IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

14 minutes ago, Btay said:

He’s a very good manager & if we were to sack Frank, I would like to see him here.

I don't think we should move Frank on just yet as think he should get more time and another transfer window. 

At least with Postecoglou, you would get a not to dissimilar manager who wants to try and play football etc.

However, the problem with Everton, as Lampard is finding out, is we are still broken and not ready yet to 'player football' to the quality needed to take charge of game and be competitive. The players are just not good enough in the league. 

I am not sure that sitting in a relegation zone needing to become 'tight' again and battle for points is Postecoglou USP. 

To me would be a manager you would bring in as a team is or very nearly developed in to a footballing side or maybe somebody to bring in if we did get relegated.

3 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I don't think we should move Frank on just yet as think he should get more time and another transfer window. 

At least with Postecoglou, you would get a not to dissimilar manager who wants to try and play football etc.

However, the problem with Everton, as Lampard is finding out, is we are still broken and not ready yet to 'player football' to the quality needed to take charge of game and be competitive. The players are just not good enough in the league. 

I am not sure that sitting in a relegation zone needing to become 'tight' again and battle for points is Postecoglou USP. 

To me would be a manager you would bring in as a team is or very nearly developed in to a footballing side or maybe somebody to bring in if we did get relegated.

I agree with all this. I don’t want to see Frank gone for the record 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Absolutely nothing would surprise me with this shit show of a club, but this would be right up there with the most insane things we could do.

maybe if we tell bill and co that tuchels Nan was a toffee girl he may get considered. 

31 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

maybe if we tell bill and co that tuchels Nan was a toffee girl he may get considered. 

I have a vague memory that we interviewed Tuchel at one point but we turned him down.

I could only find this after a quick search:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11096384/thomas-tuchel-open-to-an-approach-from-everton-over-managerial-vacancy

He was someone that I thought we should have considered at the time.

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

That makes more sense Tuchel isn't coming to Everton in this lifetime, maybe when he's died and is reincarnated as a Pigeon he might roost in the roof of Bramley Stadium now and then, but for now forget any notion that he would come here just not happening. 

Dyche-ball…

4-4-2 (maybe 4-4-1-1) 

Pickford

Godfrey Mina Tarkowski Mykolenko

Gray Gueye Onana McNeil

Iwobi

DCL

I’m not endorsing Dyche as our next manager should Frank go but this in a simple direct system would bring us more points than currently. I still think Moyes will be our next manager but can definitely see us going for Dyche should he not become available.

For the record, I’d want Ange Postecoglou as our next manager but I don’t think we’ve got a chance in the current predicament.

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

Dyche-ball…

4-4-2 (maybe 4-4-1-1) 

Pickford

Godfrey Mina Tarkowski Mykolenko

Gray Gueye Onana McNeil

Iwobi

DCL

I’m not endorsing Dyche as our next manager should Frank go but this in a simple direct system would bring us more points than currently. I still think Moyes will be our next manager but can definitely see us going for Dyche should he not become available.

For the record, I’d want Ange Postecoglou as our next manager but I don’t think we’ve got a chance in the current predicament.

I’m fine with Dyche and a 442 with Iwobi playing off DCL. As long as we stop losing games I’ll take it. 

If we are going for a change, I would rather us go with somebody like Lee Carsley.

I think we have to try and go in the same direction, modern manager who no doubt will have his finger on the pulse of the best young talent about any have the experience of developing young players in to a good footballing team.

In might be a little more risky in terms of the here and now, but might serve us better in the longer term.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Be nice if people would stop including Mina. People need to stop pinning their hopes on someone so unreliable, and so do managers. He will always, always let you down.

If we can’t sell him this month we may as well play him until he breaks - he’s off on a free in the summer so we’re not getting anything for him anyway. When on the pitch, he’s our best centre back - he’s crap because he’s never on the pitch!

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

If we can’t sell him this month we may as well play him until he breaks - he’s off on a free in the summer so we’re not getting anything for him anyway. When on the pitch, he’s our best centre back - he’s crap because he’s never on the pitch!

So next warm up?

He’s a liability 100% with his fitness but at least he actually engages with the striker and challenges for headers. He probably won’t last too many 90mins but when we’re only using two or three subs from five as they’re that poor I don’t see it being a waste to get our strongest defender on the pitch.

10 minutes ago, c1982 said:

He’s a liability 100% with his fitness but at least he actually engages with the striker and challenges for headers. He probably won’t last too many 90mins but when we’re only using two or three subs from five as they’re that poor I don’t see it being a waste to get our strongest defender on the pitch.

He's a liability 100% of the time he's on the field too

MC11

Members

Posted January 16, 2022

Who would you like to see? 

StevO

Steward

Posted January 16, 2022

The more I think about Lampard the more I’d like to see him come in. 
Worked at Chelsea with a transfer ban and just lost Hazard and got them to fourth place. Then didn’t do as well with lots of money to spend. Did a good job at Derby too. He’s also available so can be in the door quickly. Will certainly want to play on the front foot. 

If Rooney keeps Derby up I’d be all over him for the next manager after this one. 

Not a clue about any managers abroad though. 

Happy Birthday to this thread.

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

No, but we do have other centre backs who actually play rather than a sicknote that's branded our best defender without him actually playing

Your message said on the field, not with all factors taken into account. 

He clearly cant be relied upon but we are a shambles at the back regardless of who plays and when he did last start, he was our best player.

Its almost getting to the point where I wonder if getting 45 mins out of him is better than playing the others for the full 90 🤣

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Do we have a centre back that isnt? 

The problem with Mina is due to his fragility we don’t get to field the same pairing for more than a game or less as this season shows, surely we need the players to play with each other week in week out to develop an understanding.