IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

I don't necessarily like Dyche's football but I think he is far more switched on that a lot of people give him credit for and he will toughen us up and make us harder to beat. I also think he will improve us going forward to, as he will just keep it simple. We might not put sweeping attacking moves together but the ball will go forward, it will go into the box and the players will know where they need to be and what to do. Something that Lampard couldn't achieve. I expect that Dyche has also used his time out of management to learn too.

Whether he keeps us up is a different story but I have hope because things couldn't get worse than Lampard and we are far from being detached from the rest of the league.

Arsenal is going to be an awful game to watch from our point of view but Liverpool are soft at the moment and I can see us giving them a scare.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I don't necessarily like Dyche's football but I think he is far more switched on that a lot of people give him credit for and he will toughen us up and make us harder to beat. I also think he will improve us going forward to, as he will just keep it simple. We might not put sweeping attacking moves together but the ball will go forward, it will go into the box and the players will know where they need to be and what to do. Something that Lampard couldn't achieve. I expect that Dyche has also used his time out of management to learn too.

Whether he keeps us up is a different story but I have hope because things couldn't get worse than Lampard and we are far from being detached from the rest of the league.

Arsenal is going to be an awful game to watch from our point of view but Liverpool are soft at the moment and I can see us giving them a scare.

I think it will make a massive different playing the 2 up front. One of our main issues this season has been trying to play with the ball - seems the more possession we have the more likely we are to lose. Its the same for most premier league clubs other than those with a squads of Worldies. The number of games that are won by those teams with less possession is quite telling. 

If Dyche means we cut out a decent percentage of our fruitless and tedious side to side and backward play, and concentrate on getting possession in the final third with longer balls up to a front two - I am fairly confident more goals will come. Numbers of bodies in the business end of the pitch is going to be what count - a focused more direct route is potentially less risky and more effective than what we have been trying.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

My personal feeling on this…

You can't always get what you want,
But if you try sometimes, well, you might find…
You get what you need.

Can you tell me when we are going to get what we need?

Gotta be honest. Was fully expecting an announcement this morning. Then they could get fired into transfer targets.

Right now, it's the weekend, which slows everything down. We then have just Mon & Tues. Which means we'll be quoted over market value. Especially if Gordon makes the move and the other club know we're both desperate and £40odd million better off.

The words of Moshiris interview are getting dimmer by the day.

Unless, by some miracle, Thelwell has some deals lined up and just wants the new manager to take his pick. Absolutely doubt it considering the 2 candidates were miles apart in style.

😭😭😭

He's inevitably going to line this squad up as a 442/4411 on the pitch, which I'm not against. I'm curious about where Iwobi would play, whether that be in one of the two central spots, or out wide.

The obvious thought would be that in defence he will play Keane and Tarkowski together. That seems logical, but I think he could favour Coady with his range of passing.

I think Dyche is a wise choice for the position we are in, and his appointment could pay dividends in the long run. Not necessarily in the sense that he will take us to stardom, but he could be the catalyst for change that the squad can build on in future seasons. I'm hoping he can rebuild the foundations.

5 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Gotta be honest. Was fully expecting an announcement this morning. Then they could get fired into transfer targets.

Right now, it's the weekend, which slows everything down. We then have just Mon & Tues. Which means we'll be quoted over market value. Especially if Gordon makes the move and the other club know we're both desperate and £40odd million better off.

The words of Moshiris interview are getting dimmer by the day.

Unless, by some miracle, Thelwell has some deals lined up and just wants the new manager to take his pick. Absolutely doubt it considering the 2 candidates were miles apart in style.

😭😭😭

None of that makes sense :lol:

Business doesn't stop at the weekend, if anything it's currently 24/7 since we're close to the end of the window. Agents want their payday, clubs want their targets. 

Thelwall is DoF so he's been, we hope, picking targets. He will have things lined up for strikers who are interested in coming regardless of the manager. Doesn't really matter that much on manager styles, proven goalscorers are hard to come by so it's a small selection to choose from. 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think it will make a massive different playing the 2 up front. One of our main issues this season has been trying to play with the ball - seems the more possession we have the more likely we are to lose. Its the same for most premier league clubs other than those with a squads of Worldies. The number of games that are won by those teams with less possession is quite telling. 

If Dyche means we cut out a decent percentage of our fruitless and tedious side to side and backward play, and concentrate on getting possession in the final third with longer balls up to a front two - I am fairly confident more goals will come. Numbers of bodies in the business end of the pitch is going to be what count - a focused more direct route is potentially less risky and more effective than what we have been trying.

Its not just the direct balls to the front two, its then the position the players get into to win the second balls. 

So many times we end up lumping the ball forward after trying to play it around at the back and then the play it goes to is isolated. 

If Dyche commits us to playing long, you can guarentee that all 10 outfield players will be squeezed up the pitch ready to win that second ball.

Moving forward it might also mean that we don't rely on Pickford as much for his kicking and we might be able to sell him for a good price and focus on a stronger shot stopper with a better command of his area.

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

@Matt

What bit doesnt make sense my old friend?

Thought Id explained mate :)

That you think we've been waiting for targets because we don't know who the manager would be and that it'll slow down over the weekend. The opposite will be true and it'll move fast now. I expect were waiting for the signing to be announced with Dyche 

@Matt

Ah right ok. I just seen your reply as a different opinion, not really an explanation of what didnt make sense.

No bother my man.

Ideally, the DoF will have everything lined up regardless of the manager, 100% agree. Because he will also pick the manager. But I am looking at it from Evertons recent antics.

If Bielsa and Dyche are the 2 contenders, how can the DoF have transfers lined up when these 2 have completely different styles?

You know what I mean?

I wasn't, and am still not, over enamored by this appointment, but after watching the Masterclass video he definitely seems like someone who has a plan. I did like that one of the things he emphasized was effort. If he can get us playing with a plan and with effort, I'll be happy (for now, at least).

If anything, I'm just hoping he can instil some stability, and start grinding out results, which is certainly what we need. Having said that, we are still very short up top, and it is still imperative we get more fore power in before the end of Tuesday. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

If we don't, we fooked anyway.

41 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

@Matt

Ah right ok. I just seen your reply as a different opinion, not really an explanation of what didnt make sense.

No bother my man.

Ideally, the DoF will have everything lined up regardless of the manager, 100% agree. Because he will also pick the manager. But I am looking at it from Evertons recent antics.

If Bielsa and Dyche are the 2 contenders, how can the DoF have transfers lined up when these 2 have completely different styles?

You know what I mean?

🖖

I get ya but the Dof is supposed to be defining the style, not the manager and the forward options pool is limited anyway He'll have the idea of what players will fit and won't have much to choose from anyway 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

How is this not announced yet? The press have been reporting it since about 7am. 

Oh, yeah… Everton, aren’t we?

Everyone is just figuring out who's decision it is to do the Windows updates on Moshiri's PC. Once that's been established they can log in and put a tweet together.

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Everyone is just figuring out who's decision it is to do the Windows updates on Moshiri's PC. Once that's been established they can log in and put a tweet together.

Zoo you do act stupid sometimes…..

You think Moshiri has a pc!

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

“The review was conducted by the very same board who are responsible for Everton’s implosion. Their problems could have been identified quicker with a mirror.”

Was just about to post this article. The last paragraph was the most powerful.

kenwright and co will be fuckin livid.  This goes against their usual smoke and mirrors nonsense…. The appointment of a manager would usually bring the spotlight on their tactics, new signings etc.   nope, straight back onto the shit show, 

Inject it in my veins, the media at last have shifted. The headlock accusation wax the breaking point imo, editors will have been livid about that.