IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

My feeling is that we are skint and might not risk appointing another manager with the threat of relegation hanging.  I reckon  there's a chance they'll name Baines, or another stooge, as a caretaker.  Which would be barking mad, and therefore totally on the cards.

I'll probably get battered for this (as we cant get Thomas Tuchel can we) it would be Moyes for me ahead of Dyche. 

Some managers just seem to  'fit' a club. Similar type of players that he's had before. Decent - good record last time (depening on your view point)

There are no guarantees with anyone but that's the way I'd go. Better than Dyche IMO

Not sure experience is going to help to be honest.  Pep couldn't get this team working.

Need someone who will take a contract that won't kill us financially if it doesn't work out.  That and someone who will play the players who will give the most for the shirt.  Frank seems like a nice guy but he gave up... he did.  Not brining on subs late when we needed to win... He had to go.  

As much as I like the idea of a 6 month contract and then seeing how it goes, I wonder whether that would get the best out of the players. We saw at Utd last season how it created further complacency at the club and that is something we cannot afford.

Certainly for the next 18 months is crucial.

I’m finding it hard to get any enthusiasm on who we do get, all I really want is a manager get who has the experience to get us into shape where we stop conceding like a Sunday league team and score a few goals to get us enough points to maintain our PL status.

That rules our Rooney, Baines, Ferguson el al.

59 minutes ago, badaids said:

My feeling is that we are skint and might not risk appointing another manager with the threat of relegation hanging.  I reckon  there's a chance they'll name Baines, or another stooge, as a caretaker.  Which would be barking mad, and therefore totally on the cards.

Harsh on Baines that.  Don't think he should be appointed (or wants to be) but can't see him as a stooge. 

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Bookies have Bielsa as second favourite after Dyche, just the guy you need for a relelgation scrap:unsure:

I think Bielsa is exactly what we need…

Has an identity ✅ 
Worked with big egos ✅ 
Will work players and get them fit or fuck them off ✅ 
Worked under pressure at massive clubs with massive pressure ✅
Mad bastard ✅

30 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Harsh on Baines that.  Don't think he should be appointed (or wants to be) but can't see him as a stooge. 

Not meant to be harsh on Baines, love the man, but any internal caretaker would be being taken advantage of by the board.

15 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I think Bielsa is exactly what we need…

Has an identity ✅ 
Worked with big egos ✅ 
Will work players and get them fit or fuck them off ✅ 
Worked under pressure at massive clubs with massive pressure ✅
Mad bastard ✅

Ships goals. 

I’d love to see Bielsa or someone getting a team playing with that kind of energy and attacking intent.

I think it would be a crazy signing in our current situation though. We give away enough goals as it is without a manager coming in playing such open football.  The players are in no way prepared for it or likely the right players to play it either.

I wouldn’t take on Bielsa unless he had a full preseason to work the squad, work out who he can use and replace those he can’t.

So favourites are Dyche and Belisa? Both would bring discipline to the squad for sure. I honestly think dyche would be the better appointment for the situation we are in, and can build a solid squad and has unknown potential beyond that, from a long term point of view that is.

I'm not sure about watching the squad playing Belisa ball for the remainder of this season.

I don't think anyone associated to the club already would be a good move, including Dunc.

I'm not sure anyone can save us to be honest.

...Sam?

56 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Bielsa would be fantastic, but he would need a summer to get rid of the bone idle muppets and buy his own players which we haven't got time for. 

It'll be someone boring and uninspiring.

I think if we were to go down he's the one I'd want to get us back up. I don't see a lot in this squad that tells me we'll stay up, but if we're resetting I'd be trying to bring him in.