IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

I liked him in that You Tube interview. Just comes across as a sensible, decent and likeable bloke. But you also get the impression that although he needs to be involved in football to an extent, he doesn’t have all the answers, and he’s got a comfortable family life. So you can’t help but feel that if Moshiri acts the goat he’ll just say get fucked and leave. Plus I didn’t realise he’s only got 2.5 years manager experience - and probably no quals.

Anyway. I hope he comes, I like him, and a good feeling. I wonder what he’ll make of the squad…

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

When the fuck is this going to be confirmed the transfer window closes in 54 hours from now, this is doing my head in.

I’ll be delighted to get the coaches in. Chelsea fans heads are spinning at the prospect of losing Barry in particular.

let’s be honest, we are over a barrel so lampards advisors hold all the cards. They know we want him and need him in to get the signings etc. my guess is that lampard possibly wants assurances over funds etc. 

24 minutes ago, Palfy said:

When the fuck is this going to be confirmed the transfer window closes in 54 hours from now, this is doing my head in.

You do know that Lampard is probably all agreed and has discussed targets with the board so both can make progress simultaneously?! Chill out - the official announcement will come when the key components of his backroom staff are sorted and maybe a few (including Dunc) are relieved of their duties. Frankie says relax!

My first ex-wife rang me today to say she had seen Frank outside the Grosvenor Hotel yesterday. He was wearing a black knee-length Crombie coat and looked very handsome, apparently. I mentioned he was probably on his way to his interview with Farhad and she said if he spends as much attention to detail on tactics as his appearance, we will do very well. A bit random, but a woman's instinct and all that. Just thought I'd share....  

I think it’s nothing more than they want photos of him at Finch Farm or Goodison. No doubt he is the manager now, he may be in London still working on taking some of the staff from Chelsea. 
I do wish they would just put out a statement saying it’s done though, couldn’t care less about the glossy photos. But then our Chairman is a bit showbiz. 

53 minutes ago, StevO said:

I think it’s nothing more than they want photos of him at Finch Farm or Goodison. No doubt he is the manager now, he may be in London still working on taking some of the staff from Chelsea. 
I do wish they would just put out a statement saying it’s done though, couldn’t care less about the glossy photos. But then our Chairman is a bit showbiz. 

Your right there he’s always making a song and dance about everything 😉

1 hour ago, Formby said:

My first ex-wife rang me today to say she had seen Frank outside the Grosvenor Hotel yesterday. He was wearing a black knee-length Crombie coat and looked very handsome, apparently. I mentioned he was probably on his way to his interview with Farhad and she said she said if he spends as much attention to detail on tactics as his appearance, we will do very well. A bit random, but a woman's instinct and all that. Just thought I'd share....  

Stick with the fiction Formby mate:D

Oh, you have.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

There's a big difference between the two. Benitez was in the twilight of his career and had no real incentive to succeed. In contrast, Lampard is a young manager with everything to prove, and you can be very sure he'll have a plan in mind to succeed from the get-go. He'll make mistakes, as does everyone, but I'm sure we're going to see a manager who's determined to succeed.

Money, legacy, caring about your profession, managing in the city you live? He had plenty of reasons to succeed. 

Fair point on Lampard being hungry but that is a double edged sword. That energy and desire is great but it comes without a real resume of accomplishments. I hope he gets the chance Rafa’s baggage’s wouldn’t allow. Every manager needs to be given a chance. 

30 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Money, legacy, caring about your profession, managing in the city you live? He had plenty of reasons to succeed. 

Fair point on Lampard being hungry but that is a double edged sword. That energy and desire is great but it comes without a real resume of accomplishments. I hope he gets the chance Rafa’s baggage’s wouldn’t allow. Every manager needs to be given a chance. 

Just as an aside, he doesn't live in Liverpool. He lives on the other side of the water.

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just as an aside, he doesn't live in Liverpool. He lives on the other side of the water.

I thought we’d heard the last of all this. 😂

He just wanted a job close to his house for an easy life. That’s all it ever was! 😂

Think we all need to recalibrate here... how often have we been here and got giddy with the thoughts of the new man coming in and how hes perfect for us, and that on reflection a real asset.

I don’t see it with Lampard based on his past achievements in management, his links to Chelsea or that he has no links to EFC. He is a gamble, a roll of the dice.

I'm happy he’s been chosen from that shortlist (if the list was true) but just shows much of a let down and reality check the status our club is in with that being our shortlist of managers to appoint. We’re back to the Smith to Moyes era. Moyes worked out well and so certainly hope Frank will too (when confirmed), but it’s a roll of a dice time and Moyes could have balls it up too. Let’s hope Frank works out like Moyes.

Another cross roads moment and these are happening all too frequently 

2 hours ago, Cisk said:

Think we all need to recalibrate here... how often have we been here and got giddy with the thoughts of the new man coming in and how hes perfect for us, and that on reflection a real asset.

I don’t see it with Lampard based on his past achievements in management, his links to Chelsea or that he has no links to EFC. He is a gamble, a roll of the dice.

I'm happy he’s been chosen from that shortlist (if the list was true) but just shows much of a let down and reality check the status our club is in with that being our shortlist of managers to appoint. We’re back to the Smith to Moyes era. Moyes worked out well and so certainly hope Frank will too (when confirmed), but it’s a roll of a dice time and Moyes could have balls it up too. Let’s hope Frank works out like Moyes.

You have to make most of any positives when you can. Every single manager change is a roll of the dice - but you may as well have a good vibe about it on day one. Any sort of enthusiasm was near forced when Benitez was appointed last summer.

If us fans are enthusiastic and feel good about it, then I am sure so of this will transfer to the pitch. At least for a while.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

You have to make most of any positives when you can. Every single manager change is a roll of the dice - but you may as well have a good vibe about it on day one. Any sort of enthusiasm was near forced when Benitez was appointed last summer.

If us fans are enthusiastic and feel good about it, then I am sure so of this will transfer to the pitch. At least for a while.

This.

I expect a great atmosphere against Brentford and hopefully it’s the start of some positivity around the club. 
No overnight success, just start to build from the bottom. Hopefully us fans can be realistic. A few wins between now and the end of the season to be safe, I’d bite your hand off for a tenth place finish next season and then look to improve. But I’m getting too far ahead. Need to beat Newcastle and Leeds. 

4 hours ago, Cisk said:

Out of curiosity, which hire would not have been a roll of the dice?