffRobif you refresh your page after quoting incorrectly, the text box should give you a chance to "clear editor" (or something similar).

@MikeOno :shakingfist:

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

Rooney's inexperience? Not like he's won everything under the arguably the most successful manager. He's also doing quite well with a team that was deducted 21 points because the club he's at is our future selves if we're not careful. More I think about it, he actually makes sense!

I would prefer Rooney than Martinez - I really really don't want to go back to a man that only a few years ago we paid +£10M compensation too. Bit like Benitez he would have a monkey on his back from day 1. The shear embarrassment of paying off a manager a second time would make me feel even lower that I do now.

I still think the Everton job would be to much too soon for him, he will have not yet built up that network of people and staff around him.  He would be a manager who would benefit from a Director of Football by his side. Shame we sacked ours just over a month ago!!. 

Part of me thinks the reason we held off sacking RB through that horrible run was knowing the pool of potential replacements was slim pickings. That an Moshiri would have been dying to give it a chance to work seeing it was his decision in the hope he didn’t end up with egg in his face.

I like Potter, think hes a good english manager that will go on to manage a top 6 English team, unfortunately I think we missed the boat completely in trying to bring him in and have no chance of that now.

Rooney, inexperienced but would give it all, demand alot and is currently learning in probably an environment that will teach him way more about management than any other club in the Championship. I want to see him have a successful management career and we are a move too soon for his, but saying that I’d prefer him to big Dunc rest of season.

Bobby Brown Shoes, many say he kicked off the shitshow of our club, yet, he was never given the money to spend and worked more to the old budgets we had, and what money he spent, was actually pretty well invested with Rom an example that we pulled a big profit on. He just lacked very much in def and was a bit too stubborn, who knows times change and he might do it differently if comes back.

Personally i’m quite torn on it all as to who we get, but if we are signing a manager now, and not an interim etc, whoever it is MUST be the right manager for this great club, be prepared to bleed blue and be here for the next 3/4/5 years minimum, no pressure hey.

10 minutes ago, MC11 said:

💯 no to Martinez. Have people forgotten how bad it was under him the last season. We barely played a forward pass. The results were awful. 

Rooney & Dunc for me. 

Would Dunc work under Rooney though - I completely agree and would love the pair but with Rooney’s lack of experience as a number 1 (not that Ferguson has any), would Dunc not think he deserves that shot? Maybe Ferguson accepts he needs to get some managerial experience elsewhere before he’s ‘ready’ or maybe he’d be content as Rooney’s number 2. I would get behind that idea though 100%.

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

Great shout… although just watch out for the Alcaraz, McGeady and Niasse type signings.

When Martinez was manager we were shopping in bargain basement shops, its a little different now. Plus he has experience working with world class players. 

He has always been a great man manager, and we played the best football I have seen us play under him. I believe he has grown as a manager and would be a very good appointment as manager.

18 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Would Dunc work under Rooney though - I completely agree and would love the pair but with Rooney’s lack of experience as a number 1 (not that Ferguson has any), would Dunc not think he deserves that shot? Maybe Ferguson accepts he needs to get some managerial experience elsewhere before he’s ‘ready’ or maybe he’d be content as Rooney’s number 2. I would get behind that idea though 100%.

I’ve just got a feeling Rooney is the man to take us forward. He’ll also be able to attract better players than Ferguson. Genuinely think it has to be Wayne now. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Judging by the social media postings by players wishing Luca well I would not put too much faith in the daily mail.

4 minutes ago, MC11 said:

I’ve just got a feeling Rooney is the man to take us forward. He’ll also be able to attract better players than Ferguson. Genuinely think it has to be Wayne now. 

I fully agree - I want Rooney 100%

I’d just wonder whether Dunc would work under him as he may feel he’s ‘as worthy’ to take the job.

9 minutes ago, London Blue said:

When Martinez was manager we were shopping in bargain basement shops, its a little different now. Plus he has experience working with world class players. 

He has always been a great man manager, and we played the best football I have seen us play under him. I believe he has grown as a manager and would be a very good appointment as manager.

I disagree as manager but would back the DoF idea.

Our weaknesses are defensively and on set-pieces - these are also Martinez’s.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Judging by the social media postings by players wishing Luca well I would not put too much faith in the daily mail.

I wouldn’t read into that. Managers get sacked and the club thank them for time etc. 

Graeme Sharpe hated the way way Tony Cottee  would be whistling in the shower if he scored and we lost. 

when one of your better players is only interested in themselves vs the team it’s not good at all. 

27 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I was thinking the same thing - Appointing Rooney ahead of Ferguson would be a massive slap in the face, so not sure how Ferguson Rooney combo would work. 

I much as I love big Dunc, it concerns me that he has been the head coach of these players for so long and they are just not doing it on the pitch - as a constant is he part of the problem.